1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Football Gameplan's Week 2 Chargers v Patriots Video Preview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EmDiggy, Sep 14, 2011.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34

Good Evening Chargers Fans! Good Luck this Week!

Em

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Pats are going DOWWWWWWWWWN!!!.......... #imjustsaying ;)

3. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
    A part of me secretly hopes so.. Too much Brady love going around. I mean he's a great player...but ESPN and all of the other media outlets would make you think he's the greatest thing since 3-way calling! AND they also like to ignore the fact that the Pats went 11-5 WITHOUT Brady.. You see how valuable Manning is for the Colts and I could imagine without Rivers you guys would also not finish 11-5.. justsayin :)

4. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    Decent analysis EmDiggity. I find the keys to the game are stopping the TE's. Getting pressure on Brady early and often will help this out. I'm not convinced our DL is soo much worse without Castillo, but it definitely stings with him not being in there. I hope to see our passing attack have about 45 pass attempts, as I think our WR's can beat there DB's handidly. Our running game will depend on our O-Line getting push off the snap, but that hasn't been happening often.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I would agree with that assessment....... the media is comparing Brady to a Jedi master. :rolleyes:

Volek could lead the Chargers to a .500 or better record, but not by much. Without Manning, the Colts are sheet out of luck.

I think the loss of Castillo is overstated, but we'll see if Martin can step up like I believe he can. An athletic line of Garay, Liuget, and Martin could give the Pats O-line trouble, with Koppen out. An inexperienced center will have his hands full with Garay.

At the very least, it should be an entertaining game.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We're gonna break Brady like a wishbone.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Martin with one leg, Liuget with the other, and Garay making a wish. :abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Sorry but Castillo to Vaughn Martin is not that much of a drop off. We lose a little run stoppage to gain a lot more pressure on the QB. Garay against a backup center is where this is going to be won. Garay is going to collapse the pocket a ton this weekend. I think that he is right that Mathews could be big this weekend.

9. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    I think I'd be more worried if we are lining up for a game winning FG with Novak. :eek:

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Maybe its just the Time in the Season or maybe its just the TIME, but I like the odds that we help the rest of the world to remember that Brady isnt Mr Perfect. Tom Terrific sure Mr Perfect close.

O and we win by alot because I took NE D in my fantasy draft.... I will be gettin negative points out of this I am sure $ is on the line lol.

11. Nutz&Boltz

Nutz&Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    EmDiggy had everything pretty much right in his preview.. Except for the stat that's most misleading stat, 98 yards rushing for AP last week, almost half of his 98 yards came on a 46 yard rushing play that should have been stopped some where between 15 and 20 yards. Not making excuses, it's just reality, also he was the best pure running back we'll most likely see this year. I don't feel like the Patriots no matter what type run blocking they draw up will do any better than he did. But I love the preview EmDiggy, look forward to more.

GO BOLTS!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Why does this guy always say "you guys" during his analysis. Would be much more professional sounding if he didn't talk in the second person. Needs to get that fixed. The analysis itself is pretty good otherwise.