1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

F O O D ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chispa, Mar 19, 2008.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    33% Sodium, 50.9% Chloride, 1.8% Minerals and Trace Elements and 14.3% moisture.

2. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Dog someone made a nice point the other day about Kansas.... $$$ will be made fading them especially when they are on the road.

3. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    My ex-boss Dean's Jewish Mom Sylvia taught me how to make ribs!
    I cut the slabs in half and layer them in a 8 qt. stockpot. Season each layer with Lawry's seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper. Toss in about 3 to 4 inches of water, tuck in a few bay leaves. Steam them for about 45 minutes to an hour depending how "fat" the ribs are. Preheat your oven to about 350 to 375 while ribs are steaming. Transfer ribs to baking sheets toss in the oven and let them start crisping up. Maybe 20-30 minutes. Take your giant bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ sauce and squirt into a bowl...be sure to get your favorite "clean" paint brush out too. Baste the ribs with the BBQ sauce about 3 times maybe every ten to fifteen minutes. Take the ribs out of the oven and let them "rest" for maybe 15 minutes. :yes::yes::yes:

4. Game123

Game123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +97
    After the fried pork skins, I had Banana Creme Pie from Marie's. They're on sell this month. My fat *** had to sleep off those calories before I was ready to put the filet mignon on the grill. Today was a bad day as far as watching my weight, but I still managed to trim six pounds in two weeks. :yes:

5. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    Hey Honey!
    Happy Happy Dad's Day!:icon_toast:
    I have got to tell ya a little little story. Albertson's/Jewel here had a one day sale on a bunch of meat. I bought 5 slabs of baby-back ribs for 2.87 a pound. They had whole tenderloins (filet) for 7.99 a pound. Man...I cleaned up that store.:yes: BUT....I have to say this....the Down Syndrome folks and retarded folks that employed by both Safeway (Dominicks) and Albertsons (Jewel) rule! They are so specific when bagging your groceries. I had this zit-laden, can hardly speak the English language, 15 yr old teen bagging my 300.00 worth of groceries today. I bought a bunch of those re-usable canvas bags and brought them in with me. This A-Hole decided to put my chocolate cupcakes on the bottom of the bag and then throw in 4 pounds of Gala apples and 10 huge bakers on top. I got home the friggin cupcakes were crushed and smeared and inedible. I proceed to Dominicks (Safeway) to buy yet another thingie of cupcakes. The retard who was checking out my groceries takes my NEW cupcakes and proceeds to pile all sorts of chit on top of them. I jump in....NOOOOO!
    I think I scared him!:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
    Cupcakes were in a seperate bag.....:lol:

6. Game123

Ratings:
    +97

Hello there, Babe! I know what you mean as far as those damned baggers. Today, at Albertson's (yep, same store...), a kid tried putting two 12 packs of Cokes on top of my bananas. I looked at him and said 'You see, this is the reason why you earn minimum wage... you're a freaking idiot!'

I expect to see him at one of my favorite fast food joints in the near future... and screwing up my order no doubt.:icon_huh:

:lol:

7. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    Screwing up my order is a MAJOR pizz-off for me. I cannot DEAL with people who do not speak English. It makes me SOOOO mad. My son and nephew were denied jobs from fast food places. Because they were too young. They speak fluent English but...you are stuck with old foreigners who do not even know basic English!
    Those semi-normal teen baggers are the worst! Did you happen to notice all the retarded people KNOW how to bag. Not the zit faced idiots? This idiot at Jewel/Albertsons put a four pound bag of friggin apples in my bag, then the friggin cupcakes topped off with 10 huge baker potatoes? I wanted to friggin kill his azz.

8. Game123

Ratings:
    +97

There's a guy who has diminished mental capacities at the Albertson's I shop. He's about 40 yrs old and can be somewhat annoying when he bombards the cashier with lots of questions during check-out. I humor the guy because I know he's doing the best he can and I give him lots of encouragement and praise when he addresses me. I also make it a point to thank him and wish him a good day when he's done. Even that guy knows not to pack groceries in a way that damages the items.

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Well, .......that does sound lovely :icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
  11. TheLash

Ratings:
    +714
    speaking as the father of a kid with autism let me say thank you for your patience. tolerance and compassion. :icon_toast:these kids mostly really are doing the best they can, and it means alot to them to have you treat them with cordiality and understanding. it's not their fault they are that way and they didn't ask to be that way. let me tell you from experience that their parents worked very hard to get them as far as they could and worry about them everyday. As a parent your biggest worry is what will happen to them when you're dead and gone and not there to watch out for them.

