1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Football Gameplan's 2016 NFL Mock Draft - January

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by EmDiggy, Jan 8, 2016.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
  2. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I wouldn't be disappointed with getting Ramsey, but would prefer to trade down a few slots to get him if this is where we would be looking to pick him up. I think Jalen might still be available in that 5-8 range, there will likely be a top 5 team taking a QB and probably at least 1 more taking OT, hopefully we could exploit that and have someone else trade up to get their guy if Ramsey is our target.

3. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +242
    Well that's definitely a Charger pick, to totally ignore the trenches and take a DB. I like Ramsey a lot but only if Bosa and Tunsil are gone. Even then, I can't see taking him over Stanley but I'd at least listen to the argument. And I really can't see Treadwell going #2 overall. He's a good player, but not a #2 overall pick type of player

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I have a man crush on Will Fuller.

I get this feeling about at least one player every year, this is the first time it's been on a WR. That kid is going to be a star.

Other smaller man crushes....
    DT Robert Nkemdiche
    DT Sheldon Rankins
    TE Hunter Henry
    FS Darian Thomson

5. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +242
    I like Fuller a lot as well. Wouldn't have any problem taking him at the top of the second if he's still available. He's better than Dorsett, who went late first last year, so I'm not holding my breath on him being there.

6. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +306
    Nkemdiche is a head case that disappears in games after making the occasional flashy play. And his stats completely back up exactly what I am saying. Pass.

Because my stepdaughter goes to Arkansas, I got to see just about all of their games (as my wife insisted upon watching them and a spouse willing to watch football is something to be encouraged :)). From what I saw, Henry is WAY overrated--nothing special about him at all, even against college players. Why do you like him as a player?

As far as Arkansas players go, an OG potential sleeper pick that kind of caught my attention was Sebastian Tretola (All-SEC, 2nd team All-American). On the biggest OL on the planet, this was the guy that stood out as the baddest "mutha" of them all. If he falls in the draft to say round 4, he might make a very nice value pick (although I am totally on board with Boehm as the round 4 pick as has been discussed elsewhere by both of us).

I haven't seen enough of Thompson to have a clear opinion about him.

Rankins didn't stand out to me when I watched Louisville, but that might have been because I was paying attention to Devonte Fields, who is an intriguing day 3 possibility to me (even with the checkered history).