1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Football Gameplan's Draft Grades Video - Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EmDiggy, May 17, 2011.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34

Good Afternoon Chargers Fans! Here's my Draft Grades Video!

Enjoy!

Em

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thanks for the input, man. I like the Liuget pick a lot - really believe that he's going to bring a no-nonsense, will to overpower his opponent type of attitude to this DL. I watched Gilchrist quite a bit as I live in ACC land & he's a baller. Hell, Cromartie might have stuck longer if we had been willing to utilize him in the return game. You have to be willing to use a player's skill sets, regardless of the chance for injury.

I wanted Jerrell Jernigan, who was picked immediately following Brown. Feel he's a more explosive playmaker. However, Brown has great hands & is an excellent route runner. I think he'll make Rivers a pretty happy camper.

The rest of the picks definitely showed how much emphasis AJ decided to give towards helping right our ST ship. C+ is probably about right, although the homer in me would want to bump it up to a B/B-.

Thanks again.

3. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks Homie!! I really like the Chargers roster.. this draft is more along the lines of depth..However, I wouldn't be surprised if at least 2 of these rookies make a HUGE impact

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Nice breakdown Em.
    I'm not sure about the drafting for depth strategy though (if that's what AJ was doing). The Bolts are short at LB--not only do we need depth there, we need guys who will start by year 2 at the latest. It's not 'one of the most talented starting rosters' in the league, as folks have stated over the last few years. We were 8-8 a few years ago and 9-7 last year. I'd say we're in need of starting talent on the defensive side of the ball. Depth only won't get us far in the playoffs...

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Must resign Burnett....... even Siler (though limited) is important to our toughness inside. Butler is under a lot of pressure to come back from his injury and play significant minutes. ILB is a position where AJ should be looking for an experienced FA pickup.