1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

First Tailgate Party (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    For those of you in the know, we (BoltBunker.com) will be hosting a tailgate get-together in our usual spot over in parking lot M-4, and as always, members of any of our Bolts community sites are welcome. Since we will have cheezhead sightings galore, we figure to make the first tailgate simple. Brats, beer, and cheese. Maybe some good German potato salad too. Maybe throw in some kraut and hot dogs. If you would like to bring a food item, water, or other beverage or snacks just tell us what you plan on bringing and how many people in your group that will be attending. Also, we will happily accept donations for our private bathroom that our paying members have exclusive usage privileges to use during our tailgate party. We will always have our tailgater in the same spot, just under the trolley bridge about 50 - 75 feet from the M-4 parking lot sign.

Pointy (Your friendly neighborhood foodslinger...) :cool:

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Mom and I will be there!

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I wish I was going, but Iron Maiden Live > worthless preseason game.

HAVE FUN!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Is it Octoberfest already? :confused:

5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I'm bringing in some hot dogs, buns, possibly a potato salad. Anyone else bringing some goodies?

7. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    if you guys are having a tailgater for October 15, ill be there, and you can ask me lots of silly questions about Australia :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    There's ALWAYS a tailgater at home games. That'll be a good one too, vs. the Donkeys.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Have a beer for me guys!

10. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I can bring some brats or a side or a dessert if you want Pointyearedog -- will folks from the bunker be there? Just trying to get an idea of how much to pick-up. Happy to contribute whatever is needed :)

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    You are an American living in Oz right?.

12. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Sydalish;

Ivan (Eat My Boltage) is bringing brats and buns. I am bringing hot dogs and buns. If you could bring in a potato salad and maybe some sauerkraut, we will have the cookers for those brats and dogs. I will bring a pan to heat the sauerkraut with too. If you want to throw in some cookies for dessert or if anyone else wants to volunteer for that, they are certainly welcome. There is a similar thread over at the bunker, and a few of the fine folks there will be showing up.

Just a reminder that if you want to pitch in for the bathroom rental, it's a nominal fee or you can donate for the year, just let me know at the 'gater...

Thanks,

Pointy (The Keeper Of The Porta Potty Keys)

13. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    FYI - Tickets for the game are down to as low as $12 on StubHub.com. That's a whole lot a fun for a few bucks :)

14. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I'll bring potato salad, kraut and some goodies :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

15. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I bought a jar of sauerkraut too, along with some beef franks and hot dog buns. I also still have an extra ticket, will take less than face value for it, and I will bring it to the tailgate.

16. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    See you all in the tailgate area... Go Bolts!

17. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I know it's a little late, and not sure if anyone will see this but I'm planning on coming with my wife. I figure we'll just bring a few dogs and buns and some cookies or something. And beer!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Awesome! We are here and parking lot is rockin already :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I wanted to wrap up by saying a thing or two about this get-together:

We had a visitor, guy that wrote a book about going to 40 NFL football games a couple of years ago, ('Tailgate To Heaven') a Brit named Adam Goldstein, super cool guy, along with his fiance' Stef, and a friend of theirs Lauren, who was promoting Tailgate Beer, a brewery with offices in San Diego, but brewed in Monroe, Wisconsin.
    As far as the group that showed up, it was Ivan (EMB), Sydalish, the Lunch Lady (Syd's Mom), a friend of Ivan's (Scott), Pure-Sol and his wife. Oh, and myself of course. Also, a buddy of mine from Imperial Valley showed up and had a couple of beers with us, Tim and one of his co-workers, Gary I think. The magic cooler turned up an extra six pack of Tecate (Ivan) and a six pack of Bud Lite. (Alan?) It was a kind of light showing. I also think that the stats people padded the numbers when they said that 55,000 people showed up for the game. It looked more like 45,000... It was a little warm, but we held our spot pretty well. And we probably had the best police protection money could buy...
    As far as the Porta Potty fund is concerned, we took in 65 dollars in donations from three persons who paid for their annual usage fees.

Pointy :cool:

20. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Yeah, I left the beer and captain with the intention of coming back after the game, but we had to leave a little early due to some stuff so I guess early Merry Christmas? Haha. We'll see you all Saturday, and maybe more people! Oh, and Adam Goldstein's book is pretty good so far, I'm about a quarter of the way through it. I was a little disappointed when he talked about coming to the Q and how so far it was one of the more negative receptions he had got, along with some Jets fans talking about being spat upon, but it was cool because he talked about meeting the Bolttalk crew, and specifically mentioned Ray and Trumpy. :tup:

21. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    ^^^ Don't worry, I have the beer and will bring it on Saturday, and Ivan has the Captain, guess he will have Sally (Boltage Bimbo) bring it back. Even though there were only 7 of us, that was not a bad little get-together...

22. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I would love to make it to one of these tailgates, likely on a Monday or Thursday night game, does anyone know what the price and availability of the wheel chair slots are in the stadium? I can not afford season tickets but I could see someday going to a single game.

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Hmm...that is a good question. Guess maybe a call to the Chargers ticket office is in order?

24. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Yes it is, but it is useless to try on call on a Sunday, I was hoping that somebody would have this knowledge in their noggin and save me the hassle...