1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

For everyone who dissed Norv, he sure showed you

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10578662/rss

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    I wasn't one bit disappointed/angry about Marty's firing. Marty is good at only one thing, rescuing a franchise in very poor shape and getting them to some form of respectability. After that it is time for a better coach to come in and take it on. I always thought this right back to his days with the Browns. He was what we needed when he arrived but arguably he could have been moved on before the 06 season.

I am one of those who was v surprised that they hired Norv. If I had my choice back then of all of the guys who were interviewed I would have gone for Rex Ryan most probably (mind you there were not a great bunch of candidates considering we were late to get the recruitment process going). When AJ banged on about continuity I thought, yeah, makes sense. But isn't it strange that it took em 14 weeks (incl preseason) to get it together?. So much for continuity.

I will admit that after the KC loss at home I was throwing the towel in aswell as the kitchen sink. I am as pleased as everyone as to how it has turned out. I give alot of credit to Norv and the players, it could have got real ugly back then but for some reason it didn't. Some of the players can probably take some credit for this too.

:tup:

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Gotta raise my hand. Even though I said you have to stand by Norv if you're going to stand by the team, I was vocal in my displeasure at both his & Cottrell's hirings. In fact, I felt that this was the worst pairing that we could pick.

So much for my evaluation. :lol:

Congrats to both Norv & Ted. :tup:

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Nobody gets a pass from me until I get my San Diego Chargers Super Bowl Champion shirt and hat

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

5. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ahahha

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Norv has very much redeemed himself but we have two games left!!! :bolt:

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

8. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    AND dvd. I want that too.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    truth