1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Flying to PATS@Chargers Game!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JAMMER, May 30, 2008.

1. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +182
    After chearing from Montréal Canada for 30 years now...Will be finally attending my first Chargers Game ever!

October 12th at Qualcomm VS the Pats... Got the plane tickets, got the game tickets buy on EBay Field 36 (any good?) just book the Hotel Downtown! I am pump and ready to Tailgate with some of you!

We will be 2 men in our party... 42 yrs old... will bring french champagne... Trumpet or tumper got a tailgate going on on J2? music? early game on TV...

Can we take a cab from downtown to the Q around 11:00 am?

GO CHARGERS!

• Like Like x 1
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Congratz and I hope you have an awesome time! Tailgate details will probably be sketchy until we get closer to the season. But I'm sure you'll find a good crew and share some good times. :tup: :bolt:

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Congrats, dude! I'm flying in from VA for the KC game 11/9 - my first, too.

Have a great time!! :tup:

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    F36 is 50 yard line, Chargers side. That's where I am at this year.

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    As for a cab from Downtown, just take the trolley. Cheaper/easier. Take a cab back if you don't want to deal with the line to get back on after the game.

6. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +340
    Get there much earlier for an enhanced experience. I get there about 730am and it still feels like it flys by. Youll want to hang out longer. Tailgating is half the experience. :flag:

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Congrats and the parking lot will be rockin for that one and I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding people to get down with.

Man this makes ME excited for this season. :abq2::icon_party::abq1:

8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    The Pats game is at 5:15pm. The parking lot probably won't open till noon.

9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    We don't take kindly to facts 'round here! :lol:

10. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Congratulations! Be forewarned, attending Charger games is highly addictive! Go Chargers!

BTW, what row in F36?

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    What row in the field section are your tickets? If they are too low, your view will be obstructed by the players on the sideline.

Definitly come to our tailgater. We'll get you all the details before your trip. :tup:

Congrats on making it to your first game in San Diego. you'll have a blast!

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    THat's awesome JAmmer! and I agree w/ Drunk, spend as much time tailgating and wandering the parking lot before the game as you can.

way to represent the great white north:icon_toast:

13. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +182

first row.... to low.. but will feel the action

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    You'll be close to the players, but unfortunately they'll be blocking your view of the game. You may have to watch most of the game on the jumbotron. But, you'll till have a blast. It's still worth it to see a game like that, just because you are so close.

15. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +182
    We will have fun!:icon_toast:

16. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +182
    Anyone else flying from out of town for this game?

17. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    Every game, buddy, although I don't have to travel very far (northern California). There some season ticket holders that fly in from Baltimore, Vegas, D.C., South Carolina, NYC, that I know of. You're going to have a great time.

FWIW you might want to upgrade your tickets, your view will be almost completely obstructed, I sat in Field 36, row 4 many years ago and I could not see much except the ball on passes and punts. You won't have any trouble selling the tickets you have. Perhaps moving up and away from the 50 will get you a better view at a similar cost. As far as where to get better tickets maybe someone else here can chime in???

18. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,452
    I wouldn't sit in Field unless I had to. You're just too low, it's hard to get a good view of the game. Of course if you just want to be close to the action, they're great.

19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    hell dude Megold flies in from NY:icon_eek:

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,068
    I still remember back in 02 I spent extra money to buy field level seats for my dad and I and we spent the entire game with the player's asses at eye level. I'm much happier in view because i can see everything.

Jammer it'll be a blast to have you out there, and we are going to be merciless to the patriots and their fans

21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,452
    The seats I had last year were the best I ever had. I bought them off eBay from a guy so I would have a few extras, and liked them so much I never sat in my regular seats. They were endzone, but up high in View. Looking straight at the scoreboard, great view of the formations, holes opening, etc. This year I have the same section (22), but in loge.

Of course, the key to the end zone seats is being high enough. I got some once right behind the end zone, but lowest level. They were great when things came to that end, but the rest of the time you pretty much had to watch on the Jumbotron. And of course that day every score happened at the other end except one field goal.

22. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942

Loge 22 is great! You are right on top of the action.

23. 31-last2years-4

31-last2years-4 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    sounds like a long way to go and an expensive trip. You should fly in for another game instead... ask around, awfully depressing place to be after the game.

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Haha, I'll bite. We are SO gonna beat your cheating asses down this year. You're old, you're slow, you're not sweetheart of the ball any more. Your prom dress has questionable stains & people whisper when you walk by. Game, set, match. You, my chowda-sucking friend, are DONE. Goodell may give you chumps a pass, but not the rest of us. Only the truly blind are still clamped to your leprous privates.

This game will sound the knell that there is a new champ in town - younger, more talented, faster, smarter, tougher, & most importantly - an HONEST winner. :tup:

Prepare to get your *** kicked. :icon_twisted:

25. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,673
    Not nearly as expensive or as depressing as those Pats fans who flew to AZ only watch Eli & the NY D rip their hearts out.:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  26. 31-last2years-4

31-last2years-4 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    they probably just used their frequent flyer miles from all those other times, when they won.

Here's the killer that no one has mentioned, and amunition for all you bolt fans, and making the assumption the celts don't choke and lose to LA. The Sox won. IF the Celtics win then the Pats will have lost the trifecta for Boston. That would suck. :icon_evil:

27. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Why don't you back your mouth and join us for the fun? :icon_huh:

28. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,673
    Yeah, right, whatever. BRUINS SUCK! :yawn:

29. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +182
    just received my 2 tickets for the Pats Game section 36 row 1... wow i am exited!

30. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,558
    I'm going to be at this game, too. It will be my last game for the next few years, as I'm going to be leaving the country in November. I'm pumped to see the Bolts beat down the Patsies.