1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Football Gameplan's Week 15 Preview Video - Chargers vs 49ers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EmDiggy, Dec 15, 2010.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34

Good Morning Chargers Fans!! Good Luck this Week!

Em

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good breakdown but I can't agree with your outcome. Big surprise, huh?

I'm not sold on Alex Smith being able to handle our D. Vernon Davis concerns me as we continue to struggle with TE coverage (and he IS a stud at his position), but I believe we'll find ways to harass Smith into making mistakes. I also don't believe that the Westbrook/Dixon combo will have nearly the success against us that they had vs. the Seahawks. We controlled the Charles/Thomas/McCluster group last week - I can't see allowing SF's backfield to be enough better.

On offense, the return of Jackson is huge, particularly considering that it's very unlikely for us to see Gates in uniform tomorrow night. Having both Jackson & Floyd healthy creates a matchup nightmare & forces SF's D to pay a LOT of attention to them, opening up the running game. Rivers doesn't have to wait for deep patterns to open up - quick slants to Jackson can easily turn into big gainers as we know that he's a beast in YAC.

One last note - the Chargers nearly always seem to rise to the occasion when under stress. Not only are they fighting for their playoff lives, they also have a short turnaround for this game. It may sound odd, but I honestly believe that this plays to their favor.

I'm going with the Chargers by 2 TD's.

Thanks once again for your good work.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Interesting pick EmDiggy.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Good job and find some time to catch up on that sleep.

Merry Christmas !!!

5. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Doesn't this guy know Gates is out this week? Is he from SF? Two weeks in a row he kinda slights the Chargers. Where does his credibility/experience come from? Not seeing his points.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    He is a fan just like anyone else trying to put something out there. He does not need credentials, his views can differ from ours. It is all good.

7. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
    THanks Big Buck!! The outcome of the game for you guys all depends on how ya'll start.. I've noticed that with the Chargers, the way you guys start is how you finish.. So, if you guys burst out of the gates guns'a'blazin...then the Niners could have some trouble.

It's one of those games DB!! Should be a good one though!

Thanks TM!! I'mma try! Merry Christmas

Not slighting the Chargers...just giving a pick based off what I see from the games and the upcoming matchups... And I'm from New Orleans ;) I also played at UL-Lafayette..running back

Zackly! It's all in fun!

8. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion, he's just giving his take. Not everyone has to pick the Chargers to win every week.

9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I don't know if I fully agree, but I do agree that if San Diego can pick up the lead early and get the 49ers in catch-up mode that the Chargers will win this one. It's been their downfall all season - they do not do well playing catch-up but give them the room to run and they're spectacular. The Raiders had that room two weekends ago and won going away. My prediction is 24-13 CHARGERS.