1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Football Gameplan's Week 14 Preview Video - Chargers vs Chiefs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EmDiggy, Dec 9, 2010.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34

Good Morning Chargers Fans!! Good Luck this Week!

Em

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Good job but when this video was cut, Cassell was still healthy (no apendectomy) which may have changed your opinion with a 0-9 Brodie Coyle starting now. Even with Cassell in I suspect this Bolt team would have taken the Chiefs out and brutally.

3. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks Trumpet!!! Yes...This was filmed Monday.. Croyle definitely changes the game plan

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nice breakdown. I don't necessarily feel that Cassell being out matters all that much. I'm mostly concerned about our ability to stop the run & quick screens to McCluster. I do believe that Rivers will have a much better week against this D than he did against Oakland.

Key to our game plan will be not falling behind early. We need to be able to use ALL of our running attack vs. the Chiefs. Yes Ryan Mathews - get ready & hang onto the damn ball.

5. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
    My Man Buck!! Thanks Homie! You guys have the passing game to keep pressure on those young Safeties.. Norv must stay dedicated to the run this week.. because it will pop later on in the game!

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    No doubt. The Chiefs will ride the horse that has gotten them this far & that has primarily been the run game. Our D has to maintain their gaps. I'm sure that Haley knows speed kills an attacking defense & he will utilize that plenty on Sunday. I'd also look for Moeaki & Chambers to be more involved in the underneath passing game as we still struggle with covering TE's & underneath crossing patterns.

Keep up the good work!

7. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Chambers has been a healthy scratch for half the season. His time in KC is done. Unfortunately, we don't have much better to replace him. Neither Veran Tucker nor Terrance Copper are much of a threat. If you stop the run, there won't be much of a chance for us with Brodie Croyle throwing to Bowe and Moeaki.

8. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Fortunately for the Chiefs, the Chargers have proven time and time again this season that you don't necessarily have to play your best ball to beat them. Hang around and give them enough rope, and as often as not, they will hang themselves.

9. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    I don't know...this is the first week where things have been "off the track" for KC. I know that many people around the league (and most Charger fans) think of Matt Cassel as a backup QB at best, but there is really no question that he has been a HUGE part of the Chiefs success this year. On the field, he has been effective, but he has also been safe. The dude has 23 TDs and 4 INTs. He has scored 12 TDs while being blitzed, second only to Aaron Rodgers. He is scoring AND taking care of the ball as well as anyone in the league. He has also developed into a very effective leader. His players love him. He's tough as nails (dude was a special teams wedge-buster at USC). Tom Brady thinks he's going to be a superstar. He can talk to anyone about football as well as any number of other subjects. He really is coming into his own as a player and a leader. I think we will miss him FAR more than most seem to think.

I have met Brodie Croyle many times. He is a good kid. A southern boy who is about as unassuming as you can imagine. He has a strong arm and would probably be better at the deep ball than Cassel (if we had any real deep threat receivers). I think he has some pretty good football smarts about him even if he seems like the elevator doesn't quite go to all floors off the field lol. I don't read much into his 0-9 record, as he was starting for some truly putrid Carl Peterson/Herm Edwards "rebuliding" teams, but...I think he will be very rusty and I don't trust him to take care of the ball like Cassel or stay healthy even through a single game.

The loss of Cassel, if it proves to be longer than a few weeks could truly be a sad end to what has been a wonderful season.