1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Firenorv.net

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 17Rocks, Sep 25, 2007.

1. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
  2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
  3. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    It's amazing how all these "loyal" fans jump ship at any sign of adversity. It's apparent that most of these chumps jumped on the bandwagon the past couple of years and have no experience in dealing with the lean times.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I encourage the fans to start websites as they see fit to blast any player or coach and not fear being called a bandwaggoner.

You have a right to say what you want good or bad about YOUR Team and root them on to the playoffs.

Do not buy all the rah rah hype that if you are not holding pompoms, you are not a true fan.

If you feel Norv/Cottrell needs to be FIRED - sing it. :tup:

I will give him until the BYE before I make my serious *** assessment but so far what we have seen has sucked billy goat dangler. :yes: :icon_evil:

5. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

I don't disagree with any of that. My point is that the bozo who started the site more than likely wasn't even a fan pre 2004.

You tend to be more critical than me on topics relating to the team but since you have been a fan since the 60's you have earned that right. Since I have been a fan from back in the 70's I have earned the right to say you are full of shiat. :yes:

It's the newbies who don't even know what adversity looks like who come in with these long and panicked rants about how the sky is falling that drive me crazy.

The team has looked like crap and the coach appears to be overwhelmed. That being said there is plenty of time to correct what needs correcting and the hole we are in is a small one (one game out of first place).

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It very well may be the starter of that site is a Chargers fan of 40 years as well and is using the internet in ways we did not have available during Harland Svare's regime. I say - BRAVO !!! Bully for him or her.

This sky is falling or jumping the band wagon or chicken little is all the same thing.

When you look at the threads, I see people who are angry and pointing out fatal and obvious flaws and those are not the sky is falling threads unless it is propagated by "you" guys.

I am no bandwaggoner and certainly have never jumped ship and will continue to call out the crap I am seeing because I back it up by spending my money at the games in person plus the fact I have been seeing them LIVE since the 60's.

I know the teams potential and I also know is it being horribly under utilized.

The hole you so fondly mention, is occupied by the Raiders going into Week 3 of the season. I have been in better holes. :abq2:

Is there time to get it corrected ? :icon_shrug:

How about getting it corrected last week and the week before instead of hoping it gets corrected sometime in the future ?

7. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    :kisskiss: :kisskiss: :kisskiss:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'm not there yet with Norv however if he or AJ wanted to shitcan Cottrell I would have no problem with it.

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey man enough is enough. :icon_evil:

Free speech and while we are at it, Free Ricky and Free Vick.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    From what I understand, both Cottrell and Merriman told each other to go fuc themselves and each got that "gleam" (not dribbling down the inner thigh variety either) but that gleam of "he loves me and he told me to go fuc myself". It is a guy respect thing.

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Where did you hear that? It could be a good thing and I hope Shawne gets out there and takes somebody's fuggin head off. It's prison sex time.

We need to beat the livin fuc out of the Chiefs. :bolt: :yes:

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It was last week in the Nuts and Bolts section at the UT or NCTimes footnotes.

Merriman and Cottrell went at it verbally but it was blown off as competitors (sound familiar)?

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    So if you think Norv was a bad hire, you've jumped ship?
    I've got to disagree!!!

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The site owner claims to be a long time Chargers fan and season ticket holder that regularly tailgates in J4.

Well, if any of you are interested I guess you can venture there on Sunday and find out who he is. :icon_shrug:

Myself, I'm going to wait until the BYE week.

If the Bolts don't go 2-1 the next three weeks, then I'll join the "FIRE NORV" mob.

When the Bolts win their next 3 games and lead the division, that crowd will thin out real quick. :yes:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm a long time fan and season ticket holder too.!!!
    They guy has every right to express dissatisfaction!!!!

ESPECIALLY NOW THAT THEY RAISED THE TICKET PRICES!!!

16. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    The next five are all very winnable, and if that happens, we'll be sitting at 6-2.

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    :yes: :tup:

Although the Texans game is going to be harder than we first thought when the schedule was announced. That is, if their major injuries are gone by then.

The Texans are 2-1 right now and played the Colts tough on Sunday.

18. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    First off, nobody in the world is going to fire a coach because some attention seeking ******* creates a web site.

Secondly, you aren't necessarily holding pom poms if you think it's chickenshit to undermine your guy. Like him or not, he is our guy right now. I didn't like Schotty when he was hired, but I bought in and had his back. Same here. Norv wasn't my choice, but he's our guy right now, and I will have his back until he proves to me that I shouldn't. At 1-2 with thirteen games left, it seems a bit premature.

We have five games coming up that are all very winnable. I still have confidence in this team, and expect that we will be 6-2 after Week 8.

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Very nice!! :tup: :icon_toast:

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Guess what? Enough fans get on the bandwagon and the only person who will not get fired is named Spanos. The fans will let the owners know what is up and we do. Without the support of the fans, you do not have jack ****.

After 13 games we have 12, then 11, then 10. After what point does it NOT become premature and basically too late to make an assessment ?

You have 7 games under your belt to make a somewhat valid assessment at this point and it is only Week 3.

Taking the high road and saying "I back my coach until proven otherwise", is a cop out.

If you have not seen enough to give a preliminary grade, then let others do it for you and we will.

So far the coaching staff gets a D-

It would be a F but the team showed up dressed.

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    So www.cutclintonhart.com is ok with you too?? :icon_shrug:

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You forgot Norv sucks, which is the theme of all threads here.

23. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    The BYE week is the measuring point.

If the Bolts aren't 4-2 or at least 3-3 entering the BYE week, thus a losing record, then I don't think anyone would have a problem with any of this. I wouldn't.

Right now though, the coaches and team get my unwavering support.

Only if the team has a losing record entering the BYE week will my support wane greatly.

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Either way, Norv'll suck.

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am down with anyone starting their own site.

I could start my own website Shane Olivea sucksass.com and undoubtedly I will be called a Raider fan, a non fan, a whiner and it does not matter we earned the right to call 'em as we see 'em.

That goes right out the door or so it appears. Not on my watch. :no:

Free speech man !!! :tup:

Enough of people telling other people how they should post with respect to the team.

I hated the fuc out of Drew Brees and Olivea and Jerry Wilson and still rooted for the team as hard as anyone in that stadium. Nobody partied and supported these dudes harder than we did when the gun sounded each and everytime.

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Preach it with me Bro, Norv sucks.

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed and fair enough but let me ask you this.

What grade do you give the coaching staff overall (offensive and defensive head coaches if you wish) ?

28. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    With all due respect I think it is the fans who know what a bad season looks like who are freaking out right now. We've been there and seen them (bad seasons). I've been a fan of the bolts since the 90's and that doesn't make me any more or less of a fan than anyone else, even IF they've only been a fan for 2 years. If this guy who started the website as well as the pettition didn'nt care or was truly a bandwaggon fan he'd be rooting for the Bucs, Titans or any other up and coming team.

The guy is passionate about his team. Passionate enough to go out of his way to do that. That to me is being a fan. For example you can pretend like you know that all will be turned around and we'll win the superbowl and you'd still be just as good a fan as this guy. No need to be calling names here. We're all Charger fans no matter if we dissagree.