1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Face it...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Oct 5, 2008.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    We need to play games with a tude like these Stillers do.

2. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    NO! :crying:
    I can't pass the fact that we made channing crowder and that other hoff guy look like junior seau (retro ofcourse) and lawrence taylor.

It's so hard being a bolts fan. So much disappointments :unsure: but i'm still here, still chanting maybe next year. WHEN THE F IS THAT GOING TO HAPPEN I'M TIRED OF FREAKING WAITING!!!!!!!:icon_evil::icon_evil:

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    you got caught up in all that pre season hype, and you read how great we are!

Just remember its how you finish not how you start.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +491
    yes, but if this teams waits any longer it won't matter how it finishes

5. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    If they don't turn it around Conc will be going without hair for another year.

6. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I agree with most of what's being said tonight on all the boards.

Bottom line, we sucked today. The players were outplayed, the coaches outcoached & we are a very "average" team at best right now.

I was sold on Norv & Ted the 2nd half of last season, but now Im right back where I was & worse than this time last year. There are NO excuses for this team being as unprepared & as lazy as they are playing...period!!

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    The way I see it, 2-3 is very much below average.

8. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312

• Like Like x 1
  9. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    YES that could hve been the case but when
    L.T wasnt doin really anything on the ground they needed to do something different put sproles in there something if 21 was runing all over the place on them sure at this point it doesnt really matter the outc=come is what it is and not goin to change we were at this point last year i just hope we have some change .ill still be flying in from ny next week screaming my head off till the end

10. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    I'm done cryin now.

11. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Yea i did sadly. I was so excited for the return of football. I agree i still have faith in (i'm hoping this word describes whats happening) "slow starting" chargers.

:lol: the way we are going I'm thinking conc might grow hair when i loose mine (sadly:icon_sad:)

PS i'm 16 :lol:

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Now thats what I'm talking about! :tup:

Keep the faith!

13. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Keep the faith!

Everything is going to work out!

• Like Like x 1
  14. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    I disagree. I think the players looked like it was a rehearsal for a game, didn't see the enthusiasm for the plays.

15. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192

Sproles averaged four yards a carry and LT averaged three yards a carry which isn't any worse when you take into account those three running plays where he was met in the backfield right after the handoff. Both runningbacks played better then the numbers indicate, and I think that the offense would have played much better if they had stuck with the run throughout the game, rather than abandoning it after the first drive. Reminds me of Kansas City last year, where Norv completely abandoned the running game in the second half.

16. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I agree. And maybe sticking with the run for awhile would have given our "O" line some confidense...they sucked today!

17. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    This is what I put on the Fire Norv thread:

What coaches are in my opinion: The coaches are like chess players they are resposible for knowing what strengths and weaknesses each player has on their team as well as the opposing team. They are resposible for putting their players in a position of success and the player they choose should dominate. Plays for the most part are called by the coaches and should be designed to utilize their players to the best of their abilities.

The San Dego Charger coaches were not able to make adjustments today with their players to compete with the dolphish. I am not saying there wasn't lackluster play by the starters but I believe the San Diego chess players (coaches) couldn't make a correct move to save their own life. CHECKMATE!!!!!!!!!

18. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    We were bad last year with our pass rush even with merriman. There is only one place to point a finger here at our defense truly suucking for two years. Cottrell. Nothing against him. But fire him and give the d-coaching job to Rivera. Now.

For those still mesmerized by cottrells defenses. Check out what our defenses did a year to two years before cottrell took over. And this is with almost the same players. And now we've added some better players. Fire cottrelll. NOw. Enough of this loyalty sheet. If a guy suucks he suucks. Wake up spanos.

19. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Maybe I was away from football for too long a couple of years ago and maybe my mind is slipping, but I thought the defense could adjust 'at the line of scrimmage' to the way the offense lined up and could change the play they were to execute. Sorta like the QB does when he sees the defense line up a certain way. At least, at times when what they've BEEN doing isn't working?

20. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    So many cliches to throw in.....

When you're losing, it's never pretty. But we'll see just how "deep" this Charger football team is in the near future.

21. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    My point bad play calls is the one yard stand sending LT straight ahead when the O line couldn't make a hole for him all day.

22. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    But...but...but...it's true. With all the talent we've had and proved what we 'could' do, why can't we do it? Cuz they've gotta have heart to match the talent, and I don't understand why they keep losing it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    But the LT of 2006 would have made it easily. I think he lost heart after all the statements to the press about being classy, after the fans put him down for the attitude between he and Rivers...

• Like Like x 1
  24. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    I am not saying coaching is the only reason for our loss today. The Chargers didn't play an inspired game and the dolphish put some effective offense on the field. I think that the hiking the ball to Brown was effective and they shook things up and we played conventional football. We were not able to adjust to their plays or stop the run.
    Football is a team sport which includes the coaching staff.

• Like Like x 1
  25. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Exactly! :flag: :bolt:

26. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    He is not the LT of 2006 he is the player he is now. That is why we have coaches to make appropriate calls for the players we have now they understand what they are capable of doing.

27. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    True. But I sure miss the old LT that could make me yell and scream, despite what my neighbors think.
    Ah well, time to go eat and watch some TV.

28. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Even IF LT isn't the same player he was in 2006, I find it so funny that people can question his heart or commitment. After all he's put his body and mind through, throughout the years (training and on the field), it's only a matter of time before it begins to breakdown. I for one will hold my judgment, but one thing for sure is, it takes a whole lot of heart to be where he's at. You just don't "lose" that.

• Like Like x 1
  29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    This team is puussy Pillow soft right now. It's a fact.

Trust me... I know. I love soft sweet vagina.

If Matt Cassel gets his face pasted onto the MNF horse trailer, you can kiss this season goodbye.

Come on boys, grow a diick, a set of balls, and C(OCK SLAP those New England clams on Monday night. It's the only way to earn back the reputation you've obtained. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  30. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +326
    I hope you are infering that I question his heart because I think he is the true Blue and Gold. I think LT has a lot left to do in his career with the Chargers.:yes::yes::yes: