1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

First Class

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Dec 28, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Jun 29, 2009
    <blockquote>Source: Chargers.com

By Casey Pearce

Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith is slow to cast judgment on his draft classes, saying that it usually takes three years to measure the success of a new group. But on that scale, the grades after one trimester would put the Bolts' 2005 first round picks on the President's list.

"Together I would say that they've done better than I would have anticipated," Chargers Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer said of Luis Castillo and Shawne Merriman. "Luis has played well for us all season in a position that is difficult to transition. I think it's apparent to all of us the energy and the power that Shawne brings to what we've done. To say that I'm pleased would be an understatement."

Castillo quickly locked down the starting job at left defensive end. His high motor and relentlessness immediately made him a hit with Schottenheimer and defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.</blockquote>

<a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2500" target="_blank"><strong>Article Link</strong></a>