1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fan Q&A: Antwan Applewhite

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

LB Antwan Applewhite answers fan questions about all things L.A., his role on special teams and his pregame breakfast.

Chargers.com
    Posted 2 hours ago
    8-7-2010

Outside linebacker Antwan Applewhite[​IMG] has high hopes for 2010 as he looks to rebound from a hamstring injury.
    A local talent, Applewhite entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of San Diego State in 2007. Applewhite racked up 5.5 sacks and tied for sixth all-time at SDSU with three fumble recoveries during his senior season.
    After joining the Chargers in 2007, he spent a year on the practice squad and enjoyed his first full NFL season in '08.

Applewhite would like to make an impact at linebacker this year as well as special teams.
    He answered fan questions for Chargers.com this week.

Bill Scott; Sioux City, Iowa
    How did your love for the Lakers develop?
    I grew up in L.A. and followed Kobe for his whole career.

Trevor Torres; San Diego
    What are your goals for this upcoming season?
    First, to make it through the whole season, and second, just to do whatever I can to help my team win the championship.

Osvaldo Mena; Torrance, Calif.
    How does it feel to be one of multiple Harbor City Narbonne Gauchos in the NFL?
    I love it. There are a handful of us in the league and we all try and stay in touch.

Tim H; San Diego
    What do you like to do when you are not playing football?
    I enjoy watching movies, playing video games and just relaxing.

Dorian Carrillo; San Diego
    How big of an impact do you think you can have on this team after suffering your injury last season?
    Whatever the teams needs me to do, I will do it to the best of my ability.

AJ Hofstetter; San Diego
    In the offseason, what is your schedule to keep yourself in condition for football?
    I just work out all day and every day.

Sean Acosta; Moreno Valley, Calif.
    What position on defense do you prefer, and where do you see yourself making the biggest impact next season?
    I prefer any position. Wherever the team needs me, I will go play it. In terms of impact, my biggest impact has been on special teams, so that’s where I’ll start.

Rachel Johnson; San Diego
    Do you have any sort of ritual to prepare yourself for a game?
    I do the same thing every game day. I wake up, go to McDonalds and order two sausage McMuffins with extra cheese, and then I’m ready to go by game time.

Rodrigo Ruiz; San Diego
    What song pumps you up the most before a game?
    I listen to a lot of different music. Anything that is really upbeat, I will listen to it.

Erik Nelson; Cardiff, Calif.
    Do you ever regret coming out of the draft as a junior and being undrafted, compared to staying another year and being drafted higher?
    I don’t regret anything I do. (I don’t regret) Nothing that I have done in my life in the past. All I try to do is put my best foot forward.

2. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    The best of luck, and health to you, Antwan.

I would say, though, that you'd be doing yourself a favor if you left that daily trip to McDonald's off your itinerary! :lol: