1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire McCoy...and Pagano...and Wizz...and...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Sep 11, 2016.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    too soon?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Roll over and die everytime we have a lead. That loss was 100% on coaching!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    It sure was on coaching, but we should come to expect it, happens every time we get a big lead

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    If one of the coordinators were worth a damn I wouldn't be half kidding...McCoy needs to go

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Montrose

Montrose BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Resignation by draw play....

6. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Keep Whiz, don't let any of the others back on the plane

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Why get rid of Pags, some numbnuts said this is a top 10 defense in the game day thread and was agreed with????

8. Montrose

Montrose BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    Maybe they meant top ten defence playing football in San Diego? :unsure:

Let's see there are college and school Ds, and little league(?) or is that just baseball...ooh the Padres.

Definitely make top ten of that lot... :)

9. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    I can't remember the last time being on such an unreal superficial high, then being crushed into a pile of sh*t. :poop::poop:
    I mean, I literally got sick., and I'm not even joking.
    Now I just got a splitting headache.., with a touch of fatigue...... incredible....... and the beer is not even helping at this point......work will be a joy tomorrow. :(
    Thanks Chargers.....you're the best. :poop:

• Like Like x 2
  10. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    You mean when we have a lead in the 4th quarter.

11. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    I'd be fine with giving Mc Turtle and Pagano the pink slip. A high school coach could do a better job than McCoy. Pagano and his prevent defense proclivities are well documented. Face it, our team plays like a bunch of pussies and it's a direct result of our head coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Daniel Terrian

Daniel Terrian InNoutofgrace

Ratings:
    +5
    It was completely on the coaching staff! Way to conservative with an entire 1/2 to play!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    It's amazing how we just keep doing this. The same thing every year, and no lessons seem to be getting learned.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Now that I've calmed down. Maybe.....just maybe this will be a lesson for the coaching staff to never let off the gas!!!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    As this point, I wouldn’t mind seeing McCoy dismissed and either one of our Coordinators names as interim HC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I don’t blame Pagano as much, our ultra-conservative offensive play calling once we got a big lead kept our defense on the field for most of the second half, it’s not surprising that they were gassed real late when we the game was on the line.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    The team played like garbage in the second half. A total and epic fail/collapse/ roll over. No killer instinct. No ability to salt away the win. Stand by for the real exodus this January. Last year was just the dress rehearsal for leaving town. This game totally blew moose balls. I'm disgusted by how they let this one slip out of their grasp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I halfway agree with you – McCoy is looking alot like the HC he replaced, and as mentioned before, I don’t blame Pags for the fact that our defense wilted, considering the fact that they didn’t get a lot of help form the rest of the team. Special teams hurt them with the 21 yard punt & the missed 54 yard field goal giving the Chiefs the ball near midfield, and the offensive 3 or 4 & outs kept our defense on the field way too long.

19. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    If it weren't for KC mistakes in the first half the defense wouldn't have had a lead to protect in the first place. The offense going completely flat in the second half is bewildering.

20. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Agreed.
    I don't think a mercy recovery is possible now. This was such an epic meltdown in a must win divisional game, I'm almost certain that a failed vote is a done deal now.....I'm not even going to renew my Sunday Ticket now, I'm so discusted. :poop:

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The defense is spotted a 24 - 3 lead and give it all back and then some in the second half. I think the Bolts need a top 1 defense and it ain't nowhere in sight.

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Mike McCoy is a bad joke of a coach.

I'd love to know in what sane coach's mind the thought "let up, we're far enough ahead" is a reasonable and rational thought when you're up 24-3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    ...they gave up a 21 point lead. The Chiefs completely dominated the defence and imposed their will on them. The TE's/RB's averaged 10 yards per catch. How is that grounds to not blame Pagano just as much as anyone else?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +541
    Trying a 54 yard field goal on 4th and 2 was utter cowardice.

Failing to even attempt one pass at or near the first down line to gain late was unacceptable.

Falling into a 3 man rush with a soft shell zone as though the game was out of reach was horrible.

Yuck. McCoy blew it. His guys were clearly playing better. Even without Allen, we had every chance to win. The guy is totally gutless and clearly isn't changing. It's so disappointing that we brought him back.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    The grounds are the circumstances that I stated earlier: bad punts & the missed 54 yard field goal attempt kept the Chiefs in favorable field position, and our stagnant offense resulting in quick turnarounds but few 2nd half points kept our defense on the field longer than they should’ve been, wearing them out in the late stages of the game.

I blame Mike McCoy & Ken Whisenhunt alot more for this loss than I blame John Pagano – they took their foot off the gas pedal once we got out to a big lead, they gave Danny Woodhead more than twice as many snaps as they did Melvin Gordon after his very productive 1st half, and the offense basically shut down after Keenan Allen got hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +943
    I still can't believe we cancelled the Bruce Arians interview for this ******* joke of a head coach. McCoy must of really sold the Spanos family.

It's year 4 of the same old ****. This team's mentality is a reflection of the coach's mentality. If McCoy keeps this up into Week 4, and he's not fired, I'm all about done with this team. If the Spanos were serious about staying in San Diego and giving the city something to cheer for, he would of fired this guy after a pathetic 2015 season.

I can't wait for McDaniels to take over this team in 2017. Oh wait, we'll probably hire John Pagano.

• Like Like x 1
  27. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    its been going on for such a long time, is there anything else to learn?

28. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I hope they don’t wait till the season is lost to replace McCoy, if it’s necessary – today’s loss was totally inexcusable and if we blow it in our home opener against Jacksonville, especially if we get blown out, then Mike McCoy would be exposed as Norv 2.0 and should be fired. Ken Whisenhunt should be tapped as our interim HC, with the promise that the interim tag would be removed should we make the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    I am through with McCoy after this.

I stopped for dinner at one of my local hangouts with about 7 to go when it was 27-17 and my server was wearing a Chiefs jersey. Here is the exchange that followed:

Server: Looks like you got this one
    Me: No. Way too much time left and I have seen the Chargers blow leads too many times (FG Good for 27-20)
    Server (comes back at 2:00 warning as Chiefs are driving): Congrats on the win
    Me: No. If the Chiefs tie this, they win it. Mark it down. (TD for Chiefs to tie and then offense inexplicably goes into fetal position)
    Me (as OT starts): I'll take the check, I know how this ends. Pay bill as Alex Smith reaches end zone and I walk out quietly.

This team is a manifestation of their head coach in every sense of the word. Complete and utter cowardice. Play not to lose, and you surely will. Put Whiz in charge, it can;t be any worse than it already is. One week into the season, and we are already having this discussion, this is probably a new low.

Way to go when trying to convince voters in your home city to pony up for a new stadium. Brilliant...

30. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Did anyone else happen to notice McCoy mouthing "What the Hell are we doing?" on the third down play before the end of regulation during the broadcast? Seems quite fitting if you ask me...

What the Hell ARE you doing Mike?!?!?!