1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Floyd’s patience pays off

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Chargers.com

Casey Pearce
    11-5-09

Malcom Floyd has been in the starting lineup before, but being officially named a starter is rewarding for the fourth-year pro.

Although last week’s win over the Raiders marked Malcom Floyd[​IMG]’s first start of the season, it was actually the sixth of his career. Still, it was a significant one for Floyd.

“To be a steady starter is something that everyone works for and is everyone’s dream,” Floyd said. “I got a couple starts here and there, but I wasn’t necessarily the starter. I’ve worked hard to earn that title and I’m going to make the most of it.”

Floyd moved to the top of the depth chart at the “X” receiver position earlier this week when the team released Chris Chambers. It’s the culmination of a long climb for a player who went undrafted, spent most of two seasons on the practice squad and battled injuries early in his career. He believes each of those experiences have helped him along the way.

“The humbling experiences and the way that you have to go out there and play as a free agent, it’s made me the player that I am,” Floyd said. “All that combined made me mentally tough and helped make me who I am. I’m grateful for this opportunity.

Floyd’s 22.8-yards per reception leads all Chargers. He has 11 receptions on the season, but likely will see that number rapidly grow with an increase in playing time.

“We’re excited about what he can do playing every down, more plays in the game,” Head Coach Turner said. “He works hard and just continues to improve each week.”

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Glad for Floyd - make it pay off for the team, big guy!!

STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

I liked him from the beginning. THere were issues, if he would get injured too quick. Hope he has a fantastic season after Chambers is gone. Get the 2nd WR-spot Macolm !

4. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    From the first game he played, catching PR's first TD pass, I liked Floyd. He also made a pretty nice catch in that game against KC way back then and I thought to myself that he had some great hands and why wasn't he playing more.

I still don't understand why it takes these "genius" coaches so long to see what the average, arm chair fan sees years earlier.

Floyd also made a fantastic TD catch in a preseason game against Seattle several years ago. I think it was ruled out of bounds, but replay at home showed he was clearly in.... maybe one of the best catches I've seen from a Charger player. And he's ALWAYS making those kind of grabs. You don't see him showboat at all, either. VJ is into that but Floyd is just "catch it and go".

I like this..... I think we're going to see some great passing games now. Chambers had become a non factor.

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    M80!:abq2::flag::icon_toast:

6. LIGHTS

LIGHTS BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I haven't been a huge fan of Chambers, even before he became a Bolt. I love Floyd's hands and his ability to go get the ball. I'm happy for him and hope he does well for us the rest of the way

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChargersBKK

ChargersBKK BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    :flag::flag::flag: If we wanna win, call more plays to Floyd. :flag::flag::flag:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Time to really show your bolt ChargerBKK...you adopted Bolt made it big time! HE WILL DO GREAT! I just know it!:abq1:

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    FLOYD got alligator arms and dropped a catch he should have made today against the Giants.

I never saw Chamber wuss out on a catch.

10. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Yep...but give him time...he will get use to the hits and not shy away...give him a little time!:yes: