1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Floyd Signs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chavez, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I reallly like this WR. They need to pump him up on HGH and anti-wusssy pills to get his asss off the IR list every year (or so it seems).

This dude has potential and not much love is thrown his way from the fans as well.

I bet after this year, all sorts of weenies will be saying they were on the Floyd wagon all along. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    i'm glad to hear this
    he's going to be a great WR for a long time to come

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I was throwing major love his way earlier this year, until he went on IR once again. Our offense was never quite the same without him. He was a major part of our comeback wins vs. Pittsburgh and Cincy.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    this was his first year REALLY playing on a team so I'd like to give it another year before giving him hte 'injury prone' label

hell jackson is still considered to be that still

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Floyd gets one more chance to stay healthy and then he's either with us for good or out of here.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Lies! All LIES!!!!!:icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  8. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Floyd is good. But he's got to stay healthy. Add a fast ,quick, smart, agile wr to the wr ranks and we should be set for years. A guy like curtis would fit the bill. But it sounds like he's going elsewhere. Or the rams mcdonald would fit the bill. Don't know whats up with that.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I like Floyd. Glad we are hanging on to him. I too wish he could stay healthy.

I think if we had VJ, MF, and EP all out there together we shoulkd be very solid. I'd love to see us get our hands on Steve Smith from USC to add to our recievers.

I also heard on NFLN that the Chargers have no interest in Kevin Curtis. :icon_shrug:

10. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    hmmm, I always thought of him as a Ed McCaffrey, Joe Jurevicius type (except not white). Hope he can be a solid #2 some day, with VJax as our non-narscisstic T.O.
    I still wanna Hakim-in-his-prime type that can be our field spreader (cough Curtis cough).

11. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Malcolm Floyd may have the best natural ability to catch the jump-ball of any receiver we've ever had. Watching him in practice and now a few times in real games he just has great hands. He really looks like he can be the complete package. Route-running and staying healthy are his two biggest question-marks, IMO. But I don't remember ever seeing him drop anything--and that includes practices and preseason games. I have high hopes for Floyd. He and Jackson could give us a one-two punch that's unstoppable, or they could be two huge disappointments. They're both at the crossroads right now, IMO.

12. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    how come we didnt sign him longterm? I thought he was an AJ favorite?

13. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I agree. We have the size in our WR's but we need more speed. I like KC to join us. He would compliment our offense, not taking too much away from LT.

14. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    There are a few good WRs in the draft that will go late first or early second. I think AJ might have a few in mind and if he sees them he will jump at the chance.

SS is obviously an issue but I think many of the 1st round SS will already be picked up. The remaining SS will be 2nd round and we will use our pick there.

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I was thinking the same thing... this year he gets his big chance if he can stay healthy. He should go work out with Merriman and do some boxing. He looks real fluid when running and catches almost every ball thrown his way. I'm glad my man is part of our team!.

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Floyd and Jackson should really open it up this year, the transition from college ball to the NFL should be complete. Now it's on both these guy to show their wares and prove to the league just how good they can be. Of course thats what I want, now it's up to them. **** or get off the pot.:bolt2:

17. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Probably just want to make sure he can get rid of the injury bugs before we commit long-term.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I've been a fan of Floyd for some time and think that he's been under utilized. I like him better than Eric Parker, but Vincent Jackson will be the real money receiver this coming season. Malcolm and Vincent could be one of the better duets in the league. I'm hoping Dwayne Bowe is available when the Chargers draft. After looking at what film is available, I like the guy a lot.

19. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    You said it very well - I have great expectations about both of them

20. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Jackson won me over last year. I see him as a stud on the come. He finished the season strong, and I look for him to really break out big this year, which in turn could really be great news for the offense as a whole.

Floyd is definitely at the crossroads...

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Floyd had some flashes of brilliance last year. VJ is going to be a stud.

22. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I'm just glad you didn't make any smartass comment about my choosing the phrase "stud on the come". I was a little worried about that. :lol:

Floyd did show some flashes, for sure, but he needs to do it over a 16 game season before I get excited.