1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football Gameplan's Chargers vs Falcons Video Preview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EmDiggy, Sep 20, 2012.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29

Good afternoon Bolt fans! Good luck this week!

Em

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I expect the Falcons to move the ball through the air, but in spite of that I think we can run a balanced attack with the return of Mathews that will keep the ball out of Ryan's hands. Kaeding needs to keep the ball away from Rodgers as much as possible - get back to the touchbacks that we saw week 1. Gonzalez is always a threat - I see him hurting us more, particularly in the red zone, than the White/Jones tandem. I look for Ingram to play much more ... we need his pass-rushing skills in this game more than we need JJ's run defense.

Em, you kinda messed my strategy up picking us to win. Now I have to agree with you! :p

Chargers 37, Falcons 31

3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Hmmm...Em likes the Titans to beat the Chargers, but not the Falcons. Curious.
    And, oddly, he seems to be assuming Ryan Mathews won't play. Curiouser.

I think Buck's numbers are high...we have two good defenses, and two uncharacteristically
    one-dimensional offenses. I'm expecting something like a 20-17 game...too close to call.
    If Mathews is able to play more than 10 snaps, then I think the Chargers take it.
    Of course, I'd LOVE a 37-7 Charger win...but I just think that these teams are too evenly matched.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Shootout

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Ha ha! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29
    Lol! Thanks Gang! I had confidence in the Titans defense.. The Falcons defense will be even thinner in the secondary this week.. Could prove to be the key factor. I didn't mention Mathews, because I wasn't too sure of his status and even if he's ready to go, I wouldn't expect a huge workload from him. I think you guys' passing game being able to threaten vertically will give you guys the advantage

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, looks like Owens will be out for Atlanta as well. They're as thin (or thinner) at CB as we are. I believe we can go 2 or even 3 TE sets & work that D underneath until Floyd/Meachem open up over the top.

Like I said - Ryan will get yardage, but I really believe we can outgun them overall.

8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Wait...... did Em pick us this week??? :confused:

Now, I am a little worried. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I'm going Anti-Em (no pun intended), it's worked so far: Falcons 26 Chargers 23

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We're not playing in Kansas. ;)

Chargers 37 Falcons 31