1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Film Project Featuring Bolttalk Personalities

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sandolf, Jan 28, 2008.

?

Will Trumpet Man honor his bet with Shamrock?

1. Yes... "brothers" can be trusted.

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No... He will "puss" out like he accuses LT of doing.

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    There are a few little inspirations that came together for me to decide to write a treatment and eventually shoot a documentary film for and about Chargers fanatics... and especially those who write in forums.

Firstly, I had been listening to the same radio ad day in any day out urging Bills fans to submit a video of their tailgate to You Tube in order to win some sort of prize. Don't even know what it was, but it began to drive me nuts. Secondly, reading Concudan's "Bugle" was interesting background material which I enjoyed. And thirdly, this "Show Me What You Look Like" thread in here displays some of the amusing effects of you people sticking your mugs in front of a camera.

Even if you roll all of the better aspects of these three formats into one... the piece would still be lacking in terms of a real film. Drunken revelers misbehaving at a tailgate might be amusing only for those involved to see themselves. There isn't much of a plot or story to it. I do not want to take away Concudan's "feel good" piece because I once had a side job contributing to a program guide for a pay tv station and I know how much work it is to get an article like that together. Only simular to the face thread here... you kind of look at it, smile and move on.

What makes a little film like this work over the longer term is the same as in the professional productions. You need an event to build towards, hopefully with a bit of tension or conflict. Happily ever after movies are boring as hell unless some complication pops up which may... (but hardly ever does)... cause the whole show to fall together like a house of cards.

The last couple of weeks I have been rooting around in the depths of the archives here to find something to build a story around. And suddenly... eureka! There is was! You have to read down to post #144 to see the deal being made.

http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/showthread.php?p=244644&highlight=youtube+vick#post244644

Besides the cooperation of the two main "actors", I would need to interview of some of the community here to have a few comments on the spectacle and to explain a bit about themselves. Plus I'll need lots of you to be present as extras... (hopefully in full costume)... to add to the festive spirit of the occasion.

I have always wanted to document my pilgramage down to San Diego. It would be great if some of you could contribute a few ideas and thoughts in this thread as I prepare. As to whether it comes off... please vote in the poll and let's have a little fun with it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Forum Gawd

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This is America Sandy we're going to need lots of cleavage shots, explosions etc if it has any chance of selling. :) :flag:

• Like Like x 1
  4. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Where's my beer, biitch?

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    can you dummy this down for the old guys?

Sounds interesting, but I'm not gonna read through all that bullshiit to figure out what the bet is.

6. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Sandy not toot my own horn (several puns intended) but I am now considered a famous poster from San Diego after the UT referenced my name in one of their articles about online forums right before the Pats game.

I'm here to help. :yes: :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    I don't really need to sell it... rather just post it on some UGC website. The thing is that I can borrow a camera from work and edit it together as time permits.

Cleavage shots is a nice touch. Pyrotechnics for Shamrock's grand entrance would be cool too... although I'm not sure what California laws permit or restrict fireworks. Something like that could add to the budget.

8. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

Maybe we could line-up a couple Chargers girls (BY FAR the hottest cheerleaders in the NFL). They are always walking around the parking lot before games.

Gawd I'm good. :yes: :lol:

9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    The nice thing about a part in a documentary film is that you don't have to read the script. A couple of "perplexed" old guys would be great too if you are about.

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    what was the bet??

11. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Great. I've talked to you on the phone on a few occasions and I think a couple of on camera takes from you could be hilarious.

12. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    The kneepads chispa posted is a valuable clue.

13. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Hmmn... cheerleaders rejecting the vanquished Trumpet Man? Not bad. Anything else?

14. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

ok, so the kneepads are for the loser, but, what was the original bet?

not the payment

:icon_huh:

15. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    You should check out the link. There is only a five post space between the challenge and the resolution.

Essentially if a certain event was to transpire one would declare the other one the "Forum Gawd" in a humbling sort of pose and have it filmed for the record.

So it is easy to assume who lost.

16. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    got it

Tony,

pay up

:yes::yes::yes:

17. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Puns galore

In the unlikely event that it goes down, as it were...

... I would suggest that the final shot should have a, shall we say, climactic end-ing:yes:

Have to admit, thought the film would never be made... and have zero doubt if the "pad was on the other knee", the level of shouting would have long ago reached a sickening crescendo.

Speaking of pads... in light of the thread that sparked your research Sandolf, and in the interest of properly protecting the knees of the loser, maybe the following would be more appropriate protection than the pads the lovely Chispa offered up:
    [​IMG]
    :lol:

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The Secretary for UT TRASH MENTALITY INC. MEETS GODZILLA.

THE END :bolt:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAVYYe87b9w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAVYYe87b9w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPFxBzlFe94&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPFxBzlFe94&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

19. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    ...closes the door and backs silently awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Isn't owning Trumpy like puberty? It will inevitably happen to everyone that doesn't die first...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Puns galore

A couple of things... it is a long off-season. There is much time for thinking logistics. Nextly... if I want to shoot a film, I can do it. I haven't bothered much with such things in the past because it is too closely related to my job. If you move furniture for a living it is unlikely that this is also your favorite free time amusement. Lastly... if Trumpy DOES puss out... maybe we can come up with somebody else to replace him with another story line.

The more I think about it the more resolved I am becoming about producing something.

22. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Not so silent as it would appear.

23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Exactly! If you could pose this question to "Forum Gawd" on camera... (maybe in a bar the night before the event)... and assuming he has an amusing comeback... (which is usually the case)... then that would make about 30 secs. out of the half hour I am planning.

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Gotta admit, that was a fun thread, replete with alla the forum drama imaginable and requisite name-calling :tup:

25. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    I need a working title for this piece. Anybody have any ideas?

26. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'll get back to you on that. :D :yes:

27. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I can help by toting your bakey drunk'd sorry azz back to your hotel after the shoot.

Tooting your own horn. I thought only Trumpie did that...

edit: you KNOW you do your best work when you're baked.