1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fighting Irish are No. 10 in the AP media poll

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by LT teh ghost, Sep 12, 2005.

1. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2158683

Notre Dame is a top-10 team for the first time in three years, and Southern California has matched Miami for the longest stay at No. 1 in The Associated Press Top 25.

Charlie Weis' Fighting Irish are No. 10 in the AP media poll released Sunday, jumping 10 spots after upsetting Michigan 17-10 on Saturday to improve to 2-0.

"I think too many times rankings are based off of reputation, not off what really happens," Weis said Sunday when asked if he thought he had a top-10 team. "So maybe if you go by what you see, maybe the answer is yes. I'm not there to judge that."

Weis is the first Notre Dame coach since Knute Rockne in 1918 to win his first two games on the road, helping the Fighting Irish to their highest ranking since they were seventh in late November 2002.

DAMN THAT WAS FAST :shock:

2. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Michigan played a sloppy game at home and Henne looked lack-luster. I don't think the Irish will be so lucky when they play USC.

3. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    They made a good comeback v Michigan State, but all for naught. 1-1 against the state of Michigan.

ND is perhaps best to play against teams who are ranked.