1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fan cost index

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jan 2, 2011.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
  2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    With low early season expectations, high cost of living, high unemployment, high under employment, high % of non-san diego natives, and high ticket costs, it is no wonder we have been having blackouts.

Poeple like to say how great teams like KC's and Green Bay's fans are because they nearly always sell out, yet they have a lower cost of living, lower unemployment, lower % of out of towners, and lower ticket prices, plus many cities like these have several states to market their teams to, where the Chargers really only have southern California. Denver markets the Broncos to all of Colorado, Utan, Montana, Kansas, and Idaho

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    But in Green Bay they have a waiting list for season tickets that has HUGE line. I work with a guy who has waited 15 years, and as soon as he gets his chance, he is retiring and movong up there.

He is a retired E-9 from the Navy and is now eligible to retire from the Civil Service.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    KC has had problems selling out games this year. All were eventually sold out though. The Packers numbers are somewhat misleading. I have friends who were born & raised in Green Bay. They have season tickets. But you only get half a season (1 preseason, 4 regular season), as you share your seats with someone from Milwaukee. On the last stadium rennovation at Green Bay (5-6 years ago?), not only did season ticket holders have to pay $3000 per seat to cover the costs, the local sales tax also went up as the city actually owns the team.

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    And even with high demand, Green Bay still has lower ticket costs than the Chargers. They also have lower cost of living, lower unemployment, a whole state that supports them, and only a VERY small percentage of their population that isn't a native to the area.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Those are just a couple examples. Denver, Pitt, Balt, Seattle, Minn are all other examples

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Exactly, how many people move TO Green Bay?

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    My brother did, but his wife had family there

9. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Green Bay is in a unique situation being the only publicly owned nfl team

10. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I know someone who is waiting to move back to his home.

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    and even with all that you still wait 40 years to get season tickets.

The Season Tickets Waiting List Directory

12. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Sorry CBF, you are wrong here

Starting in the 1920s, the Green Bay Football Corp. made a series of public stock offerings. In 1950, 1,900 local residents each put up $25 a share to buy the team.

"Green Bay Packers, Inc., has been a publicly owned, non-profit corporation since Aug. 18, 1923, when original articles of incorporation were filed with Wisconsin's secretary of state.

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I sit corrected sir! I mean to say, the fans own it. Well...I think the shareholders are fans. But I've been known to be wrong before.

14. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    No worries :lol:

my SD born & raised brother that converted to Cheese Head reminds me all the time

:bolt:

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That is my point. They have a lower % of non-natives than San Diego does, which helps them sell out since everyone there is a Pack fan, where as the Chargers have a HUGE portion of their local population, that couldn't care less about the Chargers