1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades video - Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EmDiggy, May 15, 2012.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34

Good afternoon Chargers fans! Here's my Draft Grades video for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Thanks for the love for Bolttalk

The only thing I'd note is that the Chargers got three positions of need with their first three picks and, at least IMHO, three starters down the road. I think that should've boosted the grade to an A- but I think that's knitpicking

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Nice job Em...... for once, somebody noticed a couple of our undrafted guys as well. :tup:

Few teams have as good a record as the Chargers in turning undrafted guys into players. We might not have drafted a CB, but we just signed one after the rookie minicamp tryouts.... Arthur Hobbs.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nice work, Em. I think Green is going to turn into something pretty special as a pass-catcher. :tup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    with all the veteran wr's we have signed idk how embree or cox would make the final 53

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    practice squad?

7. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks Gang!! I'm impressed with what you guys did in the draft.. Now I guess I have to have a soft spot for you guys since now we (Cajuns) now have one of our own on your roster! LOL

8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Well, we could use a little Ragin' on this team. ;)

9. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    good point i just assumed he meant the final 53... maybe they could develop like malcom floyd did for us :inlove:

10. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +136
    I still dont understand all this CB talk...

People keep saying "we need insurance for Jammer"... and for some reason nobody trusts Gilchrist, even though he played so well when Jammer was hurt last year that instead of replacing him, they took Cason out for a few weeks and left him in there, and that was his first time ever playing CB in the NFL...

And then Wright is a different story, but he's got TONS of potential. He's 5'11" 185, but extremely quick breaking on the ball, and physical as all hell. He's more of a Asante Samuel type risk taker than a safe CB, but that isn't a horrible thing if you put a S over top of him like we do very often.

We may need a true #1 CB next year, but there were none in this draft that could even be considered that where we were picking, and he would've been our 4th or 5th CB anyway. Its just dumb to think that we would draft a replacement for Jammer this year, when we have two guys who very well could do that in Gilchrist/Wright this year.

11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't understand downgrading a draft because the team didn't draft a corner, while liking all of the draft picks that were made...