1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

'Final' offer given to LT....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +899
    How many of those examples tried to play with reportedly a detached tendon? I have a bad feeling that LT is going to be Merriman this year. Try to play through it, find out that he can't, and then go on the shelf for a year when he could have had the surgery right after the season. Yeah, I know, he saw a bunch of doctors, but isn't that what Merriman did?

Obviously, I'd rather see LT re-sign, and be completely wrong about the injury. But those are the things a prudent team is paying attention to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +899
    Sproles contract is far from being done.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    To me, it seems like the national media is going to hammer AJ and he's being typecast as something less than he is. For one of the better GM's in the game, he is being typecast as an egomaniac who gets rid of good players.

How many times do you believe getting rid of Tomlinson, Brees, and Turner will be mentioned if it happens?[/QUOTE]

Turner was a mistake, and if he were still with us this LT thing wouldn't be as big a deal as it is. Without Brees we have done fine, no real loss there.

AJ doesn't do the negotiating Ed does since he's the cap guru. It will all be hung on AJ still the same, right or wrong. I'm just glad it isn't me that's gonna get crucified for this.

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200

Loosing brees wasn't anyones fault but gods. Him getting hurt by the donks in that last game was incredibly bad luck. Something went wrong with trading turner. NOt sure what. But he probably should have been traded for more than a 3rd rounder the next year. I'm still upset with marty for letting welker get taken.

Its up to LT. As with emmitt smith, rey lewis, and many more super duper stars its up to them to give up some money later in their careers to stay with the team. Its all just part of the buisness. Otherwise you wind up with one or two super duper stars and the rest of the team are 3rd stringers. Got to keep improving or you get lost in the wash.

5. timepiece33

timepiece33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    So he suffers a season ending injury after having a great year and you want to hold that against him? Maybe the Pats should cut Tom Brady?

Also, how are we going to get this RB? The draft? What about the other positions of need?

With this team's philosophy towards FA and the current available FA talent pool, this makes the team worse. Period.

I'd rather root for a better Charger team.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +475
    Agree, it's also tiring when fans whine and complain that the GM's are looking out for the best interest of the team, not one particular player, it's a business

7. timepiece33

timepiece33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Injuries and cap flexibility were the reasons given for getting rid of Drew Brees. We signed Marlon McCree.

Obviously, the injury is a concern. So is degrading your roster for no reason. If I felt the Chargers were going to release him AND use the money to upgrade the roster, I'd be more open to it.

Right now, if they release Tomlinson ... I see a downgrade in the roster, a conservative approach to FA (which probably is justified to some degree), and no 2nd round pick. Adding an extra hole isn't my idea of getting better.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    Sproles now is getting more because he's a free agent, the best of the class leaving the chargers, and we couldn't afford to let him go. Sign him to a long term deal no way he gets 6.6 mil a year - he's not a full time back. He gets 6.6 because that's the franchise tag and the Chargers couldn't afford to let him go, especially with the issues brewing with LT. LT knows this, this was made abundantly clear by AJ and everyone around him. So him whining about being paid less than Sproles is not based strongly in fact.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    That's not why he's getting the money. And the final contract hasn't been inked yet. :no:

I haven't heard that LT has said anything about making less, IF he does when a contract is all done. At least not publicly. That has been all fan & media speculation.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I hope LT stays. But he and the chargers look like their in the same uneasy spot as ray lewis, wr harrison, emmitt smith, edgerrin james and other super stars were in. Its all about money and the money to keep the team together as much as possible even beyond this next year.

Thats why i'm guessing the most important thing is the signing bonus. CAuse most contracts don't make it to the end.

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    would you rather have stats and be the king of the fantasy football league, or have wins and be the king of the real league?

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

So true H8er

I'm so fugging sick of the stat police

The 2009 version of this team needs to step the F*** up and get this shiit done.

13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Thanks, I am getting tired of all those fantasy league stat guys too!

14. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Me too....I am sick of this who,what where ,when , and how. Wait till it happens and STFU.

15. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Sounds like a bunch of weather forecasters..........And you all in SD know how that works out.:lol::yes:

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,178
    :yes:

17. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    "I moved to this forum because I thought everyone at the chargers.com froum was ignorant, guess I was wrong" :tdown:

I mean this dude gives more sympathy to Eric Parker than Poof (well maybe not) and he says this kinda **** about LT. The LT who brought this franchise back to it's winning ways. The LT that has helped the community CONTINOUSLY? Get that BULL out of here.

Try not to get your panties in a knot.

:tdown:

• Like Like x 3
  18. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    winning is a statistic. not fumbling is a statistic. so is getting 20+ carries a game, 16 weeks in a row.

in the real league, someone who gets 10 yards rushing in the only start of his own injury-shortened career usually doesnt get the franchise tag. theyre the ones getting released