1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favre offered money by Packers to stay away

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EsDee_in_RI, Jul 31, 2008.

1. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133

So much for standing their ground...The packers are in a corner I feel. If Rogers messes up you can bet your a** fans will be calling out for Favre.:lol:

2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...The Pack offered Favre 20 mil over 10 years to stay away. Since he still has a 40 mil contract over three years remaining, Green Bay IS backed into a corner. Favre basically holds the cards and may even force them to agree to a trade within their own division. He may wind up in Viking Purple whether the Packers like it or not because I think that's the only destination Favre would agree to in a trade.

3. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17
    This is getting ridiculous. I used to like Favre until he pulled that fake fall down sack to get his buddy Strahan the sack record. He really went down a notch in my book for that one. If I was one of his lineman there i'd kick his *** for that. But everybody gets one mistake I feel. But now this whole act he's doing here is a disgrace. If his whole plan all along is the stick up the franchise whose fans live and die for football and have idolized him his whole career, so that he can go to the Vikings, then he's a disgrace. THE VIKINGS! UNREAL! Imagine Fouts doing the same to try and go to the Raiders. I mean if he really messed up by retiring, and really still wants to play, then go play for whoever the Packers trade you too. Dont force them to trade in the division. Thats being and out and out traitor.

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Very well put Yngwie. I'm flat out geting TIRED of this Farve (correct spelling) nonsense. WHO FREAKIN CARES????? Is NFL news that slow? I honestly don't care what the dude does. Brett, just stay retired so we can focus on real NFL news!!!

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I fail to see how Favre has them backed into a corner. They own his rights. They don't have to trade him to anyone. Favre is phucked.

6. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    what a nightmare... I found it interesting that the reports said the players on the team were in support Rogers... that makes the decision by Thompson a no-brainer to me...

if I'm Thompson, I tell Farve to KMA/SMD and risk his HOF rep... :icon_rofl:

7. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I will laugh so hard if he ends up with the Vikings anyway.

Where's that shopped pick of Favre in a Minnesota uni?

8. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    JUST GO AWAY BRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Here you go,

[​IMG]

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    If I was the Head Coach, I would hand him the Clip Board right now, and tell him to get used to it! That way by mid season he is real comfortable!

And then tell him I want everything charted! Offense and Defense!

11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Oh I dunno. I think that "support" for Rodgers was more PC than actual unabashed support.

Quite a few players on the team were asked who they thought would give them the best chance at a Super Bowl, Rodgers or Favre?

They were noncommittal and tried to side-step the question.

That doesn't scream out lavish support for Rodgers over Favre to me.

If they truly, 100% without a doubt were behind Rodgers instead of Favre, for other reasons than being politically correct, they would have said:

"This team has a better shot of reaching the Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers and not Brett Favre."

Blam! That would have done it.

12. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    There, fixed it for you. :tup:

Attached Files:

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the only problem with that is when arron (glass) rodgers gets hurt what do you think the packer fans will be screaming. Or if aaron (interception leader) rodgers starts loosing games. I really don't understand why the stupid packers don't want him back other than they'll owe him 12 million which will probably wreck their salary cap.

Hint to packers. JUst trade him for a third rounder. If you don't want him get something for him.

14. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    :icon_wink:

Actually Fouts did do something kind of like that:

Whoa, Minnesota? Is it just me or is there an eerie similarity here?

15. EsDee_in_RI

Ratings:
    +133
    I guess the only reason why Favre has the advantage is because he can mess that team up...If Rogers sucks fans will turn against him. If he shows up to camp he can throw off the momentum and start a real QB controversy. Would you start an un proven 3rd year QB over a future HOF'er? I sure wouldn't, if i wanted to win, which i would.

16. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    If he gets reinstated (I'm sure he will), then the Pack is contractually obligated to pay him those huge contract numbers, hurting their cap big time. Either they do that, or they release him. If they release him, he'll almost surely go to Minnesota, maybe even Chicago (their QB sucks too). Either way, divisional rivals. They can't seem to muster up a whole lot of interest for a trade either.

Basically, the Pack loses any way you look at it.

I used to like Brett a lot. My uncle-in-law is from Wisconsin, so I've grown to like Brett over the years. I've always respected him, that's for sure. Unfortunately, those feelings have changed in the past month or so. I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one.

I watched a top 10 show on NFLN yesterday. Top 10 players not in the HOF. They were keeping out superstars for some really superficial, lame reasons. Mostly just reputation. I have a feeling that Favre's HOF selection is already in jeopardy.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Purple and white by opening day. :yes:

18. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    The Packer organization most definitely is backed into a corner, because there's no way in hell that he's going to play for them this season. Being a backup would never work, and if you reinstate him as the starter, you don't get the chance to see if Aaron Rodgers is the next franchise QB.

The Pack has two choices: release Brett or trade him. He has the organization by the short hairs, not the other way around.

19. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I'm not buying that stuff. I know I can't remember much of the 70s, but.............

I'm throwing a bullshiit flag here

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

20. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

could they put him on some inactive list??

:icon_shrug:

21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Let him come in, hand him a clip board tell him to go sit in a corner, and tell him we want everything charted.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

True. If carrying on where Bret left off isn't enough stress... GEEZE!!! :icon_eek:

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The Pack doesn't need this. They almost have to trade him and to do it with someone in the AFC. There are teams out there with veteran QB's who are big question marks and would love the insurance.

24. EsDee_in_RI

Ratings:
    +133
    The dolphins, bucs, vikings....

25. EsDee_in_RI

Ratings:
    +133
    Poor Rogers....he does have tons of pressure. :unsure:

26. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Favre would obviously be only willing to play for the Vikes as has already been mentioned quite often. They already have a great defense, good OL, and a good RB with decent WR. They only need a QB who is better than the two main guys they have now.

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Or maybe the Bears. But my money is still on the purple & white. :yes:

BTW - does anyone else think that this "marketing deal" could set a really ugly precedent for future negotiations? Seems to me that this needs to be looked at hard by the league to avoid more of these dramas. :tdown: