1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Final Mock!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MtlBoltsFan, Apr 26, 2008.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Projected trade: New Orleans trades with Baltimore to prevent Bengals from grabbing Sedrick Ellis.

#1 Dolphins - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    #2 Rams - Chris Long, DE, Virginia
    #3 Falcons - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
    #4 Raiders - Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State
    #5 Chiefs - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    #6 Jets - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
    #7 Patriots - Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
    #8 Saints - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
    #9 Bengals - Keith Rivers, LB, USC
    #10 Ravens - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
    #11 Bills - Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
    #12 Broncos - Branden Albert, OT/OG, Virginia
    #13 Panthers - Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
    #14 Bears - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
    #15 Lions - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
    #16 Cardinals - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
    #17 Chiefs - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tenn State
    #18 Texans - Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
    #19 Eagles - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
    #20 Buccaneers - DeSean Jackson, WR, California
    #21 Redskins - James Hardy, WR, Indiana
    #22 Cowboys - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
    #23 Steelers - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
    #24 Titans - Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
    #25 Seahawks - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
    #26 Jaguars - Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
    #27 Chargers - Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
    #28 Cowboys - Donnie Avery, WR, Houston
    #29 49ers - Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
    #30 Packers - Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL)
    #31 Giants - Jerod Mayo, OLB, Tennessee

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    I like it!

And your thoughts on that QB from Tulsa...I agree. Talk about a steal in this draft. :yes:

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    The Chargers' pick turned out even better!

4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    :yes:

Chargers have three NUMBER ONE cornerbacks :icon_rofl:

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

and I thought you knew your ****

Throw darts next time

:icon_tease::icon_tease::icon_tease:

6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Mock drafting and player evaluation are two different things. The former involves guessing and projecting and the latter involves knowing and projecting. Anyone can make a mock. Given how many trades are executed and how many retarded general managers are out there like Matt Millen, it is impossible to be accurate.

Mayo will be a very nice fit with the Patriots but you don't take a 3-4 ILB so early unless they are god-like as Patrick Willis was and Mayo is not Patrick Willis. Belichick talking about Mayo's versatility... I do not see Mayo's "versatility" in a 3-4 scheme. He is no edge rusher. He is a marginal blitzer. He is strictly an ILB in the 3-4. Regardless, the Patriots love drafting the best available athlete who fits a need and who has a passion for the game and they whip them up into great system players. Terrence Wheatley was a brilliant selection in the 2nd round. Ultimately Mayo will have great protection in the Patriots scheme playing behind Wilfork and Seymour and company. Great pick by New England.

7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I thought Wheatley was a reach. He isnt very big , has a permantly fused wrist so he cant have great good hands and he has serious durability issues.

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Wheatley's college resume speaks for itself. He is outstanding in coverage... a total glue guy. He was a big reason why Colorado stymied Chase Daniel and the Mizzou passing attack. If the Pats drafted him I will assume he cleared medically. His hands are fine to make the interception and he isn't a poor tackler like a lot have made him out to be... he is an adequate tackler. Anyway he is a typical Pats guy... should be very productive in their system.

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    When we play them i hope we throw at him all day with VJ and Naanee and even Floyd( if he makes the team) being lined up against his short *** :lol:

Only saw one Colorado game and Nobody projected him as a 2nd rounder. Mostly 4th and 5th

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    I put him on my "all-sleeper" list so I did not project him as a 2nd rounder either but at the same time he put up the triangle numbers that justify such an early selection combined with his on-field productivity which really cannot be questioned. The Patriots needed a CB. He was the best option at that spot, otherwise you would be looking at a Justin King, Orlando Scandrick, Tyvon Branch, etc... none of whom produced at the collegiate level but are "ranked" highly simply because of the athletic testing numbers. Justin King got burned a lot, as did Scandrick. Branch is just unrefined and inconsistent and does not have anywhere near the natural balls skills that Wheatley does. Wheatley is a much more refined CB than any of those guys. I do like South Florida CB Trae Williams but he doesn't have the pure coverage ability and burst that Wheatley has although he is technically sound and has good ball skills.