1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Falcons Versus the Broncos

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltWalt, Sep 17, 2012.

1. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Anybody else enjoying this? Currently Atlanta is winning 20-0. Go Falcons!

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I certainly am, someone needed to pump the breaks on the hype machine after they beat a battered Steelers team last week.

Peyton's arm looks weak tonight, all the throws are late, even the completions are taking receivers off balance. Even his TD pass to Thomas just a minute ago was a wobbly duck.

3. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    Damn I should have kept quite about this game I may have jinxed Atlanta, now Denver has scored a TD.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Anyone else think Michael Turner looks like he's running in sand?

And Demaryius Thomas is a beast, I can't wait to see Antione Cason try to tackle him.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Just posted in another forum that Turner looks done. Why not go with Quizz Rogers?

Thomas...yikes...

6. Charger Harold

Charger Harold BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Enjoyed the first quarter. Now it's no longer much of a game, really.

7. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    What happened to Turner the Burner, is it just Father Time? I hope Cason can handle Thomas.

8. Charger Harold

Charger Harold BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Been a lot of talk about Turner reaching the end of his productive years. Some say Jones-Drew could be approaching that time, but he hasn't shown signs of wearing out.

9. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    Come on Falcons don't let this game slip away!

10. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    This is it!

11. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    Damn.... It!!!!!!

27-21 with 3:25 to go. Go Falcons!

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Farg! Close game now.

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Horrible pathetic finish by the Falcons. I'm really a lot less worried about next week.

Michael Turner looks old and slow, hell Jackie Battle has more burst.
    White and Jones are none factors with safety help over the top. They're best when playing man up and they can push their way by coverage.
    Their O-line is just average.
    Their D-line has no pass rush even with John Abraham...who is also old and washed up.

The only concern I really have after tonight is Gonzalez, who always kills us.

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Why is Michael Turner even in this ******* game? It should be Rodgers all day long.

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Oh thank god. Great play by Matt Ryan, Riversesc'.

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    HAHAHAHAHAHA and all the worry about these two clubs. They both look very beatable to me!!!!

17. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    That is it! Chargers have taken sole possession of first place in the AFC West, may they keep it through week 17 and into the playoffs.:):broncossuck:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    The Falcons secondary looked pretty good to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BoltWalt

Ratings:
    +68
    Yes he does, doesn't he. Stop encouraging the acid in my stomach! Sunday was the way I like for the Bolts to win games, no trouble at all.

20. San Diego Bolts17

San Diego Bolts17 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I was pretty scared about next week before this game and although the Falcons secondary looked good, i'm a lot less worried now. Bring on the falcons!

21. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Their biggest issue is they have no real serious pass rushers, Abraham is definately a step slower than he was a few years ago, Philip Rivers could shred them next week.

And I'm glad that this is a home game for us, usually we're always the ones duped into having to go to the east coast every other week.

22. San Diego Bolts17

San Diego Bolts17 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Rivers is going to have to throw to the RBs a lot, as he usually does and that'll give us some good gains without having to worry about their Secondaries making intercepts like today.

23. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Ehhh...I would argue it wasn't so much ATL's defense as Peyton Manning underthrowing balls into double coverage.

The Falcons seemed determined to not just give Manning the dinks and dunks he made his career off of, but challenge him to throw the ball down field like he avoided doing against the Steelers.

24. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    BTW Denvers upcomming schedule...

Week 3 - Houston
    Week 4 - Oakland
    Week 5 - @ New England
    Week 6 - @ San Diego
    Bye
    Week 8 - New Orleans
    Week 9 - @ Cincinatti
    Week 10 - @ Carolina

Only 1 cupcake in there in week 4, otherwise this team is going to have to get sharp fast to avoid having a losing record heading into week 11...when they play us again....then it starts getting mighty cold in Denver.

25. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    It's called Mike Mularkey runs his feature back into the ground (literally, go and look at how many carries per season Turner was getting in Atlanta with MM as his OC) - why do you think MJD was so adamant about trying to get a raise now (because he's going to have nothing left after two years in Mularkey's system to market when his contract does expire)?

Turner had the advantage that he'd seen limited carries backing up LT, so he wasn't supposed to have the mileage that makes you worry about him hitting 30 and totally breaking down. Then Mularkey happened and he made up for lost time and carries in that offense, so now that he'll eclipse 30 in the next year his body's just about done.

26. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    The way Cincy's and New Orleans' defenses are playing, I wouldn't call them cupcakes but they're definitely beatable by Denver's standards. The Saints need to hope their OL gets its act together because facing Denver at home coming off a bye is going to be no picnic for Brees, especially if his defense continues to give up an average of 35+ per game. In Cincinnati, in week 9 should give the Bengals enough time to get healthy where they've been lacking (CB, DE), but they just lost Kirk Morrison for the year and Dan Skuta is utter trash. They, however, at least have the tools to reproduce what Nolan pulled off tonight with the Falcons' D and press the corners up to challenge while rushing Peyton from various angles.

I hope Pagano's paying attention, because we can play guys off against Peyton and not expect him to just take all the underneath stuff all day and attempt to methodically move the ball on us. I'd contend we can probably afford to get into such a battle with him because I don't think they have a solution for a healthy Gates, but we also don't have DB's with hands as soft as Atlanta's so our guys might just stonehand some of those INT opportunities.

27. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Oakland might be a cupcake but they always play the Donks tough.

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Let's see, according to much of the Donkey faithful this morning ....

Peyton's arm is fine, just made some bad reads.
    Peyton's arm is shot.
    McGahee is a beast.
    They're using (K)noshow(n) incorrectly.
    Atlanta's not that good.
    Nolan called a very good defensive game. Didn't watch so won't comment except to say I respect Nolan as a DC.
    The ref's stole the game.
    Atlanta will rip the Chargers this week.
    They should have kept Tebow.
    Mays can't cover.
    Von Miller needs a new sack dance.
    Turner the Burner is shot (not shot, but he's definitely showing the effects of heavy use & age).
    Elway is too arrogant to do the team much good. Heehaw, heehaw
    Broncos will still win the division easily after the Chargers fold. I guess we'll just have to see about that, won't we?

29. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
  30. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Well based on your assumption then, the Bolt's should just pack it in and save the Falcons the trip out west.