1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

FLV to MP3

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Game123, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Game123

Game123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +97
    I was looking at converting FLV video format into MP3s. There are several software applications out on the market and my question is which software is the best and why?

Thanks in advance for any input you guys come up with!

Oedipus Rex

2. Game123

Ratings:
    +97
    Ok... I've just downloaded a program from a known and secure website. Its Quick Media Converter from Cocoon Software.

This is there product description...

Quick Media Converter is a powerful and very complete Free video and audio conversion software. Converts to and from formats including: flv, avi, divx, xvid, mpeg4, ipod, iphone, psp, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, DIVX, XVID, TS, DVD, VCD, MPEG, MPEG2, MP3, WAV, amr, m4a, mp4, vob, mov, h264, h263, wmv, wma. Resizing Cropping and also Web Cam or DV Cam fluxes capture to avi divx . Batch Conversions supported, desktop activity recording. Also Included are two users modes: Mode 1--Easy Mode Very intuitive : For all users includes: standard conversions settings to allow users to convert quickly without having any particular skills. Convert In 3-5 clicks. Now also includes custom resizing possibility where appropriate and thumbnails capture. Mode2--Expert mode: For skilled and more experienced users, allows more flexibility and more specialized conversions settings such as cropping bitrates frequency rates, sizes ,aspect, includes much more codecs and requires good knowledge of video and audio conversion.

3. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    If it's for a Windows box, then SUPER is a good one that's free and converts basically anything to anything. Very powerful and easy to use. For a Mac, VisualHub is one that I use but it isn't updated anymore. Still probably the most powerful of the one's that I've seen for converting formats.

4. Game123

Ratings:
    +97

Thanks! The one I mentioned above is not working as it should. It basically sucks. I wanted something that could take YouTube vids and convert them to MP3s. I also wanted to convert some of my personal vids to FLVs since I use FLVs on my business website. I appreciate the heads up and will look into SUPER.

:tup: