1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favre heads to Green Bay as NFL announces reinstatement

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3517219

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  3. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Does this mean the Favre Saga is OVER?

We wont see his face on TV every 5 seconds?

We dont have to hear his whiny voice imploring the Pack to take him back?

Thank God for small favors.:yes:

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Are you kidding?

It will be a media frenzy tomorrow when he reports to camp. ESPN already said today they will be there waiting for him to show up.

Once he gets there, he'll have a physical, and will actually practice on Tuesday. Expect to see a lot of Favre on both days. And if he gets traded/released either of those days...yeesh...there will be more coverage of that than there will be of the olympics.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Purple & white before opening day. :yes:

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    "The league office was closed for business Sunday"

...And why the fuq do they get Sundays off?

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Bret Favre. Real life troll.

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The NFL canceled tonight's HOF game. Instead we'll get 3 hours of Favre-opalooza. :D :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That'd cause a riot throughout the land :yes:

10. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I hope he ends up a Viking, just because I want to bug my mother-in-law about it. She's a huge Packer fan.

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Half of six Packer #4 Favre Jerseys failed to sell at a Milwaukee charity auction yesterday. Seems some cheese heads have gotten a tad miffed at Brett.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Successful troll is successful.

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I don't know if packer fans and manegment are just stupid or totally stupid. Favre is very probably the only one that can get them to the super bowl with the team they have now. Aaron (glass) rodgers isn't gonna get them there.

At least this favre thing takes the pats cheating to win those super bowls out of the limelight right now.

14. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    turer words have never been spoken ooppsss i mean typed lol
    id rep u but have to spread some around ill rep u back later :tup:

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Brett Favre will be the starting QB in Green Bay week 1... and this will all seem like a distant memory.

Chico is going to go apeshiiit when Aaron Rodgers is relegated to clipboard status once again.

16. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    That's what I've said all along.

If Favre suits up in a Packer uni, he's the season opener starter.

No way is Green Bay going to be stupid enough to pay him $12 million to ride the bench. All that money, they're going to work his arm until it falls off.

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Not only that, but there's no fuccking way they can make an impartial, 100% unbiased evaluation b/t he and Rodgers. Aaron might as well grab his golf visor and clipboard tonight. Those will be the things (besides his pud) that he holds most often this coming season.

Whatever... I'm ready for some football!!! :icon_party::icon_party:

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I agree with you but what have we seen of Rogers to say if he'll be successful or not?

19. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Link

Oh My Gad, Barb! That’s Brett’s Plane!

[​IMG]

Look, Barb! Look! That’s Brett’s plane! Oh my Gaaad! Look at that! It’s a Cessna! That’s one of those fancy planes, don’t ya know? I bet he knows how to fly it. Kinda like the Red Baaaron, ya know?

Hi, Brett! Hi! We love you! Barb made her famous saaassage pat pie for ya! And a peanut butter oreo cheese melt! Welcome back!

Barb, this has to be one of the best days of my life. Remember when we baaat that couch that reclined at both ends? Or that one time we went to TGI Friday’s? This is way better than that. Listen Barb, I know it’s only seven PM, and we ate our early evening dinner aaat our usual five pm, but you think maybe we could bump our mid-evening dinner to right around now? Seeing Brett coming out of thaaat plane makes me hungry… for a chaaampionship! Can you whip up one of your famous kielbaasa milkshakes for me? Don’t skimp on the frasting, ya know!

No wait. This is a special occasion. I think we need to break out the good Dixie china and have ourselves a special kind of dinner, Barb. That’s right. It’s time for you to cook up your famous gorgonzola-stuffed pig steakloaf. Ya know? The one with the whole pig stuffed with a whole calf stuffed with a prime rib stuffed with meat loaf stuffed with a pork chap? I bet that’s the kinda thing they serve over in Paris, ya know?

Oh my Gad! There’s Brett’s car! Right on the tarmaaac! Look at all the caps surrounding him! I think Brett could be President because so many people care about him!

(starts crying)

Gad, this is just such a great moment. I’m so glad our twelve fat children are here to see this, and to help stir the beer cheese soup! Keep stirrin’, kids! Brett needs our support, ya know? Barb, pass me a piece of that Tombstone pizza sandwich we made, where we put a whole ham steak between two Tombstone pizzas! That’s haaat cuisine!

