1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

F O O D ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chispa, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    I am such a moron!
    This is the "FOOD" thread!
    For July 5th I made this...
    10 lbs. of brisket, which I think I f'd up. I started the brisket the night before with an awesome rub. I didn follow the directions. I took the brisket straight to the oven. I think I should have smoked the thing for about 4 hours at very low heat and then transfer to the oven at 250 for maybe another 3-4 hours.
    BBQ'd chicken....turned out pretty good!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I'm constantly using the wok these days - today it was beef pot stickers. A tablespoon of oil in the hot wok - swished around up the sides and just getting ready to smoke. In goes a bag of frozen (pre-cooked) beef pot stickers for browning. After satisfied with the browning, put on the cover then tilting it just slightly, introduced about two tablespoons of water, dropped the lid and listened to all of the hissing and popping. (Actually stuck my tongue out at the wok saying "didn't get me this time you ***tard!"). After all the noise quit, I gave them a quick stir and judged how much water was left - lid back on and cooked until water was gone.

Served with rice and mixed veggies - absolutely CLEANED my over-loaded plate. :tup:

Total time = 15 minutes start to finish on the "main course". ;)

Edited: Would have been better with an ear or two of that "two handed corn" (another phrase officially *stolen* from this thread for re-use.

For Steph - did you consider feeding his relatives some monkey (barky-bark) meat on a stick? Just a thought. :icon_twisted:

3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    i'm sure my son will be thrilled:lol:

4. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I'm still having trouble getting over the burger avatar in ThankGodfortheChargers's posts.........y'all seen that yet? It's gotta be the biggest fargin' burger I've ever seen, even bigger than the old Bwana Burger they used to serve at that little restaurant that used to be close to the Wild Animal Park. Some dude once ate FOUR of them. My dad once came close to finishing one. I couldn't even get through half of the damned thing; I remember reading that some female had eaten two. I'd still like to know how the hell she did it...........I can put it away, but at no time in my entire life have I been capable of snarfing one pound of ground beef with all the trimmings on a bun the size of a salad plate. `BURP`

5. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    [​IMG]

First time I saw that image, one of the Charger fans was making fun of Warren Sapp (trying to bum a Mars bar off of a Zebra).

....hmmm... Fried meatloaf on a bun? Gotta try that. ;)

6. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    After having lunch at McGrath's Fish House today, I don't care if I don't eat again until Labor Day.......I had hot sourdough bread, tossed salad, golden beer-battered halibut, and fries, which is one of my very favorite meals. Wasn't nearly as much food as that crazy burger, but good Lord, what normal human being can eat that?! I don't like being so full that the mere act of bending over could cause a blowout from both ends......URP

7. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    add in some peas and thats my favorite meal too:yes:

did you do tarter sauce or malt vinegar on the fish?

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Do you have to choose?? :lol:

If there's enough fish & both are available, I like to have a little of both - separately, of course. :yes:

My co-worker won a half off lunch at Hooter's for 12 people, so we're going there after work tomorrow. Wings all around!!! :tup:

9. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    "Would you like the red wine or the white?" Buck: "YES"!