1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Florence back with Chargers as veterans kick off minicamp

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Jun 8, 2007.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    • Like Like x 1
  2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Considering how much money florence could make in free agency I'm having to guess he'll be walking. The chargers have to be careful now with how they construct their contracts because in two and three years the chargers will have to fork out huge contracts for merriman, mcneil, castillo, IGOR and a few others. Which means hopefully another cb type will step up this year to take florences job next year. Otherwise they'll probably have to get a good cb in the draft next year.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    If we dont sign Florence before the season starts he will have the ability gouge us for money as I believe he is on the cusp of a Pro Bowl year.

AJ needs to resign him NOW if we want to keep him, not in the offseason where he has leverage.

4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Keep Flo & Cro - trade Jammer.... :lol:

5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I think this is the biggest news in that article:

McCree healed
    Marlon McCree resumed practicing this week, participating in individual drills but not some team work.

The starting free safety sat out the final two days of minicamp last month, then watched every workout since from the sideline with lingering pain in his right knee. McCree suffered an injury at Denver in December and had worried he would miss the entire offseason.

His priority was to be totally healthy for training camp at the end of next month. But after practicing for the first time Monday, he declared, “I felt great. I'm back. No worries at all.”

I was concerned that the knee was swelling up. This is very good news that he's healing so well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    love that 'tar T/K... my favorite gurl...:abq1:

I hear her new movie is, well, eye opening...:yes:

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    My G'ma, Aunt and Uncle went to mini-camp today. I'll try to find out any info later, but I wouldn't expect much from them.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He wants to get top money now, what do you think he'll want in the off-season. The guy is as good as gone unless he decides he wants to be a Charger (like Dielman did) but I don't think he really cares, he probably wouldn't mind staying but I don't think it's really a priority.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I think D-flo's situation opens the starting spot for Cro by default around mid season. It also doesn't appear that D-flo is committed to staying with the Bolt's and getting a ring but rather that bank is his motivator. I guess you can't blame him but that's what it looks like to me.:bolt2:

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Depending on other offers we would more than likely not have the cap space for Flo if he's that hot a commodity. I don't know what effect past and future incentive clauses will have on next years cap figure. The first three of our picks look like they could collect on a few. Not sure what's in Rivers', VJ's or Floyd's contracts in that regard, but they look ready to blossom like Gwinn's belt size.