I’ve never felt so proud to be a Paaacker faan. I hope my daughters all grow up to marry you, Brett! They make a mean Dorito pie!

20. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Johnny Unitas Returns from the Dead, Wishes to Resume NFL Career!!!

http://www.smthop.com/comments.asp?NewsNum=1099&comment=true

San Diego, California - Longtime NFL quarterback Johnny Unitas has recently risen from the dead and seeks to continue his NFL career.

Unitas, who has been dead since 2002, was the quarterback of the Baltimore Colts from 1956 through 1972 and ended his career with a brief stint with the San Diego Chargers in 1973. He is widely considered one of the greatest players in this history of professional football.

The San Diego Chargers still retain rights to Unitas for the next two years at a rate of $600 a year.

"Despite being dead for nearly six years, I still feel like I can not only play but start in this league," said Zombie Unitas at a press conference earlier today.

The Chargers are currently quarterbacked by Philip Rivers, a young but improving quarterback coming off a solid 2007 season. Zombie Unitas has expressed his desire to start for the team and the Chargers seem unlikely to demote Rivers to accommodate an unproven zombie.

"Can a zombie really lead a team?" questioned Charger's head coach Norv Turner. "Personally I'm more than a little worried that he'll turn on us and start eating our brains."

Despite Zombie Unitas's assurances that he would not eat their brains, it seems unlikely that Zombie Unitas will play another down for the Chargers. The team is currently speaking with a number of interested teams about trade possibilities. It is rumored they are seeking either a second round draft pick and a non-zombie player in return.

The Baltimore Ravens seem like they might be the most likely destination, as they are currently questionable at quarterback and it is the city Unitas spent the majority of his professional career in. In addition, Baltimore is known as one of the most zombie friendly cities in America, behind only New Orleans, Louisiana, and Detroit Michigan.

Charger's General Manager A.J. Smith hopes to have the situation with Zombie Unitas resolved by the middle of next week. If no trade can be reached, it is possible they will release Zombie Unitas, enabling him to sign with whichever team he chooses.

If Zombie Unitas does play, he will be the first zombie player in NFL history. It was rumored for many years that first-round bust Ryan Leaf might be a zombie, but it turned out that he was just really, really bad. Ironically Leaf also played for the Chargers.

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

• Like Like x 3
  21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Now I've heard it all!!!

Green Bay Packers Hire Ari Fleischer to Spin Brett Favre Mess

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/03/green-bay-packers-hire-ari-fleischer-to-spin-brett-favre-mess/

The Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre have made such a mess of this off-season -- with the Packers alienating the most popular player in team history Favre tarnishing his legacy by waffling about retirement -- that they're now entering the season engaged in a PR battle.

Girding for that battle, the Packers have brought on a hired gun: Former White House spokesman Ari Fleischer. For the next month -- the duration of training camp and the preseason-- Fleischer will serve as a PR consultant for the Packers.

Fleischer now runs Ari Fleischer Sports Communications, whose motto is, "Ari Fleischer Sports Communications can help you handle the bad news and take advantage of the good." That's something the Packers need to do right about now.

22. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

23. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
    classic

24. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I can't believe they are going to let him show up at camp over just releasing him.

This will destroy their team. No matter how good Favre is, if he ends up starting for them, the team will be so messed up from the mess they'll finish 8-8 or 9-7. Not to mention even next year.

25. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Considering how "well" Rodgers performed at yesterday's scrimmage, they might end up giving Favre the starting job outright. :lol:

Aaron, while often being booed by Packer faithful, went 7 of 20, 84 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT.

:icon_eek:

26. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    It's just TC. What's more important to me is that he's getting booed at CAMP. As much as I like LT, I am so glad there isn't a personality cult around him here in SD like there is around Favre in Wisconsin. See what happens when you start to think one player IS the team? Or one player is more important than the team?

You get a great big pile of crap when that player decides to exercise the power he has. Favre has screwed the Packers for the next 2-3 years at least.

• Like Like x 1
  27. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Does anyone know what shoe Brett Favre put on first today?

28. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I think most of that booing was in response to Aaron Rodger's Sports Illustrated article interview last month where he said specificially:

"I don't feel I need to sell myself to fans. They need to get on board now, or keep their mouth's shut."

:icon_eek:

29. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    On his left foot...right after he took it out of his mouth.

30. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    During his first practice, Favre should run out to midfield and take a huge dump right on the 50. Just to let them know he means business.