I also hope that some day we evolve as a society to the point where we no longer think its funny or acceptable to say someone is retarded or has downs as a way of slamming them, but I know that is my own personal bias and I don't like to seem like i'm trying to force it on others . after having gotten flamed for making that opinion known way back when I was at the UT I keep my opinion to myself now.....................mostly:icon_sad:

12. TheLash

Ratings:
    +714
    :icon_eek::lol::tup:

13. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    Hey Mr. Lash!
    Most excellent post!:yes:
    My SIL Mary is 32 yrs old with Down Syndrome. Thank God that my MIL and FIL found Misericordia here in the Chicago area. It greatly helped to put their most biggest fear on the back burner of worries. It is a wonderful organization, mainly run by volunteers, siblings, fundraisers and private donations. Mary went from living at the Shannon House...apartment style living....3 to an apartment to an off-campus group home. All of the residents who are able at Mis hold a job on campus....bakery, laundry, on-site restaurant, greenhouse, etc. They also have a section for long-term nursing care for residents who are severely disabled. When Mary moved to the group home she got a job at a nearby Catholic School as "playground/lunchlady". We all were cracking up, as she doesn't have a lot of patience! LOL! Unfortunately, right before Christmas something happened to her at the school. She claims she was assaulted (sexually) by two boys who attend the school. She became increasingly paranoid, exhibiting very odd behavior. She was briefly hospitalized at the psych unit at a local hospital after she ate 20 vitamin tabs. No one even did a psych eval on her at the hospital. Meds, meds, meds! She loves coming to my house and hanging out.....we have like mini-vacations for her. After the Dec. episode and hospitalization, she came up here for a week-end. She brought me to tears! I had to sleep with here because she is so afraid of the "demons"....she does not go to sleep until about 3AM...the anti-psychotic drugs these idiots prescribed her make her VERY hungry....so now our big thing is that I cook her her favorite bacon and eggs and bagel at 3AM! She sleeps with a flash light and thinks her "stalkers" are watching her from the ceiling can lights and heating vents. This has been SOOO hard on us all. Mary was the most out-going, happy go lucky, dancing machine before this incident. I just pray she gets thru it with the help of her family. BTW, my most favorite bagger is Bridget....teeny tiny little Down Syndrome gal! She might be a little slow, but she puts everything in it's place when bagging my groceries. Such a sweet and cute gal!:yes::yes::yes:

14. TheLash

Ratings:
    +714
    wow that sounds like a great organization they found for her, i'm sorry to hear about her difficulties. I've always been of the opinion of the fewer meds the better and luckily no one has ever wanted to put my son on them. keep up the good work with being a friend and a refuge to her, sounds like she could use it right now

15. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    I don't think there are too many psychs or counselors trained to deal with mental retardation and diagnosis of mental and/or psychotic behavior. I hooked my MIL up with one guy here in this area.....He deals ONLY with adult DS patients. She didn't like him....go figure? Let's just medicate the gal until she has NO personality left. I am pissed and I think I am going to go to Mary's next session. I am prolly the only DIL that my stubborn and weird MIL will not challenge. Mary's dad died March 2006. All of her siblings have tried to help in her care. Tom, my husband, Brian, Pete, Joe...brothers and of course crazy Lauren!
    Thank God that no one has recommended meds for your son. I stand by my feelings that sometimes the side-effects out-weigh the benefit of the drug. :yes::yes::yes:

16. Game123

Ratings:
    +97

I enjoy spending time with those who are less fortunate. As a teen, I would spend part of my summers helping out at a camp for kids with special needs. One of my favorite campers was Doug, a kid with Down syndrome. Since he was a handful all by himself, I was assigned to him one-on-one. Great summer!

I wish you well with your kid. God Bless.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :icon_toast:

18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Goddamn me if I visit the RX during CFB season.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    OK, so someone brought in some home grown zucchini yesterday.

I took one, washed it, cut it up int bite sized pieces and sauteed it up with some stewed tomatoes and a chopped onion...

UMMMMM fuggin UMMM!

• Like Like x 1
  20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Left over Kick-*** Texas Chili for supper!! :tup:

21. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Zucchini makes me want to :puke:

Here are MTL approved veggies...

Bok Choy
    Cabbage
    Endive
    Lettuce
    Peas
    Spinach
    Swiss Chard
    ----
    Artichoke
    Avocado
    Bell Pepper
    Cayenne Pepper
    Tomato
    ----
    Celery
    Garlic
    Leek
    Onion
    Shallot
    ----
    Bamboo Shoot
    Carrot
    Ginger
    Sweet Potato
    Wasabi
    ----

"Others"...

Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Collard Greens
    Kale
    Parsley

That's it.

The rest can KMA&SMD.

22. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I love zucchini...

One way I make it is to cut it in half (long ways)... Drizzle with a little bit of no fat butter, parmesian cheese and a few drops of soy sauce... Cook in the micro wave until soft....

Yummy

23. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Zucchini is my least favorite squash, but I still use it with a lot of Italiano dishes.

Mtl, you need some squash on that list. Maybe spaghetti squash? Butternut? Slathered in butter?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Doing a kind of "cold dish pot luck" late this afternoon for local family and friends. I'll be grilling hamburgers and hotlinks outside and warming up some baked beans out there. The others are all bringing stuff like home made macaroni salad, cole slaw, gurken, iced veggie tray (includes jimica sticks & blanched broccoli), etc.

A good day for this kind of thing, we passed 104 a little over an hour ago. This will keep them from having to heat up their own houses for dinner and ours will remain cool too. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  25. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    The closest I would get to that is pumpkin and only in desserts. Sweet potato is better to me. Squash eggplant and the rest make me wanna :puke:

26. TheLash

Ratings:
    +714
    I was at a jewish roomates house for passover supper and there one part where they eat parsley. his dad told a joke that I can't hear the word parsley without laughing now.

what's the difference between parsley and *****?
    nobody eats parsley:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

thank you i'll be here all season.:icon_banana:

so what are your feelings on chives...