1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Foley Shot!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398
    Maybe he cop was Raider fan? Are you stopping just short of that theory?

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah no **** I thought the same thing as well as he was unloading his unborn....I think I would mash on the accelerator as well and drive like a raped ape....

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    I'm currently sailing off the coast of Nocal in a friend's boat with a shaky wireless internet connection. I'll make an appearance there when I can. What I said about davey jones was that he was either a troll or he lacked the mental capacity to explain how he knew what he knew. I stand by what I said. The guy was incapable of explaining how he knew what he knew. He gave no specific info, no details to back up his story. Just that his dad lived in Foley's neighborhood. I asked him to clarify and he disappeared. I'll apologize to the guy for the troll comments, but the guy is still a bit of a tard.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Shortly before being shot, putting your career in jeopardy?:icon_huh:

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If you think about it he is coming home from a dinner party and it could have happened that way.

I smell a "set-up" in all of this. It just is not passing the litmus test....this story is just too fishy and has holes like a slice of swiss cheese....

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'll apologize. But I don't know what for. Can one get points by apologizing now for a future dumb thing that one will post.

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    On the GTP forum, there is a poster by the name of "boltsmagiclv" who says the woman with Foley is his cousin (not Foley's, the poster's). He said she called his family from jail after the incident.

http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/san-diego-chargers-nfl-discussion/12678-girl-foley.html

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398
    And you and others right off the bat crucified him. There was no concrete statements that said Foley was shot, but there WAS a report that there was a shooting in Poway.

Sometimes posters are too quick to jump on a guy.

Maybe you should take your shaky internet connection there instead of here.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Agree. I am left wondering why he had no pepper spray or tazers.

I think the guy is a Raiders fan.

10. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    You never miss a chance to take a shot at me sleazure, but for the record, in my other post I said the guy was either a troll or a developmentally disabled teenager who lacked the ability to accurately explain what he knew and how he knew it.

Looks like the latter turned out to be true. When I have a chance, I will apologize to Davey for calling him a troll. But given the facts, I think most would have assumed he was a troll.

1. the guy registered just to post negative stuff about a charger player.

2. the story he reported was not being covered by a single media outlet 7-8 hours after the incident.

3. The guy changed the source of his info on the incident several times, without ever providing a clear explanation as to how he had the information.

Given that set of facts, who wouldn't have suspected the guy to be a troll?

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    the ut board takes about ten minutes to load with this connection. this one takes much less. when i'm back home, not bouncing around in the ocean, i will take the time to draft a thoughtful apology to mr. jones.

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The story made it sound like he was doing 30-90 MPH on the freeway when in fact the chase speeds went through the freeway and a residential area so the speeds are indeed 30 mph but the story makes it seem as though he was doing 30 MPH on the freeway.....

Almost hitting other cars ? Hmmm.... He came to a stop light and had the where-with-all to STOP and there was an exchange of "words" at a red light (presumably).

Another player or somebody said they were with Foley 30 minutes earlier but he was not drunk.

After Foley makes the comment "that looks like a BB gun" and walks away and gets in his car, the officer should have realized he needed back up and used common sense Foley suspected the officer was not legitimate *Unless the officer had an ulterior motive*

I just may get to 5,000 posts after all with Sluggo by the opener if I keep stirring the pot of "who-done-it's" :icon_mrgreen:

13. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I never saw anything that anyone had been shot, once that first report came up, I became a beliver. but whatever, for me it was that he had 2 posts, about one subject, so how often have we seen a troll make a username to start chit like this.

They way you present stuff makes it belivable or not.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    My thoughts on this as well. I think the 'off duty' cop might have been the one drinking.

15. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    you can think it's bull if you want, but when I get home tonight i'll post something to davey. i could care less about what a "famous poster from san diego thinks." I have international cred, biatch.:icon_tease:

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Oh my, L has a title that stuck that doesnt involve the letters E G or Y...:icon_rofl:

17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The other forum has over a 1,000 posts since yesterday. I think thats a record other than the draft threads.