1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

f eric allen

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by !~BOLT~!, Nov 11, 2006.

1. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    f eric allen..oops I mean J theismann

By Eric Allen
    Tomlinson wins this matchup because he's the best running back in the league and the Bengals haven't proven they can stop the run. I don't know who messed with his Wheaties, but Tomlinson has been unstoppable for the past month. If you think he's not having a good game after the first half, just wait for him to turn it up in the second half. If you think he's not catching enough passes, he'll catch four in a row and score on one of them.

There's no stopping him right now, even with teams putting eight or nine men in the box. The Bengals can't afford to do that because of the way QB Philip Rivers has played so far this season. If they get single coverage on the edges, Rivers will have a field day getting it to everyone, including Tomlinson.

The Chargers are smart enough to utilize his skills by getting him out on the edge of the defense in space and letting him create big plays. And heck, if push comes to shove and they really need a big play, the Chargers will give him the ball and he'll throw a touchdown pass.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2655466

green eyes ******* use to give us love, couldnt disagree with him more on this particular article.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Are you illiterate?

What part of this statement "Tomlinson wins this matchup because he's the best running back in the league and the Bengals haven't proven they can stop the run" don't you agree with? Reads just like a huge heaping of praise to me.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    yes, f eric allen for heaping praise upon the Chargers. What a dick. :icon_huh:

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :icon_shrug: :icon_shrug: :icon_shrug: !~BOLT~! WTF!!!!!:icon_shrug: :icon_shrug: :icon_shrug:

If praise is not what you like !~BOLT~!. What do you like?:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

5. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    lmao posted the wrong column

6. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    oh **** thats funny, lemme go find the one i meant to post, i dont know if it was by eric allen or not lol.espn.com shifted the columnist as they often do.

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    :lol: :lol:

I hate it when that happens....:icon_tease:

8. SD2SB2SD

SD2SB2SD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe he's referring to the Theismann article right above it?

9. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    By Joe Theismann
    Rudi Johnson is going to wind up with bigger numbers than Tomlinson because of the absence of Shawne Merriman. The suspended linebacker was a key cog to the Chargers' run defense; the Bengals realize that and will try to run the ball down San Diego's throat. The Bengals have had trouble all season pass-blocking, so they will have to establish the run early and often to be effective.
    Rudi Johnson
    Running back
    Cincinnati Bengals

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
    Att Yds Avg Lng TD
    160 629 3.9 22 6

That works right into the hands of a back like Johnson who plays better the more touches he receives. Johnson is one of those running backs who likes to touch the ball early to get him in a rhythm similarly to what Jerome Bettis used to do.

Watch for Johnson to have a big game and to pound this team in the fourth quarter. He's done a great job running the ball when he gets 20-plus carries and that will continue this week. I expect 25 carries for around 130 yards and a couple touchdowns this w

10. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :icon_mrgreen: :lol: I was starting to think that you were a turd fan in disguise as a bolt fan.:lol: :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_mrgreen: :lol: Now please can we receive the right f eric allen post. It will be much appreciated.:lol: :icon_mrgreen:

11. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    ok so definitely F joe thiesmann.

i thought it was weird allen was talkin **** he normally pays us our due, in the past even when i didnt feel we deserved respect he gave it to sd. sorry bout the mixup, not gonna fix it though becuase its fuqn funny.

12. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :icon_mrgreen: So you meant f Joe Theismann. I got it now.:lol:

I agree 100%

f Joe Theismann

13. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I :wub: eric allen, and there aint nothin wrong with them weird green eyes of his.:tup:

14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    !~BOLT~! This is from Eric Allen :trout: :trout: :trout:

Eric was giving LT major props.

Now Joe Theismann gets these:trout: :trout: :trout:

What a Jerk.

15. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +87
    Thiesman thinks he knows everything, I cant stand listening to him when he does the Monday night game, a know it all and thinks he is always right, I seriously have turned down the volume before whenn he's on, now I really cant stand him!!!!!! :icon_toast:

16. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    i deserve the salmon slap i do. good stuff though, good stuff.

17. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Eric Allen actually predicted us to go to the super bowl last week.

18. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    That's crap what Joe said.

Lemme see, Reuben Droughns, a decent RB in his own right, played against a Merriman-less Chargers run defense and he was stuffed, gaining only 36 yards on the ground on 19 carries.

How is Rudi Johnson going to outgain LT when the Bengals OL is banged up and ours has been doing great the past two weeks opening holes for LT?

That settles it. Joe Theismann has mad cow. :D

19. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    When he says **** like this I just look at this. Fuk em!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Hey !!! It's not the cows fault that Theisman is a jackass.

21. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    some people hate just for the sake of hating. thiesmann hates on us often. how bout fuhq any former player turned analyst. fuhq em for being good at one thing and being handed two sucessful careers. some of these douchebags dont deserve a mic in thier hands. when espn did games of the century where they superimposed many players to make it look like they were actually playing with players from other eras thiesmann was teamed up with howard cosell.

i use to think what fuhqing nerve does thiesmann have to think he belongs on the all century play by play team. howard cosell would not be a happy man if he saw the footage of him working with thiesmann, disrespectful i thought.