1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Field Level Obstructed View

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by skayatl, Aug 30, 2011.

1. skayatl

skayatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tickets in Section F36, Row 5. I know it says that seats in Row 1-8 down on the Field level are considered obstructed views because of how close they are to the field and that you can't see over players and sideline personnel. In all reality, how bad is it? Am I really going to be struggling to see what is going on in the game?

2. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Those are great loud tickets, but u will have to stand the whole game and will be confused as to what is going on due to bad angle, players blocking view. I've owned whole section like those and enjoyed them. Especially if they are on the Chargers home side :)

3. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I'm not a fan of those tickets, but then again I'm not a big fan of field in general. I just don't get the perspective on the game that I get from lower view. However, for one game a season I do like to mix it up and being that close to the action is fun. Everyone has a different opinion and for one game I'm sure you'll be fine, just wouldn't buy season tickets there.

Which game are you going to?

Welcome.

4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +498
    Just don't do it with any kind of hangover. Besides that, should be ok. Bonus:cheerleaders practically in your lap.

5. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    You'll pretty much be watching the jumbo tron the whole game.. I did it a couple years ago and would never do it again. Mind you, I am weird because I prefer Loge, lower view to MOST plaza... The upper rows of plaza are good, but I like to be up higher so I can really see the field and plays developing.

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Like most Field level tickets, you'll be standing a majority of the game..

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Give me Lodge level any day

8. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Loge is best if you could get sideline tickets without paying club pricing, but since I can't, I love me some lower view (home side in the shade).

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I was in the West endzone for 9 years, loved my seats. I hate sideline seats because you can't see the holes in the line opening, while you can from the end zone

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,152
    I like my lower field 38 seats in row 8, don't mind standing, and I am close enough to the bench that I can hear the coaches cussing out players. It's where all of the crazies and rabid Chargers fans can be found, including myself.

11. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    Love my new field seats. 20 yard line row 16.... BOOM! (please don't move Chargers!)

12. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +473
    I'm in F39, Row 14. Great seats, I can see over the sidelines fine, yet I;m so close to the players and the sidelines that they can hear everything I say to them haha!

13. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +905
    I guess it's all up to what you like in the gameday experience.

I sat first row in Phoenix last weekend, and it reminded me how much I dislike those seats. Awesome when stuff is happening on your end, terrible when it's happening on the other side. Most of the time I can't tell how many yards were gained on a play, have to watch the Jumbotron too much of the game. But if you are about being close to the sights and sounds of the sideline, you will be happy. I echo the sentiments of those statements above about preferring the end zone view and being up a bit. I have Lower View, first row in the end zone and they are awesome. That being said, I would LOVE to have end zone in the Press Level, but nobody ever gives up those seats.

14. impgard

impgard BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    I think you'll have a difficult time seeing over the heads of the players and coaches. So the view of the game will suck. Now, if you are in those obstructed view seats around the 10 yard line, you'll have an excellent view of the Charger Girls, but Section 36 the view might be pretty bad for everything.

15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,152
    I also have a pair of seats in F39, row 14, and one of our guys from Bolt Bunker bought the seats from me for the regular season. I can see over the heads of the players, and have called out to a few of them back in the day. I've gotten nods from guys like Eric Parker and Donnie Edwards, and the defensive line guys have acknowledged my comments from where I am at.

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Plaza 26 here, right above the tunnel. Good seats. That cannon is LOUD.

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I have View 22 and I love those seats. I used to sit in Field 38 row 20. Field level knows how to party but when the action was at the other end, it was Jumbotron time.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,209
    Yeah you have great seats. Chated with Castillo before the preseason game last year when I sponged your seats... That dindt sound right did it... :confused:

19. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    NOPE

20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Actually, those were derwin's seats. He's in plaza 25.

I won't be going tomorrow either. 7pm is a late start time to make. Want the tickets?

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    View 32 - great group of people, very friendly, can see everything and anything going on.