1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fire Norv!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Sep 10, 2013.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,898
    No, wait, we can't scapegoat him anymore. Now what? :(

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Now we rebuild.

Need to get better on O-line, need at least 1 pass rusher (2 if Freeney retires next year), need to find a #1 receiver, and a SS.

And maybe it's time to start scouting QBs....but that can wait, gotta see if Rivers can improve and get more comfortable in this scheme.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    We need more beef on both sides of the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We cant run and we cant stop the run!

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    When I saw the title, I figured you were locking arms with our Cleveland brothers and sisters.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,898
    Seemed to me we were stopping the run fairly well. Foster for 57, Tate for 53. Considering the personnel there that's not too horrible.

3rd and long and pass defense was the problem on that side of the ball yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PanchoX1

PanchoX1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +55
    I agree with this bit was the problem a result of the defense being on the field too long ? Felt like they were out there the whole second half.

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    That and our "depth" on the DL and in the LB corps (Larry English aside) consisting of UDFA's and table-scraps that couldn't make the rosters on other clubs. In an era of hurry-up offenses, you have to be able to depend on your depth players to give you more than just one or two snaps then come off the field, they have to be able to play a full series if/when called upon. Last night, when we called upon them we were putting guys that by and large were those of a level playing in the 3rd and 4th quarters of early preseason games against the guys on Houston who played the first 10-15 snaps of the first quarter.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Also, worthwhile state from Kras today... we ran 51 offensive plays from scrimmage on the entire night. There's a reason why in the 4th quarter Houston's defense was fresh as a daisy and ours was exhausted. There's had been on the field for 1 play shy of 1/3 less snaps than ours had.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    English looked no better than those scraps so no need to single him out unless it's for further ridicule.

• Agree Agree x 1