1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Football Advice & Questions.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Talk' started by TheLash, Sep 13, 2007.

1. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Hated to start a new thread but couldn't retitle the Glenn one. This one I can pester you for opinions week afer week.:lol:

Marc Bulger vs SF or Rothlisberger vs Buf ?
    I 'm leaning towards Bulger despite the loss of orlando pace cuz I like him.

Dal vs Mia or NYJ vs Bal

I'm thinking Dallas.

Thanks!:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Yeah I'd take Bulger, especially in St. Louis. He won't throw ints., plus he played 6 games last year without Pace, so he's done it before with success.

I'd think that NYJ would be a better play. I know they got killed by th Pats, but that's a good O, plus they were spied on, ha. Odgen is out for week 2, plus McNair is hurt, so either he'll be really limited, or Boller will start. Are they your D and special teams? I like the Jets' returners with Justin Miller and especially Leon Washington, and Coles sometimes.

The Cowboys are hurting, 'cuz their NT Ferguson is out for the season, and Terence Newman looks to be a game-time decision. If he doesn't play, Roy Williams is gonna be torched. Greg Ellis is out too. They got romped on by the Giants, and only won the game 'cuz the G-men's D sucks worse.

Neither D is really that good. I'd pick up Cincy's D if possible, they're decent, but more importantly, they're playin' the Browns.

Hope it helps, I'm no expert, but this is what I would do.

3. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    yep Def & ST choice between Dallas and Jets. thanks for the feedback

• Like Like x 1
  4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    kool,

I think SF's defense may surprise this year,

But I don't think Rothburger will throw many tds.

My tough roster decision this week

Reggie Bush vs. TB

or

Derick Ward (gnats) vs GB. Ward is starting for the gnats

• Like Like x 1
  5. sickswonnyne

Ratings:
    +79
    This is a good question. On 1st thought, I'd always go with the super talented Reggie. But Tampa killed him last year, in 2 games he rushed for 18 yards total! He also got 15 catches, which is pretty good, but for less than 100 yards total, and no TDs overall. He did return a punt for a TD, but I don't think he's the main returner anymore, it's Aaron Stecker and Lance Moore. The Bucs have fast *** LBs with Brooks, Cato June, and Barret Ruud, but they're really light. The Saints are better off pounding McCallister at them, like they did last year.

Ward is the main guy now, and his backup Droughns isn't splitting the carries that much. Green Bay did alright against Philly's rushing last week, but I don't think they are that committed to running.

I'm really iffy on Ward because no one knows much about him, but the matchup seems to go in his favor over Spring Valley's favorite son. Obviously it's your call, so do you go with the better matchup (Ward), or the better talent (Bush)?

6. sickswonnyne

Ratings:
    +79
    I have my own RB question; Only 2 outta 3 can play, LJ vs. Bears, Baby Benson vs. Chiefs, or DeShaun Foster vs. H-Town?

After what Chicago did to LT, I'm probably gonna sit LJ for the other guys, which is insane usually. But he rushed for **** against Hou last week, and the Chief offense is a mess. They'll probably be down, so I'm thinking they're gonna have to pass a lot, so it hurts LJ. But they are supposed to give him more touches, and he is good when he has the chance.

Benson has a great matchup, and Foster, even in a RB by Committee, did ok last week. He's the #1 over DeAngelo W., so he should get a score hopefully.

Anybody with some input?

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I have Benson and

I never liked running back by committee.

FWIW

He's a local kid??

dang, Bush vs. Ward - Both local - No help !! :icon_huh:

8. sickswonnyne

Ratings:
    +79
    No, I meant Ward VERSUS Spring Valley's favorite son, Reggie Bush.

Actually, Ward's from L.A., so he's a SoCal kid, if that's close enough for ya.

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1ZCPv94ATo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-1ZCPv94ATo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    OK guys my wife is worried about her matchup for this week and clearly don't respect my opinion:lol:

Pick 3 WR

Steve Smith(Car) v Jac

Michael Jenkins (Atl) v NO

Sidney Rice (Min) v SF

Muhsin Muhannad(Chi) v Wash

Andre Davis (Hou) v TB

I thought smith, davis, rice:icon_shrug:

11. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    Just wanted to brag that I took 1st in our $ league andd MrsLash took 2nd!:icon_banana:

Cha-Ching!:icon_toast::flag: