1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football Gameplan's 2011 NFL Mock Draft Video - Version 4

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by EmDiggy, Mar 1, 2011.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29

Good Afternoon Chargers Fans!! Here's Version 4 of my Mock Draft..this one is a 3 Rounder!

Enjoy!

Em

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Hope what happens in your first plays out that'd be awesome. Don't like your selections in the second, third round is ok

3. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29
    Thanks Homie!!

4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Well ill say this. That was very different from any mock ive seen and looks like it took some time so props for that. I enjoyed it but many of those picks i find bizarre. A few players you have going to teams that IMO dont even fit that teams scheme. I will mention a few without trying to be harsh because i liked the way you did it.

Are you picking Houston to the Saints to play OLB in their 4-3? Not a good fit if you did to name one. Torrey Smith at #94? Im betting AJ Smith dont let him go that far...lol Did he fail a drug test?

Jeremy Beal and his tortoise 5.16 forty at #84? That guy will fall like a stone coupled with his terrible senior bowl week where he struggled to beat anybody on the OL. Kendric Burney...2nd round?...Really? Im thinking 5th-6th and then he ran a 4.72 to insure that for me.

Rahim Moore IMO isnt close to a mid first round talent. I dont think any safety's will go first round and i bet maybe only 1, possibly two...maybe, goes round 2. This safety class isnt very good as far as high talent goes.

No way Mallett is going top 15. I dont know if he goes top 15 in round 2. That guy has really dug a hole for himself. That was bizarre that yto put him there even after teh combine where he bombed his interviews and looked like a big time douche. Id also be shocked in Newton goes in from of Gabbert. Newton hasnt come off as a great guy either and didnt do very well when asked about simple football plays.

I agree with some too. I like Kaepernick and think he goes before both Mallet and Locker in the 2nd round.

Just my opinions which really means nothing in the grand scheme.

5. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29
    THanks Homie! I appreciate the feedback! I think you're putting too much stock in the combine results...just watch those guys play Football and you'll understand why. I hate when people bring up Torrey Smith...this dude is Troy Williamson 2.0..HE CANT CATCH.. Don't know why people are catapulting him up to the 1st round. Rahim Moore is VERY talented..you just don't snag 10ints and be average.. You have to trust what you see for yourself on film and ignore the glorified workout called The NFL Scouting Combine

Houston to the Saints makes sense because the Saints go to a 30 look on 3rd downs and had issues getting after the QB.. and also on certain passing downs, they love to get more pass rushers on the field..which is why I gave them Houston..a player that can play with both his hand on/off the ground

6. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Im not basing things solely on the combine. Ive seen many of these guys play and i watch a lot of college ball. What Rahim Moore did was last year. He didnt do much this year with only 1 int and 4 passes defended. Sometime INT's are luck too. How many get dropped that were thrown right at DB's? And how many times have you seen a guy havea good year as a junior, stay in school and then tank as a senior and his stock drops? Locker ring a bell? I remember that safety from UNLV about 5 years ago who had 10 INTs as a junior and was rated high like Moore and then stayed in school. Had a year similar to Moore and didnt get drafted. Not saying that will happen to Moore because that other guy (i cant recall his name) ran a 4.75 at the combine. The combine isnt going to make or break you but it will hurt you if you tank it. Ask Jonathan Dwyer.
    Moore isnt that great. He isnt that fast. Its all opinion but i say no way he goes mid first round. He isnt an elite safety and usually safeties dont go real high anyways. Polamalu was a better prospect and he went #16. You'll see. You have him overrated.
    I wouldnt be surpised that the first safety comes off the board in the 3rd round and even if it dont happen, IMO Moore in mis first round is crazy. Too many other players with more talent.

Agree Torrey Smith drops passes and he dont like going in the middle of the field much either but i never said he was a first rounder. He is a 2nd and i doubt he goes into the deep 3rd. You can work thru drops. I havent seen Braylon Edwards drop a pass in two years.

I have seen plenty on the field and i dont like Jeremy Beal at all. The combine just solidified for me that he will be a late round pick because he was overhyped and then he ran so slow, teams will shy away. You can run slower than a lot of offensive linemen did and expect to still be picked high.

I also like Kendric Burney for ST's and always thought he would be a 5th or so pick but again, when you run a 4.72.....like it or not, that is going to hurt you. Especially when you arent very big to begin with.
    Not buying Houston to the Saints but we'll see. They need probably two OLB's and just dont think Houston will fit there. He may not even make it that far in the first round.

7. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44
    I agree with the 1st round pick of J.J. Watts but after that? Why in the world would we pick a WR & TE with the next two picks? Other than defensive help to stop the run and presure the QB, we need a LT/RT to help Mathews break clean from the line.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    1. JJ Watt - Think the Chargers would jump for joy at that happening. Love this kid
    2a. Kelvin Sheppard - ILB isn't as important, especially with so many options in FA, as OLB or RT. I don't know why Aldon Smith is THAT far down but if he's staring the Chargers in the face, no way he'd get past them. Too good.
    2b. Jerell Jennigan - not my top choice at WR, very rough and small school prospect. If I had to go WR here I'd go Titus Young but i'd sooner believe the Chargers would go Orlando Franklin OT Miami. Following your draft I think I'd take a flyer on Mark Herzlich from Boston COllege
    3a. Jah Reid UCF - I'm intrigued by him but I'd go Casey Matthews here assuming I went Orlando Franklin second rounder. Rather not bet against the Matthews clan
    3b. Not a bad pick and a need for sure BUT since Vincent Brown and Randall Cobb are there, I don't think i'd pass on either. HEard that Charlie Joiner thinks the world of Brown

9. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Per Rotoworld

Rahim Moore - DB - Player

Despite being the top safety on many draft boards, UCLA's Rahim Moore is unlikely to be a first-round pick.
    Moore's athleticism failed to wow at last week's Combine, and he also reportedly "turned off some teams in the interview room." Not a good combination if you're hoping to be a first-round pick.

I call it, overhyped! Wouldnt shock me if he isnt a 2nd round pick. But i wouldnt bet against that, i would him being a first though.

10. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    If he falls to our first pick in the second, I'd think long and hard about selecting him, especially with the uncertainty that Weddle might not be back and we don't have anything outside of Gregory/Sanders/Stuckey

11. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    I wouldnt pick him in the 2nd round either.