1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy offseason review: AFC West

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, May 25, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    Head Coach: Norv Turner (59-83-1 overall record)
    Offensive schedule vs.: Pass -- 6th hardest; Run -- 8th hardest

Philip Rivers might be the player who will benefit the most under Norv Turner.
    The Chargers and Marty Schottenheimer parted ways in the offseason, which opened the door for Norv Turner to take over one of the NFL's best teams. His presence will no doubt have a positive impact on the development of Philip Rivers, who should now be considered a low-end No. 1 fantasy quarterback. There has been some talk that Michael Turner will shoulder more of the backfield load and put a dent into LaDainian Tomlinson's carries, but it won't be enough to keep L.T. from being the No. 1 overall choice in almost all drafts.

CHARGERS TOP FIVE FANTASY PLAYERS

LaDainian Tomlinson
    Antonio Gates
    Philip Rivers
    Vincent Jackson
    Chargers defense
    The release of Keenan McCardell means that Vincent Jackson will become the top wide receiver in the pass attack, and that makes him a terrific sleeper candidate. He'll start with Eric Parker while Malcolm Floyd, Kassim Osgood and Craig Davis will compete for the third, fourth and fifth spots on the depth chart. Davis has impressed his coaches in offseason workouts and has an outside chance to start ahead of Parker, but at this time his draft stock is minimal at best.

The Chargers did lose LB Donnie Edwards (Chiefs) as a free agent, but the presence of All-Pro LB Shawne Merriman, sack master LB Shaun Phillips, DT Luis Castillo and rookies such as SS Eric Weddle and LB Anthony Waters will keep the Bolts in the top five among fantasy defenses.

Full Article

• Like Like x 1
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I did well last year with Rivers, Gates, Jackson and a couple other bolts on my fantasy team. Unfortunately, Jackson and Floyd aren't sleepers in my league any more.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    5/22/2007 6:01:00 PM et

The Chargers are using fifth-round pick Legedu Naanee as an "F-back."

It's a hybrid between H-back and tight end. "They’ve got me doing a lot of the same things they’re having Antonio Gates do," Naanee said. "I’m in the slot and moving around." The Boise State product has terrific size and speed.

5/21/2007 7:53:00 PM et

Chargers president Dean Spanos says first-round receiver Craig Davis has "really" stuck out so far at the team's organized offseason activities.

"I was really impressed with Craig Davis, his size and his speed," Spanos said. "It looks like he could be an exciting player for a long time." Davis and incumbent Eric Parker are likely battling to start opposite Vincent Jackson.

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/clubhouse.asp?sport=NFL&majteam=SD

4. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I inadvertantly ended up w/ Rivers as my FF QB last year and he did pretty well for me