1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Flowers misses 4th practice, Liuget/Hardwick return...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Pretty much. Occasionally there's some interesting Charger news here.

I think I'll take your advice Leo.

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    I stopped watching/listening to our HC in September last yr. He says nothing. I'm ok with that... as long we are winning and he gets less conservative.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    If we are winning I don't care if he's conservative. Whatever gets us to more points than the other team at the final whistle is fine by me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    I think what he's saying is one will affect the other. I agree a little less conservativeness in the redzone would probably lead to more points, and therefore more wins.

The only reason to run the ball as much as we did and call those cutsie super short safe passes is because they didn't 100% trust Rivers not to make a mistake, and they should be past that phase of Rivers "fixing". I'd like to see them attack the endzone a little more from 10+ yards out.

5. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +498
    Yeah, I'm thinking that touchdowns are definitely way more cooler and stuff than like field goals.
    This is likely a new way of thinking that I'm sure no one has ever thought of before. If we could just get our ThunderHammer defense operational...the Lombardi will be a lock.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Perhaps I'm nitpicking his choice of wording there, but he said he wants us to win and to be less conservative. If the former is happening all else is irrelevant.

While I agree that less conservative could lead to more wins once he set forth the premise that we were winning nothing else should matter.