1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire cottrell right now

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by foober, Sep 23, 2007.

1. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    If the chargers defense can get someone in to get it working right we still have a chance this year.

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Foober, I think that this is the first thread you have started here on Bolt Talk. We have arrived.

And yes, I agree.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I could live with this...Is Rivera ready?

4. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    He has never run a 3-4, so the answer is no.

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Seems Cottrell hasnt either. Did he not watch ANY of our tape from last year to get a clue how our players excell?

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    OK, could he be any worse?

7. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    HTML:

Could he possibly be worst than Cottrell?

8. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Very good point about being worse than Cottrell. This reminds me of Marty's first year under Dale Lindsay. Just PAINFUL to watch.

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    79 points with about a hundred passes against about 25 running plays. Adjustments? Are you kidding me?

FU AJ.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I was thinking about that as well.

Lets face it the defense as it is right now can't stop a grandma in a wheel chair. I"ve seen enough of cottrell. If this is the best he can do good bye before the season is completely lost.

NOrvs doing as good as cam ever did. Which is average at best. But the defense is in a shambles.

11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    The Packers only ran the ball thirteen times. Cotrell should have told his guys to pin their ears back and get to the quarterback.

12. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    How many times in nfl history has a dc or hc been replaced? Not many I can think of without google, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see some of that **** go down this week.

13. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Five-wide all season everybody. Our defensive rushing stats are going to be great! :unsure:

Do the Chiefs even have 5 wr's?

14. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    They'll sign some local high school kids for the Charger game. They won't have much trouble toasting Hart and McCree.

15. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We're gonna see Andre Rison catch 10 balls for 125 and 2 TDs next week.

16. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Cottrell can blow me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ftwbolt

ftwbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    There's a reason why he was pushing a pencil in the Main office.

BECAUSE he SUCKS !!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    n00bie ..... :yes:

:abq1: :icon_rofl: :abq2:

:flag:

19. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    From the looks of things, Cotrell has never run one, either.

He needs to be fired immediately.

20. ftwbolt

ftwbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    No kidding !! at least he would attack and put presure on the QB.

Cottrell has them playing read and react or worse yet, the Damn Prevent.

21. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    We've got Castillo, injury prone and underachieving.

Jamal, with an injured elbow, getting no push.

Igor, not a 3-technique one gapper.

Schematically, we're pinching in on the DE's, probably to cover for ILB's, primarily Dobbins.

That puts the DE's on interior linemen when they rush, giving OT's man up on Merriman and Phillips. Merriman and Phillips need to be schemed onto RB's and TE's, but with the problems above, it's not happening.

The CB's are doing well. Jammer had an excellent game. Cro had some nice deflections as well. D-Flo gave up some slants, but had good coverage.

A drop by Hart. A drop by Cromartie. A bad play not wrapping up by Cromartie.

Idiot McCree not wrapping up on tackles. Moronic McCree drawing a worthless penalty because he's a head hunter.

Arena League talent at free safety, Hart, can't read a route. Slow reaction time. False steps.

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Beware of fans who claim slow reaction times and false steps when they are at home watching the game (of course the camera is watching the ball but others have that football ESP thing going to see **** you do not see at home - amazing and Kreskin-like :yes: )

This is the first clue someone is full of **** unless they are actually at the games. :yes:

23. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    A WR is on a inside slant.

The free safety take steps to the outside, even after seeing the WR go inside, with no other WR outside of that WR - the MORONIC Arena League player masquerading as an NFL Free Safety ... .... that's a false step. Seen easily on the overhead.

Oh, excuse me. The pom poms get in the way of certain Arena League level fans. Or was that popcorn splatter? Or the bottom of the bottle blocking the view?

24. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Teddy C
    Aka Teddy Clown
    Has his head up his ***. He is now on my "list."

25. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Wo wo wo STOP THE INSANITY FOLKS!

My guy is fine:lol: . He has his players playing good ball. We unfortunately have a few nagging injuries which are obviously effecting this team. None more so then Merriman not at 100%, although he won't admit it. We went up against 2 future hall of famer QB's and they are HOF for a reason and we unfortunately came up a bit short.

Now let's not get silly here and let's put blame where blame is due. And that is on Norv for some pretty piss poor play calling. LT was averaging like 2YPC and Rivers was on fire and yet they run LT with time running out near the 2 minute warning. They were stacking the box BIG TIME knowing we were going to run the ball to try and get time off the clock thus leaving our big WR probably man to man. This was vintage Marty (actually I'm lying) Marty would have run it three straight times and let out defense hold em. I thought Norv was brought in to put the pedal to the medal and he looks more lost then a young virgin male at the playboy mansion. :icon_eek:

My guy will address these issues with the players and we will right the ship defensively. It is Norv that needs to figure out why last years highest output offense is looking like they need 6 months worth of rabbit's feet.

26. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

The offense improved, the defense did not. The Packers ran the ball thirteen times, they were one dimensional. You want an offense to be one dimensional. Unfortunately, we never took advantage. If you know they're going to pass the ball, BLITZ! Pin your ears back, and get to the quarterback.

27. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    We tried that a couple of times but that damn HOF QB beat us. Or we jumped offsides. Like I said, we have a few adjustments to make and we will address those this coming week. Actually, that will be my motto this year....."We will address it".:abq2: :abq1: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: