1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

FBGP's 2016 NFL Midseason Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by EmDiggy, Nov 4, 2015.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
  2. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +241
    Tyler Boyd at 5? That pick is so bad, knowing the Chargers it's probably right. Give me Tunsil in that spot

3. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +301
    I agree.

This is not a particularly strong draft class overall to begin with and it is weaker than previous years at WR in particular.

Moreover, Boyd is not the #1 rated WR. Treadwell is in every source that I have examined.

I looked at three big boards and only one even had Boyd as first round value--at #29. I did see one mock draft other than this one that had Boyd going as high as #20, but that was the high water mark.

With a DUI arrest in June of this year, I suspect that Boyd will be dropped even further by some teams that give weight to those sorts of character issues. Know any teams like that? :)

As we have discussed before, I agree that an OT pick represents value with either Tunsil or Stanley (though I prefer Stanley), but I hope that we can somehow find a defensive player that makes sense for us in the first round because our defense is killing us even worse than OL is.

WR, like seemingly almost every other position, is a need, but it is several steps down in terms of priority in my view.

4. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +241
    I agree. I don't have WR as a critical need right now. Not to mention there's not one that warrants a top five pick and definitely not Boyd. In a perfect world, one where our lines weren't so pitiful, I'd love to get Jaylon Smith from Notre Dame and pair him with Perryman and waive goodbye to Butler and Teo. I like Darron Lee a lot too, but we have bigger needs

I bet we would both love to see, and heaven forbid, a trade back. I'd love to get Andrew Billings from Baylor and to a lesser degree Adolphus Washington from Ohio State at the middle to back of the first and acquire some additional picks. Knowing this regime, that's very wishful thinking though.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +301
    Yes, we need to trade back badly and secure an extra second round pick.

I might be a little more ambitious than you appear to be as I think we can trade back to the early middle of the first round, get a second rounder and land DeForest Buckner (now up to 7.0 sacks this year in addition to being long and stout). I think Buckner has more play making ability than most potential 3-4 DEs. (I see 3-4 DE as our single greatest need.)

I want to see what Jaylon Smith does at the Combine, but if his numbers are plus numbers for the NFL (i.e., the anti-Te'o), then he would fit perfectly with the stout Perryman. That would be our new Edwards/Godfrey combination that we have been missing ever since we had both of those players that used to be so effective for us.

And yes, regarding our regime, I think the words "total lack of vision and effective strategy" do apply. With another year or two of this, Telesco might reach "near Matt Millen territory"...and that isn't easy to do. (Actual Matt Millen territory is virtually impossible to achieve.)

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    If it's WR then Treadwell is our guy. Expect that true blue chippers in this draft won't become Chargers. So no Bosa, Nkemdiche, Stanley, Tunsil, Hargreaves and many others.

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Why? Because cynicism is definitive proof?

At this juncture the Chargers have the #2 pick in the draft. If they wanted one of those 5 they can choose from at least 4.