1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

feelings about home opener...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    With the game coming up I was wondering if the people going were still fired up about it or apprehensive do to the loss at kc. Personally I have been less enthusiastic about this season after the end of last and the way things went in the offseason.

I am not being a pessimist...just cautiously optimistic, I can honestly say though that I probably am not as fired up about going to the game as I would have been if they had won the last game.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    After watching the progression of the last three seasons I don't see how anyone can give up on the season after one game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Nothing was said about giving up on the season in this thread... don't know why that would be relevant.

I am a little less excited about the game on Sunday. I am going to each of the next 3 games and have been very pumped for months. The initial loss has deflated my balloon a little, but as long as we go 4-2 for the first 6 games my spirits will return to original highs.

However, I still know I'll have a tough time sleeping Saturday and drink that 9am beer with just as much vigor.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Its the HOME OPENER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have Football at the Q again!

Its time to drink beer in the parking lot and give the other teams fans a ration of crap! Lets fire up the Barbeque and lets get this party started!!!!!!!!

Hell yes I am fired up about this game!

We need to loud and proud!

And if the boo birds need to come out early to voice some displeasure, then so be it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Thanks for the clarification Skuzzle, nowhere near did i say anything about giving up on the season and yes that "eight" a.m. beer is gonna go down smooth. I look forward to a great day of tailgating and enjoying friends company that I only see on gamedays! I was only curious about if the high expectaions had been dulled down a little as they admittedly are for me becuase of the loss and offseason drama. I never said I was jumping ship or that I would be booing...I never do! I went throught the 1-15 season and never once booed but cheered as loud as possible on defense...quiet as I could on offense....maybe you guys could get some of the less informed or bandwagoners on the same page for being quiet when the offense is on the field....i won't be doing that anymore since it is unappreciated in my section nowadays.

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Exactly. In this division you never give up hope until week 17.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I'm as fired up as I'm going to get. I can take the NFL or leave it. I hope they do well, but have no grand expectations. 45 years of being a Bolt fan will kinda takes the edge off. I have my doubts we make it to the SB but hope we go. And my excitement is lower given that there is the strong possibility there will be no football next year.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Goddamn....you are OLD. I mean really really old.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:lol:

but I remember SD when it was paradise. And, we had some kick *** teams. :yes:

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I still feeling pretty MEH after Monday.

11. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm not calling it a fluke, so I have my doubts that THIS team will be all that great after taking it on the chin from the Chiefs. That said, the team is still a top ten group and will deliver many more wins than losses for us fans this season. I highly doubt they'll make it far in the Playoffs - just calling it how I see it. I hope they prove me wrong.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Wish I was there period.

13. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    That's what I'm saying.

14. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :yes:

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Feelings? Did someone say "Feelings"?

NO ONE does it better than The Hoff!

Enjoy

(And yes, this was posted by special request from RTL) :lol:

16. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Feelings....

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Air Coryell

we never had a reason to want him fired after ANY loss.

18. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    that just means more Carne Asada for us

19. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Its a bit of a slippery banana skin, like last week. But im confident we wont slip on it this week if you know what I mean.

20. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    It doesn't matter. Every time the Chargers play, whatever their record I still get butterflies
    and nerves, with all Chargers game. I really care about this team. I'm always on pins and needles until the final gun.
    I can't wait because I want to see this team redeem itself, after Mondays loss.

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This story puts Home Openers in perspective for at least this 6 year old kid ..............

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 18, 2010 Last modified: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:36 AM EDT

Stadium heart attack victim a 'good father'

BY JULIET PENNINGTON FOR THE SUN CHRONICLE

FOXBORO - Jeffrey Chartier, the 40-year-old Chicopee man who suffered an apparent fatal heart attack at Gillette Stadium Sunday after what one eyewitness described as a heated argument with a stadium event staffer, was a "nice man" and a "very good father," his longtime landlady said.

Maria Conchinha, owner of the multi-family home on School Street in Chicopee where Chartier lived with his wife, Kimberly, and their children, Amber, 8, and Tedy, 6, said she was "so, so sad" to learn of his death.

She had been Chartier's landlady for 18 years. "It was a surprise for everybody in the neighborhood," she said.

"They were a good family and very good tenants. They always paid on time."

Chartier's funeral is scheduled for Friday.

Chartier, who worked at OK Baker Supply in Springfield, attended the New England Patriots season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals with his 6-year-old son.

Shortly before the start of the game, Chartier's son was invited by NFL officials onto the field to get pictures and run on the sidelines.

Dwayne Hunter, 27, a military police officer from New Brunswick, Canada, said he witnessed Chartier arguing with a stadium employee who challenged his son's right to be on the field.

Hunter said that even though Chartier told him NFL officials had invited his son down from the stands, the stadium staffer continued "giving him a hard time."

Hunter said that once the boy was lifted back into the stands, he started crying as he walked with his father to their seats.

Chartier's quarrel with the staffer continued, Hunter said.

"He was saying, 'He's 6 years old. How can you make him cry on opening day when he just had one of the most exciting experiences of his life?'"

Hunter said that when Chartier returned to his seat near the south end zone close to the field, he "keeled over."

When paramedics arrived, they moved Chartier onto the field, where a defibrillator was used to try to resuscitate him.

He was taken by Fallon Ambulance to Norwood Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Fire personnel took the boy to the town's public safety building, where Fire Chief Roger Hatfield said firefighters let him sit on the truck, play with the hoses, and kept him entertained until they received word that his mother and sister had arrived at Norwood Hospital.

Local police officers brought him to Norwood to be with his family.

Hunter said he spoke with a security supervisor, who said the staffer who was quarreling with Chartier would "not have a job here tomorrow."

Patriots' spokesman Stacey James said that nobody was fired as a result of anything that happened on Sunday.

22. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I agree with you. Also I just don't see this team being better than the 2006, 2007 or 2009 teams. Hell...Even the 2008 team.

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm just praying for no rain so we have footing in this game. That will tell us better where were at.

24. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Already rain in the forecast for next week in Seattle, so hope we learned how to play in it...

25. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I feel the game couldnt start soon enuff.

26. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    You're making me tear up, dude. Growing up in Del Mar when it was middle/upper-middle class. Just ranches and brush east of I-5. Cardiff and Leucadia were surf ghettos, dotted with green houses and migrant workers. You could still regularly happen into an uncrowded day at Swamis. A normal hard working guy good afford living a few minutes from some good surf. It was paradise... wasn't it. *sigh*