1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Super Bowl Moments

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...My absolute favorite Super Bowl moment was in Super Bowl #10 when Jack Lambert stood up for his kicker Roy Gerela (sp?). The Steelers were trailing the arrogant and mouthy Cowboys 10-7 in the 3rd quarter and after Roy missed a tying field goal, Dallas S Cliff Harris starting rubbing Roy's helmet, patting him on the back, really taunting him and laughing at him. Lambert grabbed Harris and flung him to the ground like a ragdoll. Harris started crying to the refs like the little cowgirl that he was and if I remember correctly, there was no foul called. It was priceless. I hated the Cowboys and still do, as well as the Raiders obviously. Those Steelers took out the Raiders in the AFC Championship and followed with beating the Cowturds. I always appreciated the anguish the Steelers caused both of those hated teams!!

2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Mine's not an actual moment, just an entire game. Watching the Raiders get smashed by the Bucs was the most fun I could have without the Chargers being there. :yes:

Last year's Super Bowl was the worst. Either ECry gets to win, or the Pats go 19-0 and we never hear the end of it. ARGH! :no:

3. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I too enjoyed the Turds getting lambasted by the Bucs. Last year, I was pulling for Sheli's team. I couldn't tolerate the Pats going 19-0.

4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Adam Vinitieri's three SB game winning field goals..2001, 2003, 2004.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Hmmm... it's so hard to decide...

Do I choose Stan Humphries shredding the Niners D for 275 yards?

OR

Rookie Andre Coleman becoming just the third player in NFL history to return a kickoff for a TD?

Choices. :lol:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    The last pass to Dyson Rams v Titans
    I gotta admit the pass to Tyree last year was awesome as was the first Vinaterri kick, you know before we realized what @$$holes the Patriots were
    Coleman's kick return

7. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I don't have one.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    My favorite SB game hasn't happened yet. As soon as our Bolt's hoist the Lombardi, that will be my favorite.:bolt: :tup: :icon_toast:

9. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Amen to that...however, for the sake of discussion, mine is John Riggins' 4th quarter touchdown against the Dolphins in SB XVII. 4th and inches on the 43, down 17-13, hits the gap, shrugs off Don McNeal, and rumble on down the sidelines untouched.

Dad was a big Skins fan and he about blew through the ceiling on that one. :yes: