1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Falcons CB Deangelo Hall wants to be traded

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 1, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I don't like him, but if he can be had for MEcree, Hart, and Florence, what the hell. Heck, I'd throw in Cotrell for free!

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
  4. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I heard that on Sirius radio this afternoon. A caller called in and talked adout the Chargers sending Michael Turner,Drayton Florence- Henderson and a 2nd. rounder. to the Falcons for him. I'd have no problem with that except for the 2nd. rounder.

Everything I've heard about Hall sounds like that last game was a first for him. I'd be willing to make a trade for him. Plus the Chargers can get rid of Florence-Henderson and get a "real" CB.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Henderson?

6. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Florence Henderson? :lol:

7. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Obviously too young for that reference :lol:

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Bring in an overrated headcase to go with a bunch of underachieving blowhards. Yeah... I think Norv would be able to handle that!! :lol:

9. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    and yet I still have no idea wtf you all are talking about

My deal is

Florence, Turner and Mcree for Hall

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Drayton Florence-"Henderson"

Florence Henderson was the actress that played the Mother (Carol Brady) in TV's "The Brady Bunch"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Hall sounds like trouble. Tempermental, maybe with a closet full of dog skeletons. Making moves just to make moves doesn't accomplish anything. If he's still down with Vick, then there's a personality problem I would prefer not to deal with.

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Hall's the CB that carved "I own #85" in his haircut (referring to Chad Johnson) and proceded that night to get totally owned by Chad Johnson.

You guys want to complain about D'Flo, Jammer, and Cromartie? Uh, Hall's not really that much better, other than being able to pick off the ball once in a while. As far as actually covering a WR, he doesn't have the hitting/tackling ability of Jammer, isn't as physically gifted as Cromartie, and is about as much a head case as D'Flo.

13. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    No he isnt. He had that one incident. He is an alright dude. He went to the same college as Vick . That is why they are friends. He is good friends with teammate CB Jimmy Williams too...who also went to Virginia Tech

I heard he(Hall) is on the conduct commity for the NFL

14. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Cromarties gift seems to be alluding him this year and Jammer can tackle, but its his coverage that worries me so far.

The whole damn team worries me.

Damn it i hate Ted Cottrell and Norv Turner :censored: :mad: :angry: :icon_mad:

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup, I've just about had it.

I said I'd start the "panic button" mode if we went 1-4, and we're dangerously close to that, going into Denver.

My title says it all. I'm about finished supporting the Norv Turner experiment.

16. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    DeAngelo Hall is a big talker who doesn't play up to what comes out of his mouth. Don't want him. He is a lot like Florence with a lil better ball skills. They both suck in my mind.

We will let that POS Florence go. Jammer will be fine and I have high hopes that Paul Oliver will step into the #2 role as I really like his ability. He was a champ recruit with tons of natural talent and football smarts. #1 cornerback of the 2003 class. Looked solid as hell at UGA.

We will see what happens with Cro but WCS he is our slot man. I personally would like to use our second rounder next year on one of the sick south florida cornerbacks. Both of these guys are like glue sticks. I personally like Trae Williams but Jenkins is a beast too. The best defensive backs and defensive tackles are from GA/FL. You need to know where to get your beef and where to get your bling.

17. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    btw it seems it took aj a while to realize where he needed to draft his corners from. look at the talented corners in the nfl, where are they from?

Champ Bailey - georgia
    Asante Samuel - florida
    Anthony Henry - florida
    Dunta Robinson - georgia
    Rashean Mathis - florida
    Fabian Washington - florida
    Lito Sheppard - florida

you can even go up to carolina and virginia to bring in quality CBs. This is where we need to draft from and with cro and oliver it is clear AJ has caught on.

18. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Dhall is a huge upgrade from anything wearing a bolt

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Send them Turner.

20. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I do agree that certain conferences are best for certain positions.

21. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Both?

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :yes:

If they have to take the RB to take the Coach.:lol:

23. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

That might be a deal breaker for them. :icon_tease:

24. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    i am not talking about conferences i am talking about place of birth :icon_huh:

25. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Thats your ideal criteria for being a good NFL CB? :icon_shrug: :huh:

I think you need to do more digging

26. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    So, then the fact that D'Flo was born in Florida should matter. So are McCree and Hart, both of whom you criticize regularly.

You also said Virginia. Well DeAngelo Hall, who you poo-pooed is from there.

27. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    yes. these kids run around sweating like pigs training in the most uncomfortable conditions. i want my cornerbacks and defensive tackles from the southeast. I want my offensive linemen from the midwest.

28. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    deangelo hall has tons of natural talent he is just a POS. I could name 7th round scrubs who play in the CFL who were born in florida too. I am just saying the best of the best these days come from the southeast.

29. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I think it's more the Florida colleges and not necessarily the birthplaces.

However, the Florida schools are notorious for recruiting within their own state. Looking at their rosters, it's probably 2/3 Florida kids.

30. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    no it's the birthplaces. the most incredible athletes are from florida. just by growing up there as a lil kid if you become an athlete you get incredible stamina and fast twitch reflexes. look at the nba. vince carter doesn't even train in the offseason and he is a gawd like athlete. chad johnson eats mcdonalds 3 times a week and he is a gawd like athlete. amare stoudiemire is a gawd like athlete. this is not up for debate i am telling you a scientific fact - southeast athletes are the best. period.