1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Football Gameplan's Wk 12 Video Preview - SD v DEN

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EmDiggy, Nov 23, 2011.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34

Good morning Chargers fans! Good luck this week!

Em

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I wish that I could jump you for this prediction Em - but I can't.

Do I believe we'll lose? Nope - not going that far. But it's certainly a fair possibility & you've offered a plausible reason why. Pair that with our recent performances & ..... well, let's just say that ain't the smell of roses that I'm picking up.

Two things, IMO .... we have to establish some success running the ball in order to slow the Denver pass rush. Without that, it's highly unlikely that Rivers will get enough time to stretch the field. Screens & quick slants should be in the mix as well.

Stack the box to stop the run & make Tebow use his arm. If our DB's can't defend against this guy, we deserve to lose. Tebow may have a horseshoe or a bible or whatever in his back pocket, but I still believe that he's a passing fad that DC's will quickly gain an answer for. Whether that answer appears this Sunday in San Diego is the $64k question.

3. Boltz

Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Should we win? Yes. We have significantly more talent than the Broncos. Will we win? Probably not. We find ways to lose to a lot of teams and I can easily see Teblow running all over us, and the Chargers falling late after another failed late rally, 24-21

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Mathews has had his biggest games against Denver in his short career...... hoping for another good performance Sunday.

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I see you've finally caught on - the Chargers just can't win. Tebow's given me plenty of nightmares but he's come through otherrwise. Dumerville against the patchwork offensive line should be a nightmare in itself. I hate the Donkeys but I'm not sure they'll be the ones going home sulking on Sunday.

6. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks Gang!! What makes this game intruiging is that the Chargers KNOW how to stop Denver, AND have the personnel to do so, the question is can they get out of their own way?