1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fight Sunday Night at Bar West in PB - Chargers Involved

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Just got a tweet from Acee which states that there was a fight at PB Bar & Grill last night and there were chargers players involved.

Here is the Tweet:

sdutChargers

Police confirm several Chargers at PB bar where there was fight last night. About to take off from Denver. Will update -- ka

I just wanted good news and celebration this week. Damnit guys...

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Fight Sunday Night at PB Bar & Grill - Chargers Involved

When they say "Chargers" I hope they mean someone like Buster Davis or someone who never dresses.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807

Okay... so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that the players were at PB Bar and Grill but NOT involved in the fight... please please please please please :unsure:

4. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

Scott and BR are reporting that TMZ is reporting that Cromartie is being investigated for assault.

They say SOMEONE threw a champagne bottle. At least one person says it was Cro.

Can someone find the TMZ link? I'm not going to that sleeze sight.

5. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350

oh geesh! This sucks! Nothing good can come out of going to PB for these guys! They should have gone to OB, much more mellow! :nana_rasta:

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Antonio Cromartie Suspected in Assault w/ Deadly Weapon

Posted Nov 23rd 2009 10:41AM by TMZ Staff

[​IMG]

TMZ has learned San Diego Chargers star Antonio Cromartie is being investigated for assault with a deadly weapon over a bruising incident in a San Diego bar last night.

According to law enforcement sources, Cromartie -- a Pro-Bowl defensive back -- was out celebrating the Chargers win at a local San Diego bar when somebody threw a champagne bottle which hit a bystander in the head.

Witnesses claim there was champagne being sprayed back and forth between Cromartie's party and other bar patrons -- until the mood changed and someone threw a bottle.

We're told the bystander had a cut on his head -- but no ambulance was called to the scene.

Law enforcement sources tell us 25-year-old Cromartie was identified as the bottle-thrower by at least one person -- but there are conflicting stories from other witnesses.

Cromartie was essential in the Chargers' 32-3 win over the Denver Broncos yesterday, raking in a key interception in the second half.

Story developing...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748

Wonderful.

Cut his ***, bench him, Keshawn him, I don't care. I am so sick of his ****. Get him the hell out of SD already.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554

Bit of a quick reation there. Sounds like TMZ might be sensationalizing the story a bit. One witness says Cro threw a bottle, but there were like 30 witnesses. So who knows what really happened? I think you should wait to find out the whole story before assuming the worst about Cro.

9. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420

Innocent until proven guilty.

If the allegations are true I won't disagree with you.

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420

Cro's agent is a ****ing dick, though

11. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

Can't disagree with that. Douchey McDouche.

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979

:no:

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264

I have a feeling I know who REALLY threw that champagne bottle!

[​IMG]

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
  15. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

I know who's involved. It was them damn Turd fans. I bet they were out celebrating after their upset of the Bengals. I mean after a victory like that, anyone could find the courage to don their silver and black attire and go galavanting around town. Not much more to celebrate these days for them RaiDuh fans.

But in all seriousness though, plain stupidity on the part of our Charger players. C'mon, PB Bar & Grill? I mean, that's okay if you want to party among the commoners/fans, but there is no guarantee they're all Charger fans there. On top of that, you want to throw in the element of alcohol... :icon_shrug: NOT SMART. BTW, PB Bar & Grill blows, I haven't been to that joint in years, and I'm in my mid-twenties.

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886

You know Cro wants to hang where the durty gurlz are. He's not lookin' for a classy broad, he just wants needs to drop some of his swimmers in the deep end and then GTFO.

Nice pic yesterday Cro. And I guess I should probably give props for the accurate bottle toss too if it hit a Denver fan. :lol:

Too bad you're a dumb **** regardless of fault in this case.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Hopefully she was the target. :lol:

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931

Waaaaaaaaay too much blathering and not enough evidence in this one. You'd have to prove Cro actually threw the bottle (for one) and in a crowded bar that'll be tough to prove.

I wanna wait before I either absolve him or blame him entirely

19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748

Spraying champagne is some ghetto *** **** to do. Cro has proven to be, as Nickel says so eloquently, "a dumb ****". Can't hit, can't tackle, can't cover. All he can do is pick off passes every so often. He is all flash.

I'm so not a fan.

20. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867

Ha, I thought the same thing!

21. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

I'm not a fan of Cro either. You put yourself in a position for this **** by the choices you make. And he makes stupid choices.

That being said, he has been playing well lately and it would hurt our team if he isn't on the field. In time, I think Cason can take over for him and do a good job, I just don't want that time to be now.

22. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155

Gotta love the knee jerk reactions. The hell with any facts, lets convict him on hearsay. :tdown:

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748

She looks like she's trying to infect everyone with her AIDS with that look.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420

Come on, now.

What are they supposed to do? Restrict themselves to a home because they're sports players?

Alcohol is fine as long as you know how to handle it.

Assuming the allegations are true, Cro apparently can't handle it. But that doesn't mean it's such a horrible thing to do (going out drinking) for the players in general.

25. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

I agree with all of the above! Spraying champaign. Really? We won a game! A regular season game. And we're spraying champaign? I mean I appreciate what we've done this year I appreciate it a lot! And I am pumped on yesterday's win, but to spray champaign thats just stupid, it aint the super bowl, its not even the playoffs for F's sake. And then to throw the bottle at someone as if you think you are such a huge star that you wont get in trouble? What an idiot! Ugh I was dreaming of Super Bowls, waking up to this is just disturbing as all hell!

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420

From Twitter

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420

It was a big emotional win. So what?

As long as it doesn't affect their play the rest of the season who gives a ****? :icon_shrug:

28. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

From the UT:

SAN DIEGO — Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie is being investigated after a fight at a bar in Pacific Beach early Monday morning that left one person with minor injuries, San Diego police said.

The fight was reported just before 1:30 a.m. at Bar West on Hornblend Street near Bayard Street, police said. Someone apparently threw a champagne bottle that hit another person in the head, police Detective Gary Hassen said.

The person suspected of throwing the bottle told police that it “slipped out his hand,” Hassen said. Cromartie is listed as the suspect, police said.

Police have conducted several interviews with witnesses and have had many conflicting statements. More than one Chargers player was in the bar including linebacker Stephen Cooper, Hassen said.

The investigation is continuing and will be turned over to the city attorney on Monday, Hassen said.

No arrests were made.

Cooper...

29. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Like my mother says: nothing good ever happens after 1:29AM.

I agree with you Leo, to some degree. We shouldn't impose restrictions on our players, but c'mon. It's during the season. You should be here, focused on one goal: winning the Lombardi. If you're not here to try to win one, please GTFO. You bring up another good point too, that even if they go out, they should be responsible and able to handle their alcohol. In this case, if any of the players are guilty, they completely failed.

Is it me, or does Stephen Cooper always pops up when there's an incident. I swear, half the time when a player gets in trouble, Coop is always there. I bet that mother-f*cker can party like a rock-star, drink like a fish, and still handle himself in a professional manner. That my friend, is truly admirable.

BTW, I don't think they were spraying Cristal. It's PB Bar & Grill, so they were getting down with Korbel.

30. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

I give a ****! And you will too if it has a negative affect on this team.