1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Floyd goes down in practice; CB Wright involved in collision

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 12, 2013.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Just want to note that this would be the second starting WR that had a collision with Wright and was injured.

Chargers really can't buy a break

2. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

3. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    It sucks big time that Floyd went down, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see if Royal can recreate his 2008 season and if Vincent Brown and Keenan Allen can deliver on the investments made on them.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,388
  5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I'm hoping for a broken bone vs. ACL/MCL type injury... this ******* blows :cry:

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,388
    Carted off the field an Floyd looking "dejected". Not liking this at all.

Maybe get Brandon Lloyd on the phone? I really don't know.

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,388
  8. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Oh my BOoSCH!!!!!!!!!

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    I've spoken my piece about Lloyd as far as his personality being cancerous to our locker room (not to mention him pricing himself out of what we're likely to be willing to pay), but I'd also point out that we're running much more of a West Coast look now which is predicated off of getting YAC which is the anti-thesis of Brandon Lloyd... the guy literally doesn't even try for them, just falls down or lets himself get tackled after making a catch.

The WR market is pretty scarce right now (Mike Sims-Walker maybe, Deion Branch, Brian Robiskie, bring back Laurent Robinson maybe?), but I don't believe Lloyd is the answer either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,388
    I agree. Robinson has had some looks from other teams recently, but not much more than that.

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Robinson actually looked solid running as a #2/#3 option in Dallas when Miles Austin was MIA with an injury. Then he signed a free agent deal similar to Meachem's with Jacksonville last season, but let's be real... no WR outside of the magnificence that is Cecil Shorts III is going to find much success with Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne as his quarterback options.

12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,500
    Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken
    Chargers practice ended about 20 minutes ago. Wide receivers last position group working on field. No coaches. Just them.

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,388

14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Okay, I suspect that the last couple of months are God's way of telling me to give Cricket another chance...

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Well if there's ANY good to this;

Philip Rivers has been very successful even with scrap heap WRs, as long as he gets some protection (he'll get better this year than last year).
    You will get to see what the kids (Allen & Brown) can do in a hurry, and the team could very well keep some intriguing young players (Tasker, Willie, DePalma)

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,500
    @UTgehlken: Initial MRI results show a sprain for Malcom Floyd. More testing coming Tuesday.” >Very good. Relative to feared ACL tear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,722
    If true, "very good" is a gross understatement when the other option was ACL tear.

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,500
    Indeed it is.....

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken29m
    Chargers are calling Malcom Floyd's knee injury a "strain," team spokesman tells me.

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken19m
    Knee strains require as few as 7 to 14 days for recovery, per Dr. Daniel Kharrazi, orthopedic surgeon at LA's Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken15m
    It's relevant to note Dr. Daniel Kharrazi has not evaluated Malcom Floyd personally.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    Hmmmm... Its a strain....

Is this like our 'No Injuries' in the Pre Season game that left 3 players unable to practice...

20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,388
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...malcom-floyd-has-knee-strain/#comment-2717051

21. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Floyd is a notoriously slow healer, however. So I'll be shocked if we see him again before Week One and honestly, I wouldn't be shocked to see this keep him out until Week 3 or 4 of the regular season.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I wouldn't be surprised if even longer, but better than season ending I guess. Still hate to see anyone go down, esp M80. Great guy, hard worker, bad luck with injuries.

That said, potential for some youngsters to step up and contribute, hopefully he can heal up without a need to rush.

I'm not expecting a massive turn-around with this team this season, we'd need some serious anti-injury karma considering our "depth" and that's never been our forte.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

23. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    Wow... we are dropping like flies. It's funny that about 2 weeks ago everyone agreed that wideout was where we were most deep. How ironic is it that the 2 starters have gone down and 1 of them is defo gone for the year (yet he is not on IR yet, explain that one to me?).

Mike Willie, the stage is yours man, come on go get it.

24. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +318
    We really need one or two of the WRs practicing with the twos to step up.
    I imagine the FO might be hesitant to dedicate additional resources to the WR group at this time since we're still in cap hell from AJ's last stand. IE: Plug the holes with what you got. No future draft pick trades. No fresh faces unless it's net zero swap out.

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    Mathews might be a 1000 yard rusher this season.... Only because there will be no on to catch the ball...

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,770
    They just wouldn't be the same old loveable Chargers without something going wrong. McCoy must be asking himself just what in hell he got involved in taking on a team with all of the damaged goods that are on it.

27. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    :roflmao:

28. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    And this is why fans should not be GMs. We always like the shiny new toy over the one that has provided us
    Thank you for providing the most idiotic comment of the day.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  29. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    Mike Willie and Dan Depalma have great shots to make this roster this year. Both have shown the desire to be out on the field. Lets hope they can step up. And like someone else said on twitter, Keenan Allen is going off as a 20-1 ROTY candidate. Might be some solid money made there considering how much he is going to have to play.

• Like Like x 1
  30. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Report: Malcolm Floyd out until at least Week One
    Posted by Josh Alper on August 13, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT

The Chargers breathed a sigh of relief on Monday when they learned that wide receiver Malcolm Floyd has a knee strain rather than a torn ACL, but it still may be some time before he’s able to return to the lineup.

Ed Werder of ESPN reports that Floyd will be out of the lineup until at least Week One as a result of the injury, which would leave the Chargers without two of the top three receivers on their depth chart when training camp got underway. Danario Alexandertore his ACL earlier in camp and will miss the entire season as a result.

Rookie Keenan Allen will likely step into Floyd’s role until the veteran is able to return while Vincent Brown will hold down the other starting receiver spot. Both of those players have injury histories of their own and any further losses would leave the Chargers to count on the likes of Robert Meachem and Eddie Royal to do almost all of the heavy lifting at receiver, which would not bode well for the Chargers passing game.

While that would be a change from the hand-wringing about the pass blocking in recent years, it wouldn’t be a welcome state of affairs in San Diego.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/13/report-malcolm-floyd-out-until-at-least-week-one/