1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Explosive Documentary Links Peyton Manning, Major Athletes To Doping Ring

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blitzy, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
  2. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    HGH in case of Peyton's, "Human Giga Head"? :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +302
    As the article states, a lot depends on the credibility of Charlie Sly and then the article proves that Sly is not credible.

It does not mean that Manning is innocent with respect to the accusations, but this level of "evidence" is grossly inadequate to establish anything.

It is unclear why Al Jazeera ran the report/article with such little (i.e., none) corroborative evidence--not much of an "investigation".

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    You would think that they would be some paper trail of the shipments from the lab to Manning's wife, if such a thing did occur. Would not the USPS, UPS, and FedEx keep such records?

5. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    The Denver Bronco's Mascot, Billy the Donkey was the courier! No need for paper trail, other than bundles of barley and hay!

6. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Let's not forget that McGuire, Sosa, Bee Bond, LancyBoo Armstrong, et al; all denied, denied, denied! There is always only one version of the truth and it will eventually surface.

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Not if the NFL is in charge of the "fact" finding. ;)

8. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Even the same with the Not For Long mafia ;)

9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning gave a confusing response Sunday when pressed to explain allegations that a clinic sent NFL-banned performance-enhancing drugs to his house under his wife's name, first calling the reports "complete trash" and then distancing himself from his wife's prescriptions.

After an Al Jazeera documentary, "The Dark Side: Secrets of the Sports Dopers," aired earlier that day and included the claim that a clinic mailed human growth hormone and other drugs to Manning's wife, Manning went on ESPN to clear things up.

"It’s completely fabricated, complete trash, garbage," Manning told ESPN host Lisa Salters. He denied ever using HGH. He also said he attended the Guyer Institute in Indiana -- where the pharmacist worked who alleged sending HGH to Manning's wife -- to recover from a neck injury in 2011.

The pharmacist, Charlie Sly, has since recanted the claims, telling ESPN that he "made up" the HGH delivery. Manning also denied ever knowing Sly. Later on Sunday he told NBC Sports he's likely to sue over the allegations.

But when pressed to explain how his wife Ashley Manning was involved, the quarterback distanced himself from anything she received from the clinic and did not deny her being a patient there, saying only that the report "violated" her medical history and privacy.

"Any medical treatments that my wife received, that’s her business," he said. "That has nothing to do with me. Nothing that's been sent to her or [that] my wife has used have I ever taken. Absolutely not. I have my treatments that I do, she may have hers and that is her business. There's no connection between the two."

A spokesman for Manning confirmed to NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport that Manning's wife was a patient at the clinic and did have a prescription but wouldn't confirm what it was, Rapoport said on Twitter.

It remains unclear whether Ashley Manning was ever in possession of the drug.

"As the statements pile up regarding the Peyton Manning report," NBC Sports reporter Mike Florio pointed out, "Ashley Manning’s silence becomes even more conspicuous."

Al Jazeera has not backed away from the story and told reporters that Sly did work for the clinic in 2011, contrary to comments Sly made to ESPN claiming otherwise.

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    You can watch the documentary here:

12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Is this really news?

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
    Because in today's headline-craved society all that matters is a headline that suggests Peyton Manning may have been using PEDs his entire career.

The body of the article and any "investigative journalism" that it may or may not contain is merely fluff.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    That doesn't mean that a denial is any kind of proof.

The bottom line is, guilty or not they're going to deny....but that doesn't mean the "...or not" is removed as a possibility.

15. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    AFAIAC, the whole lot of 'em have used PEDs at some point or another. Some have gotten caught (cue Rodney Harrison's disingenuous apology babble on SNF) and some have not. It maybe that Manning left some traces behind, so we shall see.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    So you run a story where your main source isn't credible and is proved to not be credible in your own story?

Good to know journalists are incompetent no matter where you go, and that Al-Jazerra is every bit as asinine in their US office as they are in their Middle East offices

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    No kidding. I dismissed this entire report when I heard where it came from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    Right. I forgot celebrities and sports players are guilty until proven innocent.

Carry on.

19. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Celebrities?! They usually don't have much to do with PED's unless they are male (rarely females too) actors who need to buff up for a movie role or to maintain their ever effervescent public image (cue both Sylvester and Arnie in here)

For someone who is a Leo in Hollywood, the clues are there right in front of your eyes!

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    I'd hazard to guess that HGH use is actually higher in Hollywood these days, but certainly Leo would know nothing about that. ;)

21. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    In Leo's defense, maybe he hails from Hollywood proper and not West Hollywood where every dude is walking around with 18" guns these days :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    Why do you assume that cynical statement specifically dealt with PEDs and nothing more?

The fact of the matter is regardless of what crime you're talking about and the magnitude of it, in the eyes of the general public celebrities and sports stars are guilty until proven innocent...and even then if they are proven innocent they "obviously paid the right people off."

PEDs and football players is merely the example being discussed in this thread.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    As an aside, I've never been to Hollywood. (I think I drove through a few times)

"Hollywood" was just a stupid high school nickname that I took to the internet because everything kept asking for a user name and I needed an alias.

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I feel so used and lied to!

*huddles in the shower crying 'no no no no noooo'*

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    PED was just an example of a common denominator between celebrities and pro-athletes (these two are not mutually exclusive)

As for preponderance of guilt before found innocent (nice play there HL), do you deny at all that there are two justice systems in America? One for the affluent and for the have nots? This county is no some Banana Republic (it will be if Mr. Trump gets his wish) whereby people in charge of the justice system get overtly paid off to render verdicts of innocence for the guilty, but it is a place where an abundance of money can buy you the best of legal minds to excavate every nook and cranny of the law to sow the seeds of doubt within at least one member of a jury panel. Specially more so in high profile cases as the recent past has shown.

Of course I digress, but as for PEDs and football, I steadfastly hang on to my "opinion" that the science is always a step or two ahead of the laws on the books and a vast majority of pro football players (among many other pro athletes) are simply on the "good stuff". To me, it is so apparent that in most cases I don't even need to perform a blood / urine test!

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    I don't deny that at all.

But just because it happens doesn't mean it's the case any time a celebrity is accused.

I simply don't believe in making assertions without the facts.

27. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    And my whole world comes crashing to the ground, like the Hindenburg!

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 9.21.17 PM.png
    "Oh, the Holly-manity!!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Manning has been taking Head Growth Hormones for a long, long time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Seen at a recent Meet & Greet, HGH? What HGH?

BZ4PUrwIgAAfNwM.jpg