1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Feel Bad for Rivers and Gates

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JohnnyX, Feb 7, 2011.

1. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I feel bad for these guys. They're veterans who won't win anything with Norv and AJ here. You see QB's winning all around Rivers. Yet we can't even make the playoffs. I hope someday Rivers and Gates win a Super Bowl. But as long as Norv and Aj are here that won't happen. At least we'll have the most AFC West Champs ever. That's a good thing right?

2. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Last time I checked winning the AFC West gets us to the post season and a chance to win the Super Bowl. Not winning the AFC West really makes it harder.

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Yawn.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well there you have it. Johnny has spoken, there is no reason to follow the Chargers any longer because he has ruined the ending of this movie...

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I wonder if River's and Gate's are sitting at home feeling bad for Johnny, NAHHHHH.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
  7. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I'm so sick and tired of this chatter about AJ and Norv. These guys aren't going anywhere so please find some sort of meeting to go to. Both of those guys know what they are doing and will continue to make this team compete for a championship. Gates and Rivers both have faith and confidence in Norv and AJ.

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Johnny is right, I can't remember the last time the Chargers made the playoffs let alone the AFCCG

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Sounds like you're calling Gates & Rivers idiots for signing long term deals with the team. Are you sure you want to go that route?

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    dude I was out getting some popcorn and beer, for real

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well...

He may be right, what date is the world supposed to end this year or next?

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    That would be 2012, if you believe that kind of stuff.

13. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    well let me know, I am going to max out my credit card's in Vegas before it happens.

14. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I feel bad for you, man. You must be one miserable dude as a Charger fan. Maybe you should try following a different team. Sounds like you might be happier.

15. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    [​IMG]

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    If he waits until after every Super Bowl to declare.... he could always back the winner! :lol:

17. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    GO CHEESEHEADS. :)

18. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    This.

You kno Jonny Marty worked for other teams before the Chargers. Heck alot of his best coaches to be tutelaged under him in KC. Like Mike McCarthy.

19. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    A lot of Norv Homers in here. Guess AFC West champs is the goal around these parks. Sad

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sad? It is sad to support the coach of your team who has a winning record with the team? The coach who has taken the team to a point only what 3 coaches have before in the franchise? Do you think that Rivers and the rest of the offense, who have been a top 10 unit for the last 4 years goes out and does it all on their own? When the team does well, you credit everyone but Norv, when they do poorly, you only fault Norv.

What is sad is that fans like you ignore the facts in your hate of an individual. You in your current argument chide 'Norv homers' as wanting AFC West Championships. Now i know your young, but you might want to consider the fact that those same championships give us the best chance to compete for a Super Bowl. But I know, in your Norv hate, you cant look that far ahead... That young man, is what is sad.

Norv with the Chargers has a 41/23 record. Yet you continue to claim he has a terrible record and pine because he is here. That is your right, be miserable. But at least try and let facts color your jaded opinion.

Norv is not perfect, but he is doing a damn good job for the Chargers, better than I thought he would when we hired him. That is if you are honest enough with yourself to open your eyes and look at the whole picture.

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    as much as I hate Norv, who would you put in his place?

22. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I'm going the route of jumping on Johnny's bandwagon here....However, we have taken a step back every year under Norv. Regardless of his record with the team.

2007-won 2 playoff games
    2008-won 1 playoff game
    2009-we were ousted in the second round but our first game so 0 playoff wins
    2010-we didn't make the playoffs
    2011-?? Sub .500 record? We shall wait and see....:(

23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :lol: welcome to the off season :lol:

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    which just might turn into the "Last" season

26. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    No, what's SAD is the way you're calling Gates & Rivers IDIOTS for staying with this team. No one is pimping Norv in this thread.

27. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    WELL PUT Conc.

I as a *as conc put it, but is true* young Charger fan honestly still dont like Norv. He has done well, tho you can throw the agruments that he inherited a SB team and the gradual decline year after year to the overall record. But OUR players PR Gatesy all say they FIRMLY beleive in what Norv is doing and has been doing since 2008. Well probably since he was signed, much to mine any manys fabs chagrin.

I can dislike our coach all I want. It doesnt mean that I would rank him below top 25 HCs active in duty. not that 25 is great *hypatheticaly* but even as a not top 15 HC the team is still stacked with potential and always new blood that either sticks around long enuff to be useful for a 3rd or lower pick or a starter. Also so long as AJ is the one providing the talent or the CBDs, I cant imagine faulting Norv for anything before first faulting AJ and Dean for his hire.

MY Fantasy Scenario for this beginning SD Off Season: Norv Turner Fired, Ron Rivera promoted to HC, Norv or another SKILLED Yes man hired as OC, im cool with AJs pickup for ST coach I wont bother to remember who it is now since he has a JOB to do.

EDIT:
    I forgot I never made the point that I hated Norv upon his hiring news, but I have now progressed to just dislike. Not bad considering the majority of other team fans I know dont even know half of their 53 man roster, let alone are aware of who their coaching staff is beyond the HC. So I think I will try to do what they seem to do and just be less aware of what goes on in every facet of a NFL team. After all im just a Super Crazy Fannatical N F L fan that happens to call the Chargers BASE. So I should jus do what a avg NFL fan does and just love the team and the game. Tommorows game is not promised. *CBA or no*