1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Faiders to waive Deangelo Hall??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BFISA, Nov 4, 2008.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/04/raiders-to-release-cb-hall/

NFL.com BlogsAdam Schefter

Official Blog of the National Football League

Adam Schefter

Raiders could release CB Hall

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: DeAngelo Hall, Oakland Raiders

Oakland captured the NFL’s attention when it fired Lane Kiffin and hired Tom Cable. Now it is about to do it again — in a far more stunning fashion.

The Raiders are on the verge of releasing Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall on Wednesday, according to multiple NFL sources.

If they do — and the team was planning on doing it Tuesday before it held off — Oakland will have paid Hall $8 million for eight games and Atlanta a second-round pick for the cornerback’s services.

Oakland is planning to waive him now so as to avoid paying Hall the $16 million worth of injury-guaranteed bonuses in his contract. It is too much of a risk for a Raiders team that still needs to do more rebuilding.

If Oakland follows through, Hall would be placed on waivers, leaving playoff contenders with the question of whether they should put in a claim for him. If Hall goes unclaimed, he would be free to sign with any team.

Last off-season, when the Falcons shopped Hall, the teams most interested in the cornerback were the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants and Washington Redskins. The New England Patriots also have been in search of cornerback help.

Any one of those teams could put in a waiver claim for Hall, but it would be obligated to pick up his contract. If no one claims Hall, he could sign with the team of his choosing.

But this much is known: Hall’s time in Oakland has been brief and looks to be coming to a close. The curtain could drop Wednesday, if not Tuesday night.

Posted in: Adam Schefter |

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Hall could be the fist of a major purge

In the wake of the news that the Raiders soon will release cornerback DeAngelo Hall, a league source tells us that as many as 15 other current members of the team could be gone before next year.

The source believes that the purge will include receiver Javon Walker and defensive tackle Tommy Kelly.

As to Hall, we’re told that the reasons given for the move include a desire to devote the money that Hall would receive over the next year ($16.5 million) to inking cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha to a long-term deal, and to sign other players.

Also, don’t be shocked if someone makes a waivers claim on Hall. We’re told that interested teams include the Patriots, Texans, Giants, Redskins, Rams, and Saints. Several teams have the money to pay Hall — and getting him for $16 million in guaranteed money could be regarded as a bargain.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :icon_rofl: :tup: :icon_party: :flag: :bolt:

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Well...it is Oakland and Al Davis is still alive. :icon_rofl:

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :turdspuke:

:icon_party:

6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Wow, what a disaster.

7. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    BFISA Quote'S BFISA :icon_eek: :icon_huh: :icon_shrug: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

8. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Hall, Walker, and Kelly could all be cut before the end of the year??!!? What a mess of an organization.....

I LOVE IT!!!!

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Wow a team is getting rid of players, and there are no threads started asking if we should sign him. I will have to mark this day on my calender.

Its a first.

10. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    if hall could stop with the penalties, i would say "lets pick him up"

11. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Does this mean that PR and our receiving corp won't be able to embarrass him twice a year? Shucks!!!

12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Our Nickel and Dime CBs are better.

Pass.

I wonder what that guy that invested the money in the Raiders is thinking about now. :lol:

This is freaking great!! :icon_rofl:

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Rumor from rf.net is mebbe Tardell Sands mebbe one of them released!! :icon_eek:

14. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Wait until Nnamdi decides to bail on 'em next year. It'll be complete mess on that defense. If I was Rob Ryan... I'd be packin' my bags too. That place is a fuucking mess. :lol:

15. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    That's the one guy who I hope leaves. Nnamdi has been treated like **** by the raiders, and should've been given DeAngelo Hall's money to begin with. He's too good to be a Raider. Hopefully he doesn't go to NE. NO would love to have him, and would help that team a lot.

16. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Regardless, this 9 game rental cost the Raiders MILLIONS upon MILLIONS, and its going to keep costing them for the next few years.

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    taking the money from walker/hall and giving it to asamougha is actually the smartest thing the raiders have done in a long while.

Having said that: :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    And taking it would be the dumbest thing Aso could do. :yes:

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I have the strangest feeling welling up inside me.

I hate the Raiders and want them to suffer.

The Raiders organization is so inept it makes itself suffer and, by all accounts, will continue to do so.

I love that which makes the Raiders suffer.

I love the Raiders. :icon_eek:

20. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...The Raiders have long mastered the art of salary cap mismanagement. This is a step in the right direction for them but it will take a long time to recover. They'll be paying for players no longer on their team, trying to draft some to replace them and in all probability, making future mistakes on free agents just because Al's still there.

All hail to the biggest buffoon in ownership...

:bow::bow:

21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I would never type anything like this, even if I lost a bet.

22. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ....Hmmm, the medication is on it's way :icon_huh: Kind of a brain scramble there my good man although I think, I think, I understand your ramblings. :lol:

23. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I know...

... I feel...

... ****in'...

weird

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    BAN IMMEDIATELY :mad3:

25. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I don't think it will let me ban myself...

If another admin could proceed with this I would appreciate it. And if somebody can pick me up and give me a lift to the nearest mental health facility it would, likewise, be appreciated. :unsure:

26. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Long live Al,
    Long live Al,
    Long live Al!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

27. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  28. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    To Al Davis - making the Raiders suck for years to come:icon_toast:

29. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Aside From DeAngelo Hall, Raiders May Also Release Javon Walker

Earlier this evening, Michael David Smith passed along the big news that the Oakland Raiders were prepared to part ways with, perhaps, the worst off-season pickup in the NFL, DeAngelo Hall. While Hall's poor play -- magnified by the hefty price tag he comes with -- hasn't been a surprise to, well, pretty much anyone outside of Al Davis' inner-circle of crazy, it is a surprise to see them be willing to part ways with him after just eight games.

I, for one, applaud them for owning up and, essentially, admitting that they made a huge, huge mistake. Well, two mistakes, actually. The first mistake was trading for him, the second mistake was giving him a brinks truck full of Benjamin's.

Having said that, it's equally surprising to see ESPN's tag-team duo of Chris Mortensen and John Clayton report that Davis has a list of players currently on his bad side, and that many of them could be released in an everything-must-go-style roster trimming. The other big name, allegedly, on the list? Perhaps the second worst off-season pickup, Javon Walker. The only thing that keeps Walker from being the worst, in my mind, is the fact the Raiders didn't have to give up a second-round pick to acquire him. Just a lot of money.
    Hall isn't the only Raider under consideration for release. Wide receiver Javon Walker received an $11 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary this year, but he has only 13 catches in his first seven games with the Raiders. The other players on Davis' list are unknown.

Somewhere in California Lane Kiffin is laughing out loud at all of this. And Clark Judge is probably joining him. Kiffin, the former Raiders coach, seemed to be against the addition of Walker from pretty much day one, and was quick to call out the $55 million man for not earning his pay in training camp. The only thing they're missing is for Tommy Kelly to also be on Davis' list.

Yup. I've got no idea how this team continues to lose.

30. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Next step will be evil Al filing for Chapter 11. :D
    ROTFL - Took a few seconds for me to realize that was Lane. :D :tup:

Now back to grinning myself about MeAngelo Melanoma Hall being out on the streets. Undoubtedly he will get an offer from the Cheatriots.