1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Foley Shot!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Sep 3, 2006.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    All Coronado cops are A-Holes!

If you were able to find the data, I bet you would find that 50% of all Tickets that are written in San Diego County, come from Cornado Cops!

2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I didn't think you did, but I kinda liked what you two wrote. :lol:

3. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    That's about as likely as me giving you another 20 IQ points so you could hit the 100 mark.:icon_rofl:

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976

That line also works with Raider fans

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hmmm...dude u suck. :icon_banana: :yes: :tdown:

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    That is no rumor, that is a fact. One of the reasons that added to his departure from KC. The bible belt folk kind of frown on that behavior.

7. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I gave a half arsed apology.:icon_mrgreen: some folks are nutz about this story

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I called BS here and not there so I do not owe anybody ****....:lol:

9. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Hey Derwin,

Dumb and nutless is no way to go through life.:icon_tease:

10. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    some folks like to play high and mighty and bash the bashers. but i never insulted the guy, just doubted him, others called him a troll

11. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    SOMETHING STINKS ABOUT FOLEY SHOOTING

Chargers linebacker Steve Foley was shot several times by an off-duty police officer on Sunday. As explained more fully below, there's something about the incident that strikes us as suspicious, if not sinister.

Foley allegedly was driving erratically early Sunday, and the officer followed him for roughly 10 miles. Foley allegedly failed more than once to heed the officer's order to pull over.

Then, when Foley arrived at his home and got out of the car, the officer fired several times at Foley when he reached into his pants.

Foley underwent surgery on Sunday, and his injuries are not considered to be life threatening.

The full story as to how the matter unfolded appears in the San Diego Union-Tribune, and if it's all true (and that's a big "if" in our mind) we can understand why the officer would have opened fire.

Here's our concern. Why in the hell didn't the off-duty officer in an unmarked car ask for some on-duty officers in marked cars to rendezvous with him in support of the attempt to arrest Foley? Apparently, the officer advised "other law enforcement agencies" of what he was doing. Why not also ask those "other law enforcement agencies" to send out a car or two to pull over a guy who clearly wasn't going to listen to the off-duty guy who tried twice to persuade Foley that he was a cop and that he had a real gun?

"That's a BB gun," Foley said when stopping his vehicle and getting out of the car before Foley drove away and later arrived at Foley's home.

Look, we've all heard news reports of people posing as cops and then trying to rob or otherwise do harm to private citizens. So wouldn't it have made sense for the officer in this case to have at some point called for backup?

The fact that Foley already was in trouble for an April incident in which he allegedly resisted arrest and struck an officer prevents us from dismissing the notion that this was an inside job perpetrated by one or more officers who have a grudge against Foley, and who were looking to set him up for more trouble on the eve of the start of the football season.

We're not suggesting that the intended result was the shooting of Foley. It's possible that the situation simply got out of control. But we find it to be a very odd coincidence (at best) that an off-duty officer just happened to be in position to scrutinize the behavior of a high-profile guy who surely has few friends on the force, given that he tried to beat one up less than five months ago.

Heck, we're not ready to rule out the possibility that one or more off duty officers have been "inadvertently" crossing paths with Foley ever since he allegedly roughed up one of their brethren, all in the hopes that they could either catch him committing a crime, or bait him into doing so.

Our gut feeling after reading the article is that, at a bare minimum, this matter needs to be carefully and thoroughly investigated in order to confirm that Foley wasn't merely the victim of guys with guns and badges who might be tempted to abuse that authority as to someone whom they don't like.

12. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    hey now, I never personally called him names, I just did not believe him, but I do state we are not sure if its true or not. I never said it was not true, just that I did not belive him and that I was watching the TV for the story. But part of it was I just woke up so he took some of my crakyness before the coffee. Byu the time I got back to the computer yesterday that thread was 80 pages long.

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Va was callin for an IP ban!!:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :icon_rofl:

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is what I first suspected.

Nimrods such as leisure are quick to say "Foley never plays again" and if he indeed was "set-up", then those who have condemned the man should pay for their transgression by giving up a left testicle (if they can find them). :)

15. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    naw I did, but I said if it was not supported, not to ban him for no reason, just if the news ended up bein a lie, they do this at alot of other sites

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The guy posted stuf that, at the time was unsubstantiated by any reputeable news accounts or anything...if anyone does that, the post should have a caveat of sorts to avoid bein called stuff.

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Do you think as an employer you want to risk a lawsuit after a player has stood up for his rights and will be a champion to the fans and players?

This would make him a martyr and you don't kill a martyr unless you have balls the size of god.

Think man think....If he recovers in 6 weeks to take the field amidst allegations of police inproprieties ---

Stop burying the man while he still has a legal heartbeat at retribution.

He had charges dropped in his earlier case and maybe this has been festering for a while. You or I do not know this.

Payback is a biitch and like revenge is a dish best served cold.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,194
    Under the circumstances I find no humor in this.