1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Super Bowl Moments

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...My absolute favorite Super Bowl moment was in Super Bowl #10 when Jack Lambert stood up for his kicker Roy Gerela (sp?). The Steelers were trailing the arrogant and mouthy Cowboys 10-7 in the 3rd quarter and after Roy missed a tying field goal, Dallas S Cliff Harris starting rubbing Roy's helmet, patting him on the back, really taunting him and laughing at him. Lambert grabbed Harris and flung him to the ground like a ragdoll. Harris started crying to the refs like the little cowgirl that he was and if I remember correctly, there was no foul called. It was priceless. I hated the Cowboys and still do, as well as the Raiders obviously. Those Steelers took out the Raiders in the AFC Championship and followed with beating the Cowturds. I always appreciated the anguish the Steelers caused both of those hated teams!!

2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,226
    Mine's not an actual moment, just an entire game. Watching the Raiders get smashed by the Bucs was the most fun I could have without the Chargers being there. :yes:

Last year's Super Bowl was the worst. Either ECry gets to win, or the Pats go 19-0 and we never hear the end of it. ARGH! :no:

3. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I too enjoyed the Turds getting lambasted by the Bucs. Last year, I was pulling for Sheli's team. I couldn't tolerate the Pats going 19-0.

4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Adam Vinitieri's three SB game winning field goals..2001, 2003, 2004.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Hmmm... it's so hard to decide...

Do I choose Stan Humphries shredding the Niners D for 275 yards?

OR

Rookie Andre Coleman becoming just the third player in NFL history to return a kickoff for a TD?

Choices. :lol:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,044
    The last pass to Dyson Rams v Titans
    I gotta admit the pass to Tyree last year was awesome as was the first Vinaterri kick, you know before we realized what @$$holes the Patriots were
    Coleman's kick return

7. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I don't have one.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,961
    My favorite SB game hasn't happened yet. As soon as our Bolt's hoist the Lombardi, that will be my favorite.:bolt: :tup: :icon_toast:

9. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC F U D NO

Ratings:
    +351
    Amen to that...however, for the sake of discussion, mine is John Riggins' 4th quarter touchdown against the Dolphins in SB XVII. 4th and inches on the 43, down 17-13, hits the gap, shrugs off Don McNeal, and rumble on down the sidelines untouched.

Dad was a big Skins fan and he about blew through the ceiling on that one. :yes: