1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fish beginning to rot from the head?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Osmekaman, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    The release of Hart and re-signing of Scott (so good he was replaced by a PS player) throws up real fundamental questions regarding the strategic planning of this franchise.

Everyone knew Hart was mince. However, there was always the hope that he would come good. This is fine when he is an up and coming young player learning his trade. However, not so good when he is a starter.

This is not the roster we all believe we had - a bit of fine tuning etc, etc. It is clear the Bolts need to upgrade every position except QB, WR and TE.
    We are now seriously depending on a Rookie RG, OLB, and now probably SS. if these guys don't pan out then we will have had 3 sub-par drafts and have a roster teetering on the brink of mediocrity.
    There are many well documented points of view regarding AJ's prowess however, he could be at make or break point.
    I myself am a big AJ fan. However whereas before I marvelled at his audacity, I now cross my fingers and hope.

Coaching
    Forget about duff gameplans, no motivation, suspect play calling - I am seriously concerned by the regression in the play of some stars.
    McNeil, Dielman, Phillips, Cromartie, Chambers - all Pro-Bowl type players in the prime of their lives who aint delivering dominating performances.
    If it was one or two OK, but how can we explain a whole host of players underperforming?

There is a lot riding on Mondays game, but more than one result will tell us the future of this team.

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Interesting choice of thread title. :icon_huh:

3. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Some old Chinese proverb that a fish rots from the head down - ie the management is starting to stink.
    Not to be confused with the nickname sometimes associated with the NFL team from Miami.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

We already are.

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

5. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Many people would have you think that the teams poor play is based on a massive coincidence. That the poor play of this team is a series of horribly timed individual failures rather than a centralized systemic issue. I will defer to Occam's Razor on this one.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    at least B4L didnt start this one

• Like Like x 1
  7. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

WR is going to be an issue at the end of the season too. Depending on what he wants $$ I am pretty sure this is Chambers last season as a Charger contract wise. Buster Davis is exactly that (Buster), I like Malcolm Floyd, however there will need to be depth at WR come this offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Spanos has the fans right where he wants them (by the balls and wallets).

How do you think A.J. Smith felt when Dean stepped on his dick in signing LT?

Spanos is about to pull an Art Modell.

Who is with me to hear me play TAPS when the moving vans arrive at the fortress ?

The end is near. :yes: :icon_evil:

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If anyone was in attendance the home game Alex Spanos was introduced to the fans, you will remember the boos and **** thrown at his box. :yes: A deja vu is about to happen. Bookmark it. :bolt:

10. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    The sky is not falling, we could easily be 3-1, and the tone around here would be different. Yes, there are issues, let's wait until Monday night!

Keep the faith! :bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Nice post. :tup:

Ur right, how can we explain a whole host of guys underperforming!!?.

Answers on a postcard.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I fully plan on enjoying the rest of the season. I'm not even saying that a Super Bowl is impossible. Improbable at this point... yes.

However, this isn't because the Bolts are 2-2. Ws and Ls have nothing to do with it at this point in the season. They could be 4-0 but it still wouldn't change the fact that this has been a deeply troubled team over the past three years. And a team experiencing these sorts of troubles are going to have a much lower probability of winning a Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 2
  13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Time to lower our expectations. We need to go back to the days when we expected nothing better than a .500 team. However, this makes me very sad. We were sold on the idea we had a super bowl winning caliber team. The last few years have shown us we don't.

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I put my expectations into major league "check mode." The same way we did for the 1-15 season.

Enjoy the team as entertainment but do not expect anything spectacular to happen.

Focus on your karma and tell everyone who disagrees with you to kiss yourass. :bolt:

15. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

I have an idea...let's blame everything on LT.:lol:

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Don't you already do that? :icon_banana:

17. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    And Norv.:flag:

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Way to man up. Warrior. :tup:

19. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    How we laughed when people mentioned the so called "window of opportunity" and how it would close due to LT's age and various contracts running out.
    We are a well run organisation with a conveyor belt of talent - or so we thought. We don't look to well run at the moment.And the conveyor belt of talent............the jury is still out.

Now we are beginning to alarmingly mirror the diminishing returns of the Air Coryell years.

20. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    lol, not here....This is bolttalk.com/blamecro